Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 21:13   #2086
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Had a takeaway on last Sunday from Savoury @ Mosque Road.

Kheema
Egg Biryani
Daal Fry &
Kerala Paratha (4 No's)

I always love the food here at Savoury.Kheema was awesome as usual, the quantity seemed to be a bit less this time
Egg biryani & Daal Fry were also good, also loved the non-oily Kerala Parathas.

Total Damages-Rs 250.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A new eatery named ''MOZO'' has opened up last week @ Coles Road.

Any reviews.?

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 29th February 2012 at 21:31.
Old 5th March 2012, 11:59   #2087
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Shanti Sagar @Indira Nagar last evening for dinner and ordered the following (SILVERWOOD+3)

1,Kadai Paneer
2,Zeera Aalo
3,Butter Naan
4,Veg Manchurian &
5,Masala Papad.

Zeera Aalo was the best amongst all.Dont mind going again only for the amazing Zeera Aalo.

Total Damages-Rs 540.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:54   #2088
BHPian

I visited this place called Sea Shell on Bannergatta Road. Seems a pretty decent space. Looks like the place specializes in Arabian food. Mine was a take away order. 1 soup, Kheema mutter & Prawn salt and pepper. Costed a little above 400. Overall the food was quite tasty, will surely visit again.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:05   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Visited "Punjabi Rasoi" in HSR layout last Saturday, this was a 2nd visit after a good experience the first time.

But sadly this time it was quite bad, first the place is choc-a-block with people though thats not a concern as we just had to wait 10mins for a table but the quality of food has deteorated quite a bit. Fish Tikka was quite smelly and also the fish didnt seem fresh.

Would not venture there again.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:12   #2090
BHPian

Had been to a restaurant called "Deewar" on Chandra Layout main road. It's a Mangalore styled restaurant. Food was awesome. Rates are on the higher side. Tasted:

1. Fish Tikka: Excellent
2. Kane Naked Fry:Very good
3. Paneer Tikka: Very good
4. Boiled Rice and Fish Curry: Wonderful

I would recommend this place and would definately go back :-)

The resaturant ambience is nice. They have family section, A/C section, Roof top garden to choose from.

Last edited by whitesquall : 5th March 2012 at 13:14.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:16   #2091
Senior - BHPian

Went to Medici on 100ft road on friday night.They serve Italian and French.

I wonder why I had not tried this place before. Superb stuff at not so ridiculous prices. The ambience of the place is amazing and so is the choice of music.

The calamari fritters were easily the best I've had in bangalore. It almost melted in my mouth. Normally calamari is one of the hardest things to get right - especially if you are not sitting on the coast with fresh catch. They just nailed it.

I tried a filet mignon while my wife tried linguini with meat ball. Both were fantastic. The meat was done just perfect - well done on the outside but red and juicy inside. I also tried the seafood fettucine which had quite generous portions of fish, mussels and prawns. Nice and flavorful without going overboard with spices.

The bill came to 2700 odd with two glasses of wine. I consider that to be a bargain cos the food was on par with italia/caperberry and those places would easily cost twice if not more.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 10:37   #2092
BHPian

I agree, Medici is excellent. Even the service is sweet, not the kind of uptight servers that are so common in upscale places.

Here's a reco for those who like Anglo-Indian food. Bow Barracks has just opened in Indiranagar, in the street that connects 100 Feet Road to the BDA complex. The food is awesome! A little pricey but totally worth it.
Old 6th March 2012, 15:11   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
... "Deewar" on Chandra Layout main road. ...
2. Kane Naked Fry:Very good...
Must try this place sometime.

I usually do a take-away from a small joint on Magadi Road near Toll Gate (opposite the choultry near the petrol bunks). Non-descript place with a very limited menu, but excellent rava/masala fry and Mangalore-style curries.

What is a 'Naked' Fry? Have seen this in menus in a lot of places, but couldn't figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
... for those who like Anglo-Indian food. Bow Barracks ...
Interesting. What is typical Anglo-Indian food?
Old 6th March 2012, 16:58   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
Interesting. What is typical Anglo-Indian food?
Temperado, jhalfrazie, mulligatawny, etc. It's a mishmash of flavours borrowed from Continental cuisine as well as Hindu and Muslim kitchens. If you've never had it, give it a try.
Orko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 17:33   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I had been to that place several times. But sorry to say, if you have really tasted Authentic Calcutta Rolls you will never feel like eating there. Main thing which is missing and which enhances taste to the roll is kasundi (Mustard Sauce) which they dont bother to offer.
Another place came up in Marathalli, you have to cross the bridge on Varthur road and come further towards Kundanahalli, after Spice Garden, immediately on your left (same building as Daily Bread), before the Corner House. Very decent Kolkata rolls, and Moglai parota. Since they are new (2/3 weeks?) stuffs are good, not sure if they'll be able to maintain the same quality as crowd increases. Recommended to try. Sorry, of all things, forgot the name... but you can't miss it when you're there.

Last edited by kousik : 6th March 2012 at 17:35.
Old 6th March 2012, 17:45   #2096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Must try this place sometime.
Visit this every Saturday night since it started It has become very pricey. It belongs to people who also own Park View in Vijayanagar. (brother)
Old 6th March 2012, 17:49   #2097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I usually do a take-away from a small joint on Magadi Road near Toll Gate (opposite the choultry near the petrol bunks). Non-descript place with a very limited menu, but excellent rava/masala fry and Mangalore-style curries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Visit this every Saturday night since it started It has become very pricey. It belongs to people who also own Park View in Vijayanagar. (brother)
What is the name of this place? Is this located on the service road (same road as Park View)?
Old 6th March 2012, 18:39   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
What is the name of this place? Is this located on the service road (same road as Park View)?
@srishiva was describing a joint called Deewar in Chandra Layout.

The joint I was talking of is on Magadi Road - going from Jaimuni Rao Circle towards Toll Gate, on the left, before the Toll Gate petrol bunks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
Temperado, jhalfrazie, mulligatawny, etc. It's a mishmash of flavours ...
A-ha! Thanks. I know of the dishes (e.g. Mulligatawny comes from the famous inability to pronounce the Tamil MoLagatanni), but didn't know the association with A-I cuisine.

Last edited by DerAlte : 6th March 2012 at 18:47.
Old 7th March 2012, 00:00   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
@srishiva was describing a joint called Deewar in Chandra Layout.

The joint I was talking of is on Magadi Road - going from Jaimuni Rao Circle towards Toll Gate, on the left, before the Toll Gate petrol bunks.
Thanks, I didn't check properly.

Is there a name for this place you are mentioning? My workplace is on Magadi road and would like to go there for lunch sometime
Old 7th March 2012, 10:54   #2100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is a 'Naked' Fry? Have seen this in menus in a lot of places, but couldn't figure it out.
Fish naked fry is nothing but Whole fish dipped in masala (Chilli + coriander powder+ salt+lime) but of a thinner masala paste & then fried in Oil (almost like kabab).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks