Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 14:12   #1381
BANNED

Medici is superb.

What a software - wont let me just enter the three words above - sheesh.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:26   #1382
Senior - BHPian

I want to try Medici since my wife loves French cuisine. Last time I called they said no reservations required but when I showed up an hour and a half later they asked me to wait as tables were not going to be available for at least 30 mins.

I didnt see any point in waiting so went to "100 Feet" few buildings away and i loved it.

Food was awesome and the service was top notch and excellent. Must visit for those who want VFM on the food and the quality of service. Average meal for two without alcohol is around 1k. You can customize the dishes as per requirement... the staff just wont say no to anything. Wonderful service and courteous staff. They make you feel really special.

Also happened to lunch with my colleagues at "Taste of Rampur" next to Hyderabad House on hosur road near Forum Mall. The resto looks plain from the outside but is very nicely decorated inside. Food is excellent and service is good. I was pleasantly surprised when i entered as it looks so bland from the outside (the name board) but inside is tastefully decorated in orange tapestries and bronze statues.
Old 26th August 2010, 15:56   #1383
BHPian

In Bangalore for Kannadiga food visit MTR on Lalbagh road or Maiyyas in Jayanagar 4th block beside ganesh temple. They both are from the same family and serve Besibele bath which is equal to biryani in hyderabad or vada pav of mumbai. Also try out Masala Dosas in bangalore in MTR,Maiyyas, Virdyarthi bhavan (Gandhibazar), CTR (Opp malleshwaram ground), Sri Udupi Krishna Bhavan (On Sunday bazaar rd). The dosas u get in Bangalore and Mysore are mouth watering no like the ones else where which dont have life in it.
If you want to taste mangalorean food then Mangalore pearl is good both food and ambiance on wheeler road and coles road junction.
There are other couple of places which are unique like The EGG Factory on St marks road and Taste of Tibet onSide road of brigade road.
For Ice creams try Corner house outlets anywhere in bangalore they are very good and have good variety.Also Lakeview on MG Road is all time favorite for ICe creams.
Old 26th August 2010, 16:06   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I need to know if there are any good south Indian restraints in Indiranagar/Thippasandra/Jeevan Bheema nagar on the lines of Upahara Dardhani/Mayyas or other nice south Indian hotels in the south of Bangalore
MTR/Maiyas now have an outlet in Forum Value mall in Whitefield.
I am a big fan of Maiyas, but this outlet somehow disappointed me. They were good the first time, and the next times, they missed one item or other, and were pretty disorganized.
I would prefer ala carte dosas etc from them, and I observed on my latest visit(this weekend ) from them that they started a snacks buffet apart from meals for dinner.(as I remember, it is same amount as meals approx 200 per head)
I had my customary khara bath, and the taste is just perfect. But the service and order is something which they need to improve very much.
Old 28th August 2010, 19:47   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Went to Myilai Masala which is at Bangalore Central, JP Nagar. They are supposed to provide good south Indian food, but i found a broken tooth-prick in the masala in my Podi Masala Dosai. I brought it to their notice, but nothing was done. Not even an apology. And they have branches in Chennai and somewhere abroad.

Food was also just average, A2B provides much better south Indian food!
Old 28th August 2010, 19:47   #1386
BHPian

If you are near Mekhri Circle, do try a restaurant named Afrina. We tried it recently after visiting another boring ICE exhibition. The food was simply superb and is reasonably priced. This place can be found opposite the entrance to the palace grounds. Since the road is split by a divider, you can access it only if you are moving from Windsor Manor towards Mekhri Circle. Though the ambiance is average, the food more than makes up for it. I'll go to the extent of saying I've never tasted anything like this in Bangalore. Remember to try any one of their noodles or fried rice. If you are not a big fan of hot food, remember to tell him to go easy on the red stuff. Since you can see them cooking the food through a glass window, you can be sure of hygiene. The manager is also very polite and treats you like royalty. It is a pity that the location is kind of like the middle of nowhere

Last edited by triedeverything : 28th August 2010 at 19:53.
Old 30th August 2010, 20:22   #1387
BHPian

On my last visit to Bangalore i happen to overlook this place. Whats the cusine they are serving?
For calcutta rolls try out Pick and wrap in RT nagar .Rolls are value for money.
Awesome taste but its a takeaway counter ,also be aware the service is slow.
I strongly recommend rolls rather than any other dishes there.
Old 30th August 2010, 22:13   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
Very nice! I am tempted to check this place out. Do they have a vegetarian grill too? Other day I went to Caperberry next to Manipal Center on Dickenson road. Interesting space. Star chef Abhijit Saha was on vaccation. Had a few starters - Tapas platter etc. Found them a bit on the oilier side! Spanish cuisine I believe.
Sorry for the delayed response. Was on a holiday . Yup they have lots of veg stuff too. Its cheaper as well - 1200+tax.
Old 30th August 2010, 23:22   #1389
BHPian

Ragi Balls @ J P Nagar ?

Is there any good restaurant serving ragi balls (mudde) in and around J P Nagar, B'lore ?

Please suggest.
Old 31st August 2010, 01:35   #1390
BHPian

Near eva-mall there is this place called "Bangalore Bistro". I don't know if it has been mentioned in the thread before.
Please walk in and try the steaks. I had a chateaubriand the last time I was there. The most succulent tenderloin I have had in a long long time. Highly recommended.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:36   #1391

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there any good restaurant serving ragi balls (mudde) in and around J P Nagar, B'lore ?

Please suggest.
I have no idea regarding JP nagar, but if you can, please visit prashant in gandhi bajaar, raagi medde- nati koli saar is just awesome there.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:03   #1392
BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest.
There is Amaravathi Bar and Restaurant (slightly dingy place) located in the corner of the junction at East End Jayanagar Bust Stand (Near Flyover), next to the Bata Showroom. You get good Ragi Mudde with Chicken Curry. Really tasty!!!!
Old 31st August 2010, 16:38   #1393
BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest.
Kamat Bugle Rock, near Bull temple.
Old 31st August 2010, 17:46   #1394
BHPian

If u come near Navrang there are 2 outlets of "Keralapurada hindu miltary hotel" there they serve Ragi mudde with many varieties of mutton,chicken gravies.
Best combination for Ragi mudde is Lamb head curry(non-veg)and in (veg-andhra style) its groundnut chutney or tomato chutney with Ghee.
Old 31st August 2010, 18:21   #1395
BHPian

Is it only me or have any of the others also felt this?

Now-a-days i find the starters in most restaurants are great; but the food that follows is just about ok. I have noticed this in Ping (koramangala), Mainland china (both Indiranagar and Churchstreet), Neel (RMV), to name just a few, but this is the general feeling that I get. that the restaurants are not paying that much attention to their main courses.

Or is it that once we have had the starters, and the mad hunger is gone, then the main course doesnt seem so interesting. The funny thing is that if I again go back to the starters, i still find it tasty.

Most Viewed