Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 15:59   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Does it open for breakfast?
Very much.Paya is available for breakfast.Its a very old restaurant.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:26   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Does anyone know of any place in Bangalore where you can get freshly baked kulchas? Up north, you have bakeries selling them and they make for some really good breakfast. But the bakeries here have not heard of any such thing, atleast the ones that i tried.

If you stay near Ramamurthy nagar / Kammanahalli, then goto Degchi on Sunday for Amritsari kulcha - chole b'fast / brunch..
Old 6th December 2010, 16:28   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Ebony/13th Floor offer a good view, decent food. They specialize in Parsi cuisine too, I suppose.

Samarkhand is good if you are a Non Veg. Their NE Frontier cuisine is very good. Ambiance is nice, but sometimes gets crowded a bit and thus a little noisy.Other similar restaurants are Tijouri (at Atria), Jamavar (At The Leela), Jalsa (Marathalli Ring Road). In the same league as Samarkhand, Sikandar et all.

How about Bay Leaf at Raheja Arcade, Koramangla?

Bay Leaf has a good ambience.I'd rate the food as good(Not excellent)
Jalsa is over priced and I dont find it VFM.My all time favourite is SLV near Ragigudda.Every food item there is mouth watering and place is clean(strictly vegetarian though)

There is a small restaurant called Mangalore Pearl after Tom's bakery on Kamaraj road(after commercial road)
This place is pure bliss.The food is very nice and is run by a mangalorean family.The fish fry and the chicken ghee roast is simply amazing
Old 6th December 2010, 16:46   #1579
Senior - BHPian

I had my lunch at Al-Siddque @ coles park yesterday and ordered (SILVERWOOD+1)

1/2 Chicken kebabs-Rs 64-Very crispy, loved them.
Chicken biriyani-2 No's-Rs 100.Cant compare,i am from Hyderabad.

Total Damages-Rs 164.

I actually wanted to have chicken jumbo roll and kalmi kebabs,came to know that they are served only on evenings.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 6th December 2010 at 16:48.
Old 7th December 2010, 14:19   #1580
BHPian

Went to the newly opened Nandos on Church street today. Its basically a lot of grilled and flame grilled chicken with different types of spicy and not so spicy sauces. The food is quite good, but the rates for something very similar to a fast food restaurant are really very expensive. Meal for 2 with two plates of half chicken and a coke each was around 1.2k, including tax. We just went to try it out, since it was something new.

They also have some burgers and wraps and I would suggest you stick to those offerings if you are not very comfortable eating chicken with bones, that too with a fork and knife...like me.
Old 7th December 2010, 14:50   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Went to the newly opened Nandos on Church street today. Its basically a lot of grilled and flame grilled chicken with different types of spicy and not so spicy sauces. The food is quite good, but the rates for something very similar to a fast food restaurant are really very expensive. Meal for 2 with two plates of half chicken and a coke each was around 1.2k, including tax. We just went to try it out, since it was something new.

They also have some burgers and wraps and I would suggest you stick to those offerings if you are not very comfortable eating chicken with bones, that too with a fork and knife...like me.
These prices are crazy ! Just for 2 half plates & a coke each is daylight robbery, plus the torture of eating it with a fork & knife.

How is the taste/ambiance ? Whats the USP of this place ?
Old 7th December 2010, 15:33   #1582
BHPian

Quote:

Is this the same Nandos that we find abroad? I loved their grilled chicken when I tried it in Melbourne and later in Kuala Lumpur. Also the peri peri sauce was very good. But the cost does seem a bit too high.
Old 7th December 2010, 21:38   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
If it is the same Nandos chain (originally from SA) then they do insist on trying the chicken with hands and are ok with getting your hands dirty.
Old 7th December 2010, 22:35   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
If you stay near Ramamurthy nagar / Kammanahalli, then goto Degchi on Sunday for Amritsari kulcha - chole b'fast / brunch..
Better avoid this place. Dishes are stored in frozen state and when ordered those are heated for 2-3 mins and served, so that it appears as hot and freshly prepared. If you are okay with this, then you can head to this place.
Old 8th December 2010, 11:15   #1585
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Meal for 2 with two plates of half chicken and a coke each was around 1.2k, including tax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
These prices are crazy ! Just for 2 half plates & a coke each is daylight robbery?
He has mentioned Meal for 2 with 2 plates of Half chicken & Coke, It's expensive ... but definetely not day light robbery, would have been if it was Just for 2 plates of Chicken with Coke
Old 8th December 2010, 19:13   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
It's expensive ... but definetely not day light robbery
IMO all restaurants at Church street are expensive. Minimum one needs to shell out per person is 500 INR.

I wanted to try Nandos last weekend, but seeing the rush i changed my mind and tried Oye Amritsar instead. Good food and authentic north indian but again was expensive. Out of all restaurants on Church street i felt only Empire was relatively economical. But one does not bother much about the cost part if primary objective is good food and 100% satisfaction.

Last edited by lazybrain : 8th December 2010 at 19:20.
Old 9th December 2010, 10:57   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
IMO all restaurants at Church street are expensive. Minimum one needs to shell out per person is 500 INR.

I wanted to try Nandos last weekend, but seeing the rush i changed my mind and tried Oye Amritsar instead. Good food and authentic north indian but again was expensive. Out of all restaurants on Church street i felt only Empire was relatively economical. But one does not bother much about the cost part if primary objective is good food and 100% satisfaction.

I'd never want to eat in the Empire group! The food might taste good but they add too much of artificial colouring which isnt the best for our tummy.
Old 9th December 2010, 11:11   #1588
BHPian

Yup, its the same Nandos that we find abroad. This is the SA chain with mainly Portuguese food. Its nice and spicy and I would recommend the chicken. I believe the burger is good as well. I tried all the spicy sauces and they are pretty good. Must try at least once. And for an office lunch it is expensive.

The ambiance is pretty good, would rate it between a pizza hut and a high end restaurant. taking your family there will not be an issue.
Old 9th December 2010, 12:36   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
If one opts for Lunch buffet, most of the restaurent in Church street charge in the range of 300Rs/head(3 Quarter chinese, ADA Hind ki, Angeethi etc), Empire being the lowest(around 120Rs/head)
Old 9th December 2010, 13:28   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
There is a small restaurant called Mangalore Pearl after Tom's bakery on Kamaraj road(after commercial road)
This place is pure bliss.The food is very nice and is run by a mangalorean family.The fish fry and the chicken ghee roast is simply amazing
Mangalore pearl is on Coles road.

Last edited by chikkars : 9th December 2010 at 13:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks