Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 14:41   #916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
There is Caperberry next to Manipal Centre. Building is The Estate on Dickenson road. The front is Tanishq shop and Caperberry is at the back.

It's very good.
It better be good for the exorbitant prices you pay.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:23   #917
Senior - BHPian

Barbeque Nation seems to have gone to seed. Visited the JP Nagar branch Friday evening, and the experience has put me off forever.
* No 'accompanying drink' was served, even though it was on the menu (we remembered later)
* No one explained what was on the menu or what do you get - they just assumed everyone knows, or doesn't need to know anything
* The only snacks that kept coming around again and again was the 'Cajun potatoes', despite reminding them again and again that there was only 1 vegetarian at our table of 4
* All the non-veg starters were overdone (charred at the edges, chicken overcooked till fibrous) before they were served on the table-top grill
* Empty skewers were not getting removed from the table, nor were new ones brought in - as if we did not exist at all
* They served grilled crab from a portable metal grill (those black spherical ones), which had a strong smell of kerosene. I am sure the crabs hadn't committed self-immolation

All in all, an eminently forgettable experience. And an embarrassing one to boot. I had taken two American guests and had talked of the novelty of the place and good food! I had ignored earlier incidences of lack of service and bad food as an occasional quirk (at both the Domlur and JP Nagar branches), but this instance was the worst.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:53   #918
Team-BHP Support

I tried out BFC which is at the HSR Layout entrance near Sarjapur Road.
i expected it to be a fast food joint on the likes of KFC, but it turned out to be a restaurant.

Service was kinda okie, but nothing special. The place was deserted on a Sunday evening, save for a couple of tables which were occupied.

Also, the place was too silent for my liking, with no music or anything playing and no sound of chit chat, it somehow didnt cut it for me. I would prefer KFC over this.

Anyone else tried out this place?
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:03   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
Try the Cubbon Pavilion at the ITC Royal Gardenia on residency road. I'am sure that'll leave your client mighty impressed.
thanks guys, We finally landed up at copper chimney on 5th floor bangalore central. I was pretty impressed. Good food and good service and a nice ambience. The non-veg platter was good and had a nice assortment of non-veg items. The mutton and chicken sheek were very well done.

has anyone gone to the PING chinese restaurant in koramangla. My friend tells me that it is a place worth a visit. The food is good and especially the deserts.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:18   #920
BHPian

Has anyone visited the food court at Bangalore Central (JP Nagar)? If so please share your experience.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:56   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
... PING chinese restaurant ... especially the deserts.
Hmmm... that is normally the department almost any Chinese restaurant in Bangalore is short of in ideas. Where exactly in Koramangala is this?
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:39   #922
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Barbeque Nation seems to have gone to seed. Visited the JP Nagar branch Friday evening, and the experience has put me off forever.
* No 'accompanying drink' was served, even though it was on the menu (we remembered later)
* No one explained what was on the menu or what do you get - they just assumed everyone knows, or doesn't need to know anything
* The only snacks that kept coming around again and again was the 'Cajun potatoes', despite reminding them again and again that there was only 1 vegetarian at our table of 4
* All the non-veg starters were overdone (charred at the edges, chicken overcooked till fibrous) before they were served on the table-top grill
* Empty skewers were not getting removed from the table, nor were new ones brought in - as if we did not exist at all
* They served grilled crab from a portable metal grill (those black spherical ones), which had a strong smell of kerosene. I am sure the crabs hadn't committed self-immolation

All in all, an eminently forgettable experience. And an embarrassing one to boot. I had taken two American guests and had talked of the novelty of the place and good food! I had ignored earlier incidences of lack of service and bad food as an occasional quirk (at both the Domlur and JP Nagar branches), but this instance was the worst.
I agree totally.

Sir, you should try Kabab Studio in Goldfinch Hotel, Kumar Krupa.

It's similar to BBQ Nation. Unlimited starters which are chicken, lamb, fish and other veg stuff.

The chicken is succulent and soft. The mutton is extremely tasty and soft as well.

After you are done with the starters, you can move on the main buffet where they have the usual biryani, curries, rice, rotis, etc... Even that section is much better than BBQ Nation.

The only department in which I prefer BBQ Nation is the Desserts.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:19   #923
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Barbeque Nation seems to have gone to seed. Visited the JP Nagar branch Friday evening, and the experience has put me off forever...

...I had ignored earlier incidences of lack of service and bad food as an occasional quirk (at both the Domlur and JP Nagar branches), but this instance was the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I agree totally.

Sir, you should try Kabab Studio in Goldfinch Hotel, Kumar Krupa...

...The only department in which I prefer BBQ Nation is the Desserts.
with you Nikhil! And Sir, you should also give 'Cafe Masala' a try. It's on the top floor of Eva Mall on Brigade Road (next to Aromas Of China & Vaayu)

Cafe Masala is a great place and is based on the same lines as Kabab Studio and BBQ Nation. However, IMO, it's better than BBQ nation and comes tantalizingly close to Kabab Studio in terms of service, food and ambiance! Do give it a try!
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:30   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
with you Nikhil! And Sir, you should also give 'Cafe Masala' a try. It's on the top floor of Eva Mall on Brigade Road (next to Aromas Of China & Vaayu)

Cafe Masala is a great place and is based on the same lines as Kabab Studio and BBQ Nation. However, IMO, it's better than BBQ nation and comes tantalizingly close to Kabab Studio in terms of service, food and ambiance! Do give it a try!
+1 to that Suhaas . I tried the buffet at Cafe Masala much before I tried BBQ Nation and really liked it. Been a while since I went there though.
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:42   #925
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I agree totally...

...The only department in which I prefer BBQ Nation is the Desserts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
+1 to that Suhaas . I tried the buffet at Cafe Masala much before I tried BBQ Nation and really liked it. Been a while since I went there though.
And I wonder why we haven't met again!

P.S. And I also think BBQ Nation is overpriced. I quite like the 'White Flag' concept though!
Old 23rd February 2010, 09:57   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
And I wonder why we haven't met again!

P.S. And I also think BBQ Nation is overpriced. I quite like the 'White Flag' concept though!
I feel BBQ Nation is value for money. The verity of non-veg, spread and Desserts all are too good. Non-veg starters is one of the best in town, Prawn, Chicken legs, mutton sheek kabab, Crab masala, I love this tandoori prawn there, if you eat sufficient prawn its full redemption of the money

I should definitely try cafe masala next time, i would like it, since my favorite has been BBQ till now.

Last edited by shamanth : 23rd February 2010 at 10:01.
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:33   #927
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Hotel Radha Regency at Electronic city, Adjacent to WIPRO.
Nice ambience ,Buffet was good, with Fish,Mutton,Chicken items + lots of veg items.
Good part was Desserts, lots of varities.
Fish grill + Chicken biryani+chicken Dry was yummy
300+tax/person.
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:51   #928
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I feel BBQ Nation is value for money. The verity of non-veg, spread and Desserts all are too good. Non-veg starters is one of the best in town, Prawn, Chicken legs, mutton sheek kabab, Crab masala, I love this tandoori prawn there, if you eat sufficient prawn its full redemption of the money

I should definitely try cafe masala next time, i would like it, since my favorite has been BBQ till now.
Cafe Masala and Kabab Studio are miles ahead of BBQ Nation IMO! Try both and you'll see!
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:20   #929
Distinguished - BHPian

With all this talk about whether Kabab Studio is better or BBQ Nation, I feel a meet coming on!
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:43   #930
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
With all this talk about whether Kabab Studio is better or BBQ Nation, I feel a meet coming on!
You read my mind big man! We shall make it happen soon!

Oh and guys, you'll should try out 'Angeeti' in Museum Inn on Museum Road next to Empire. It's a fabulous place! The ambiance is quite nice but it feels a little cramped and claustrophobic. But the food is scrumptious!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks