Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 12:01   #2191
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Yesterday we went for dinner at California Pizza Kitchen on Indiranagar 100 Feet road, we came out of the outlet in about 2 hours completely dissatisfied with the food. Overall food was just ok, and not very tasty, we had Garlic Bread, Pasta, and Thin Pizza's, all vegetarian. My daughter commented about Pasta hardly having any white sauce.

Comparatively the Little Italy and Italia down the road are much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Don't go to CPK if you are a vegetarian - not worth it. However their non veg stuff is heavenly. Atleast the one in phoenix mall has quickly become one of my favorites. Its not even close to italian - their best selling stuff is a mix of italian and tex mex.
Surprising indeed.

I'd been to CKP in Indiranagar a few days back and found it pretty good. Undoubtedly one of the best pizzas I've had anywhere in India. The vegans have a wide variety to choose from.

Toit comes seriously close to making pizzas that are just as good.
Old 8th May 2012, 12:06   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Surprising indeed.

I'd been to CKP in Indiranagar a few days back and found it pretty good. Undoubtedly one of the best pizzas I've had anywhere in India. The vegans have a wide variety to choose from.

Toit comes seriously close to making pizzas that are just as good.
We had been to CKP in Phoenix Market City in Mahadevapura and enjoyed it to the core!! That was the first time. . .may be they are not consistant?? I will confirm after visiting it one more time . And yes, the veggy fare is good.

Last edited by whitesquall : 8th May 2012 at 12:08.
Old 8th May 2012, 12:26   #2193
BHPian

Xtreme Sports Bar - Kalyan Nagar

Location: snap fitness > KFC signal > take left > straight > pass barista > on RHS (Top floor)

Still under-construction.
Top floor is non-ac but offers a good view via long panoramic windows. Has a separate dance floor.
The floor beneath is still under construction.
Fish fingers were ok
Fish fingers with beverage = Rs. 700
Cars to be parked on the road.

Note from Team-Bhp Support: Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving and any mention of alcohol. Hence posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) are not allowed. Thank you for your cooperation

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th May 2012 at 12:59. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 8th May 2012, 13:03   #2194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
We had been to CKP in Phoenix Market City in Mahadevapura and enjoyed it to the core!! That was the first time. . .may be they are not consistant?? I will confirm after visiting it one more time . And yes, the veggy fare is good.
I've been to both CPKs. The one in Phoenix Market City and the one on 100ft Road Indiranagar.

While the one in Market City exudes a certain charm and gives you the feel of it being a proper Pizzeria, the one in Indiranagar is made to feel like a Diner that overcharges. The food is still great though. The quantity seems to be on the lower side, especially the side orders and appetizers.

The food gets cold fast though and that's probably because of the AC in the place. If you're ordering something, i'd recommend you go one dish at a time, to prevent it from getting cold. I hate cold food, unless it's Subway.
Old 8th May 2012, 13:15   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
If you're ordering something, i'd recommend you go one dish at a time, to prevent it from getting cold. I hate cold food, unless it's Subway.
The 'Salads' do qualify!! The grilled veggie salad was awsome!
Old 8th May 2012, 13:35   #2196
BHPian

Been to CPK at Phoenix MarketCity.

Their thin crust pizzas are awesome....

However, one of the appetizers we ordered was some chicken supreme. Though ok, I thought it wasn't fresh made.
It was typical junk frozen food, that was thawed, deep fried & served.
Did ask the manager too, his answer wasn't clear enough.

For the money they charge, I'd like to be served fresh made food. not junk.

cheers
lazy
Old 8th May 2012, 14:09   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Well, to be honest, barring a few dishes (Dakbangla being one), I didn't find their offerings much to my liking. Most of their fish preparations are pretty average stuff. They do make a heavenly mango flavoured mishti doi though!
Have you tried their 'Dab-Chingri'.
Have a go.

About BM in JP Nagar, haven't heard good feedback from an acquaintance.

For Kerala Cuisine, try out Coast-II (two)-Coast... very near to BM in Koramangala. Our fav combo is Appam/Neer Dosa with Chicken/Prawn Ghee roast. My 10 yr. old sonny will do whatever I want if he is promised a visit to C2C.

Last edited by animdas : 8th May 2012 at 14:22.
Old 8th May 2012, 14:17   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow that's surprising. CPK was the only place I could go to for decent veg food when I was in the US.

Any reason why you say it's not worth it for veg? Is the menu different from the US menu?
I'm just echoing the opinion of some vegan friends from my office. They said it wasn't worth it. I've never sampled their vegetarian stuff so can't comment.

As far as I'm concerned, I simply love the place - especially their barbeque chicken and meat lovers pizzas and their tex mex style pastas.

The menu is the same as their US menu.
Old 8th May 2012, 15:43   #2199
Senior - BHPian

@suhaas, @Vid6639,

We first had Pasta (White sauce one) at CPK Indiranagar and usually this pasta flows with white sauce and cream (or cheese) all over. The one that came hardly had any sauce in it. It was completely dry. My daughter did not like it that way and complained that there is no white sauce. She barely managed to eat some of it (Which i am sure did not fill her tummy). When then proceeded to Garlic breads and Pizza. Both were so-so and as usual my daughter had a few bites of Garlic bread.

You can understand the frustration after having dinner outside and come back home (ready to hit bed) when the kid asks something to be cooked as she was still hungry , hence the rant.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:36   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animdas View Post
Have you tried their 'Dab-Chingri'.
Have a go.

About BM in JP Nagar, haven't heard good feedback from an acquaintance.

For Kerala Cuisine, try out Coast-II (two)-Coast... very near to BM in Koramangala. Our fav combo is Appam/Neer Dosa with Chicken/Prawn Ghee roast. My 10 yr. old sonny will do whatever I want if he is promised a visit to C2C.
Coast to Coast is Mangalorean food, definitely not keralite even the Dishes which you have mentioned "Chicken/Prawn Ghee Roast", "Neer Dosa" is a Kundapur/Mangalore specialty, "Appam" is only used synonymously to the traditional name.
I would know this as a shetty .

Though great to know your son is developing a taste for it. Do take him to "Shetty Lunch Home" sometime near Kundapur, the best ghee roast ever !!! At least a few years back that was the case.
Old 9th May 2012, 14:57   #2201
Senior - BHPian

Had lunch today at Enté Keralam (Ulsoor Road) - Alleppey Meen Curry and appams. Not the original stuff by a long shot, but quite good nevertheless. Nice ambience

Quote:
... For Kerala Cuisine, try out Coast-II (two)-Coast... very near to BM in Koramangala. Our fav combo is Appam/Neer Dosa with Chicken/Prawn Ghee roast. ...
Oy, that is not Kerala stuff, definitely not the Neer Dosa and the Ghee Roast. That is Mangy / Coondapore stuff. Of course, elements in various dishes along the coast from Goa to Kerala share similarities.
Old 10th May 2012, 08:53   #2202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vshetty View Post
Coast to Coast is Mangalorean food, .......
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Oy, that is not Kerala stuff, definitely not the Neer Dosa and the Ghee Roast. That is Mangy / Coondapore stuff.....
Oops- oh, ok alright. silly me.
But, the food is awesome and very pocket friendly- and that's most important!

Kundapur? Hmmm... let me TBHP & Google.

By the way, there is a Keralite (hope so) restaurant in Maruthinagar- behind the erstwhile Airtel building on Hosur Road. Have anyone tried that?
Old 10th May 2012, 10:09   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... By the way, there is a Keralite (hope so) restaurant in Maruthinagar- behind the erstwhile Airtel building on Hosur Road. Have anyone tried that?
Do you mean Kairali near Christ College? I have a feeling you are describing a different one.

Kairali is one authentic Kerala restaurant - so authentic it assumes that everyone entering their portals is a Malayalee. So much so that the first time I went there, I felt *really* out of place and at a loss for words - didn't know what to order !!! The food is indubitably delicious. The environment, well, one can always regress to it.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:17   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Do you mean Kairali near Christ College? ...
No- it's in Maruthinagar (as I told, behind the erstwhile Airtel Building in Madivala)- it is an 'open' restaurant- with no walls whatsoever

One approach is from Hosur Road- where the present underpass ends towards Madivala checkpost. You'd see no. of cars (not cabbies- they take the previous left turn) entering.

I usually take this route to avoid Silk Board when I am travelling to BG Road from Old Airport Road/ I'nagar.
Old 10th May 2012, 10:23   #2205
Team-BHP Support

Anyone who has tried out 'Punjabi by Nature'? It is located opposite Forum mall, Koramangala next to Man-U sports bar, and supposedly has good reviews. How is the taste and quality of service?

Most Viewed