Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 22:04   #961
BHPian

A normal meet would be great. Nikhil, our master foodie, can guide all of us to a good place. What say? How about a weekday dinner.. coz I'm not free on weekends.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:22   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Suhaas, we cant wait for the 911. When you get a 911, no simple dinner treat will suffice.

You will fly us in your rpivate jet(or charter a plane) and take us to Madras, put us up Le Meridien and arrange for a convoy of cars to take us to MMST so that we can drive your 911

Anyway, you guys give me the go ahead and we'll arrange the next meet.

It will HAVE to be at Kabab Studio.
Old 1st March 2010, 22:29   #963
BHPian

^^ what are we celebrating again - the jazz or the upcoming 911 :-)
Old 1st March 2010, 22:41   #964
Distinguished - BHPian

Small steps re....

Jazz first. Then a Civic Type R. Then a Cayman(coz I know Porscheboi loves the Cockster more than the Boxster). Finally the 911.

Correct me if I've missed a car or two somewhere there, suhaas.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:36   #965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Suhaas, we cant wait for the 911. When you get a 911, no simple dinner treat will suffice.

You will fly us in your rpivate jet(or charter a plane) and take us to Madras, put us up Le Meridien and arrange for a convoy of cars to take us to MMST so that we can drive your 911

Anyway, you guys give me the go ahead and we'll arrange the next meet.

It will HAVE to be at Kabab Studio.
Quote:
Small steps re....

Jazz first. Then a Civic Type R. Then a Cayman(coz I know Porscheboi loves the Cockster more than the Boxster). Finally the 911.

Correct me if I've missed a car or two somewhere there, suhaas.
That would be when my collection of Porsches would be enough to start a dealership! But I like the way you think, Nikhil! Nice juicy corners and straights to go with the heavenly meat and potatoes! What a treat! Oh, and yes, you've got the order absolutely spot on! The Civic Type R, then the Cockster and then the 911! Now since we're in the 'Eating out in Bangalore' thread, I'd like to place my order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
^^ what are we celebrating again - the jazz or the upcoming 911 :-)
Right now, the Jazz, jassi! The celebrations for the 911 aren't too far away!
Old 14th March 2010, 01:51   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
+1 to that Suhaas . I tried the buffet at Cafe Masala much before I tried BBQ Nation and really liked it. Been a while since I went there though.
So I went to Cafe Masala on friday night as it had been a while since I went there. It was completely full but luckily within 5 mins we got a table for 2.
And it went all downhill from there.

There was no card which mentioned the starters and the main course.

They started with 2 chicken starters, and there was no service after that.
After asking them to get other starters they asked what starter I wanted instead of telling me what starters they did offer.

Had I not been there before, i would have been lost.

The fish starter wasnt good, though the prawns were decent.
Whatever you ordered came on a plate, nothing to keep it warm.

I asked for galauti kebabs which were there the last time I had gone there and I was offered mutton chops instead.

The grilled fruit was very spicy, hara bhara kabab was dry, the main course was really sad. The only time they are ready to give you attention is if you are ordering a drink.

A big dissapointment. They have completely lost it in terms of service as well as food.BBQ Nation is far better in terms of value and taste.

I take back my previous comments, Cafe Masala has lost its charm for me.

Verdict: Struck off my list of places to visit until I get some really really good reviews about it.

Last edited by sammyboy : 14th March 2010 at 01:53.
Old 14th March 2010, 07:09   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
So I went to Cafe Masala on friday night as it had been a while since I went there. It was completely full but luckily within 5 mins we got a table for 2.
And it went all downhill from there.

There was no card which mentioned the starters and the main course.

They started with 2 chicken starters, and there was no service after that.
After asking them to get other starters they asked what starter I wanted instead of telling me what starters they did offer.

Had I not been there before, i would have been lost.

The fish starter wasnt good, though the prawns were decent.
Whatever you ordered came on a plate, nothing to keep it warm.

I asked for galauti kebabs which were there the last time I had gone there and I was offered mutton chops instead.

The grilled fruit was very spicy, hara bhara kabab was dry, the main course was really sad. The only time they are ready to give you attention is if you are ordering a drink.

A big dissapointment. They have completely lost it in terms of service as well as food.BBQ Nation is far better in terms of value and taste.

I take back my previous comments, Cafe Masala has lost its charm for me.

Verdict: Struck off my list of places to visit until I get some really really good reviews about it.
+1
I had been to cafe masala yesterday, was pretty much disappointed with food. The non-veg starters was some chicken kebab, fish pakoda and prawn. None of them were tasty, could not eat more than once anything, it was not appealing . Main course was pretty much average also. BQN is too good compared to this, even though paying Rs 150 more.

I had been to Cafe Masala in weekdays, Starters were pretty good, Chicken drum stick, hariyali kebab and fish fry and had better main course also, No Kulfi also in weekends. I told them the same weekday spread was far better and tasty why you are charging more on weekends with disappointing stuff , just to include prawn which was not good. He was telling weekend its indian stuff, and he will try to correct things.
Old 15th March 2010, 08:02   #968
BHPian

Had been to Bawarchi continental resturant for sunday's dinner.
It is sitauted very near to Seshadripuram college. It has nice ambeince & the food was tasty(veggie). The service was also good & rates were resaonable.
Old 19th March 2010, 22:27   #969
BHPian

Meghna Biryani - Near paramount kormangla

So 4 of us went there last week and order their special dish for the day

leaf chicken - dry
Maharaja chicken - dry
4 Chicken biryanis

The leaf chicken was no doubt amazing. Medium boneless chicken pieces with a very very very slight ting of sweetness. The masala was just right with very few curry leafs.

Maharaja chicken was also good but we liked the leaf chicken very much.

Biryani was amazing too.

Edit: Anyone tried the lucknow famous "tunde ke kabab" in koramangla ??

Last edited by quadra : 19th March 2010 at 22:29.
Old 20th March 2010, 00:18   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Meghna's is brilliant. They have opened a new outlet in Jayanagr 4th block, practically NEXT to my house and all my weight-loss plans have gone for a huge six.

Recently, I've been to Fiorano after about 8 months.

The food is very good. But overpriced. The interiors and ambience is nothing great. It's nice, but nothing great. When we entered the restaurant around 8:30 pm on a Sunday evening, we were the ONLY people there.

Mom was massivley confused as to what she should eat! However all 4 of us were very happy with the food we ordered.

The best part is the dessert. The chocolate mud pie is mindblowing! They serve it with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. You nudge the chocolate pie and it jiggles with the promise of what's inside. You cut it open and hot gooey chocolate flows out of it!! Oh man! A true chocoholic like me will go crazy seeing that! That is by far one of the YUMMIEST desserts I've had recently and I've had some good ones recently!

My sister has the marble cheesecake and that was superb as well! Honestly, the desserts ALONE are worth going to this place but the main course, salads and starters are fantastic as well. It's just that it's quite expensive and going on a regular basis wont work out for us. Probably once in a way or for a special occasion.

DESMONDS

Old-timers will remember Tycoons on Infantry road, next to Safina Plaza. The guy who owned it, Desmond Rice, had to close the restaurant down due to some issues. I think it because the restaurant was in the basement and that was the time the BBMP was closing down basements.

I've been going to Tycoons since I can remember. And my earliest memory of eating out was Tycoons! They had a waterfall and we always tried to get a table next to that. There was a small wooden bridge as well and I remember the 5 year old Nikhil was highly amused by standing on it and seeing the fishes swim below.

My order there ever since I can remember has been

1). Minced Chicken Steak with mushroom sauce. No vegetables, but lots of french fries.

2). Caramel Custard.

Later on, I added a chicken Salad to the order.

A little note about the food.

The chicken steak used to be awesome. The mushroom sauce they used was different from ANY other mushroom sauce I've ever had.

The Caramel Custard is quite simply the best I've ever had. They give it with cream. And not just a small dollop of cream at the top, but sweetened cream in a cup to pour on the custard!

I felt really sad when they closed down.

The owner opened another restaurant called "Desmonds" on Lavelle Road. He also opened a branch in Koramanagala. Have never been to the Koramanagala one. However, we went to the Lavelle Road branch recently and oh boy! It was FANTASTIC!!

Almost 20 years have passed since I've been coming and the taste remains EXACTLY the same! It still tastes fantastic.

The Caramel Custard is just awesome. My sister had the New York Baked Cheesecake and it was fantastic as well! It is by far one of the best cheesecakes I've had in Bangalore. Rarely do you find a cheesecake which is cheesy enough without being just a block of sweetened cheese.

I must say, Desmonds is worth a visit for the desserts at least.

They also have some really good Indian, Italian and Continental dishes.
Old 20th March 2010, 02:12   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Meghna's is brilliant. They have opened a new outlet in Jayanagr 4th block
Nikhil, where in Jayanagar 4th Block is Meghna Biryani opened? There are very few good Restaurants serving Biryani at Jayanagar, and with Meghana Biryani opening their outlet at Jayanagar its good news!!!!
Old 20th March 2010, 09:50   #972
Distinguished - BHPian

It's practically next to La Casa. Very close to Jayanagar Telephone Exchange and the Barista.
Old 20th March 2010, 20:48   #973
Senior - BHPian

Indijoe's Rmz infinity.
I used to be a regular to the Joes in Carlton towers but after the fire it has been shut down for sometime.
The Food was not even worth mentioning ,2 chicken dishes that's it.
The Old Joe's had a huge selection of non veg dishes plus lots of desserts.
this place first of all had literally no ambiance because you are literally sitting in the open.
Since im a non boozer , i generally order fresh lime soda , it turned out to be dearer than beer @ 90 bucks and generally i need 3-4 glasses of it (beer 200/2 during happy hours) as the case it is with all Bjn group hotels.

On a general i have been to almost 5-10 BJN group(i think) restaurants and firstly im strongly against the policy of charging service tax by default. A waiter should be tipped based on his service.
The waiters were not very Courteous here. On a Personal level
Im possibly going to boycott all BJN group of restaurants.
Old 21st March 2010, 11:10   #974
Senior - BHPian

Taco Bell opened in Bangalore, Saw a big sign board on Brigade road yesterday. I think its in newly opened Mantri Square. I do not know how well this stripped down version of Mexican food work in India. I am not a big fan of Taco Bell but really appreciate the price! VFM deal

Is there any good genuine Mexican restaurant in Bangalore?
Old 21st March 2010, 22:32   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

@Latheesh ---

You can try Chillies on Old Airport Road.

Had been to Taco Bell today.

Food is quite good. As with most junk food, you cant eat too much of the same thing. And it is best eaten hot as the tacos get soft after a while.

The taste is very very similar to the taste you get in the American outlets. There is a massive difference in taste at McDs and to some extent at KFC as well. However, with Taco Bell, the taste is almost identical.

The system they follow is also very nice and organised. Of course, if you can help it, please dont go during the weekends.

Mantri Square Mall was so crowded, by 7:20pm, they had closed all the doors to enter the mall. They were only allowing people to exit. No one was allowed to enter. It was that crowded. It was quite insane.

I overheard the manager/owner of Taco Bell telling someone that yesterday, they had to allow people to enter in batches. Open the doors, allow people to come in and in 3 minutes the restaurant was full. They would close the restaurant for 10 mins and then open it again. He says he lost a lot of customers and that is why today he just kept it open all the while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks