Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2009, 19:26   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Is is the same lane towards Ranga Shankara or JP Nagar Police Station?? Was thinking of visiting a small restaurant that looks like dhaba this weekend..
Yeah its near that.There is one veg hotel opposite to that dhaba.Take the road on its left.There you will find the place!
Old 21st September 2009, 12:13   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Thanks, I have travelled 10000+ times on this road still never knew about this briyani centre.
Yep u'll miss 10000 times, coz it's situated in small house.
Just after the hump towards your left, green house.
Had been there last saturday, but I always get parcel from there.(70 Rs-Chicken Biryani)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
In between Deccan Herald building and the building that housed the Coffee House earlier, there is a complex with a circular building inside - that's the Shrungar Complex. It has has small touristy shops (including one that is a currency exchange joint) near the entrance.
Thanks DerAlte,
Never noticed, had been there many a times for SBI, Jewellry shop. Shall try next time.
Old 25th September 2009, 22:19   #768
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what happened to this Andhra style eatery called RR? Used to be at the junction of Church Street & Brigade Rd. This there's a Nike/Reebok showroom there now.
Used to frequent the place way back in the early 90's. Thought they moved elsewhere,but never really heard about it after that.
Old 26th September 2009, 12:10   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Does anyone know what happened to this Andhra style eatery called RR? Used to be at the junction of Church Street & Brigade Rd. This there's a Nike/Reebok showroom there now.
Used to frequent the place way back in the early 90's. Thought they moved elsewhere,but never really heard about it after that.
Hotel RR is on Church street in the same building where Hyderabad Mahal restaurant is situated. Its on the 2nd floor IMO. This building is right opposite to NASA pub.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:43   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Hotel RR is on Church street in the same building where Hyderabad Mahal restaurant is situated. Its on the 2nd floor IMO. This building is right opposite to NASA pub.
Yes, I'm aware of the location, but does this eatery still exist? I thought they closed down long time ago. Was an ardent fan of their chicken biriyani!
Old 28th September 2009, 20:58   #771
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Yes, I'm aware of the location, but does this eatery still exist? I thought they closed down long time ago. Was an ardent fan of their chicken biriyani!
It still very much exists and their Biryanis are still very tasty and yummy! One of the best biryani making restaurants in town.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:16   #772
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Biryani Mane for lunch 2 days back. The biryani was really good.
Tried both Mutton Biryani & Chicken Biryani, but MB was better than CB.
Worrisome thing is that, there are no chairs to sit, but it's more like darshinis, where one has to stand and eat. But anyways looks neat & clean restaurent
Biryani Mane is just after Foodworld towards your left on Jaynagar 7th Block on way to Banshankari bus stop(Kanakpura Road). Nearest landmark is Deepak nursing Home
Old 10th October 2009, 00:44   #773
BHPian

Guys, looking for decent place around South Bangalore (Koramnagala, JP Nagar, Jaynagar) for hosting a team dinner for about 20 people today ( Saturday)? Buffet/À_la_carte anything is fine - no preference on cuisine aswell - just food no drinks - The damage is on me so the lesser the better ;-)

thanks for any suggestions....
Old 10th October 2009, 09:16   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Guys, looking for decent place around South Bangalore (Koramnagala, JP Nagar, Jaynagar) for hosting a team dinner for about 20 people today ( Saturday)? Buffet/À_la_carte anything is fine - no preference on cuisine aswell - just food no drinks - The damage is on me so the lesser the better ;-)

cannot think beyond barbeque nation. VFM. but, it fails on the monetary damage part. it hits you with a 500 buks/ person.
otherwise, inchara in jp nagar 6th phase (puttenahalli rd) is good for good food.
Old 10th October 2009, 13:24   #775

Checked on Hyderabadi Biryani location and found this:
Quote:
#82, 2nd Cross Rd, 24th Main Rd, JP Nagar 2nd Phase, Near RV Dental College, Bangalore, Karnataka 560078 (Hyderabadi Biryani)
080 3020 4919‎
09886016564‎ - Mobile
Couldn't reach the land line #. Tried mobile # n ah a wrong #. Has anyone come here recently?
Old 10th October 2009, 15:49   #776

Quote:

You may like to check Punjabi Times on Bannerghetta Road (near Jayadeva flyover).

Best Regards.
Old 10th October 2009, 20:33   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
cannot think beyond barbeque nation. VFM. but, it fails on the monetary damage part. it hits you with a 500 buks/ person...
Will go with the above suggestion.

20 people, serving time, ordering confusions, bill verification and all such issues with a large group outing is negated when you got to BBQ Nation.

Once you decide on the type of course (I reckon, even on Saturdays you have the two choices for lunch) the BBQ sticks start arriving almost instantaneously!
Old 10th October 2009, 22:03   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Will go with the above suggestion.

20 people, serving time, ordering confusions, bill verification and all such issues with a large group outing is negated when you got to BBQ Nation.

Once you decide on the type of course (I reckon, even on Saturdays you have the two choices for lunch) the BBQ sticks start arriving almost instantaneously!
just got back from Mangalore pearl on coles road. amazing sea food.cost? not much at all. absolute VFM. highly recommended.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:42   #779
Senior - BHPian

3 quarter Chinese nice ambiance decent food well priced buffet.
3/5 from my side.
located on church street next to amoeba.
Old 10th October 2009, 23:51   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
just got back from Mangalore pearl on coles road. amazing sea food.cost? not much at all. absolute VFM. highly recommended.
Hey bro, where exactly is it? Would love to try it out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks