Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2012, 12:40   #2416
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys , I know this thread is teeming with recommendations for non veg . But is there any recommendation for a good veg restaurant which serves bud tickling food in Indian cuisine. Pure veg restaurant is preferred. But not mandatory.
Old 12th November 2012, 12:44   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Guys , I know this thread is teeming with recommendations for non veg . But is there any recommendation for a good veg restaurant which serves bud tickling food in Indian cuisine. Pure veg restaurant is preferred. But not mandatory.
There are tons of them discussed in here.What area and what type of food would help people in here to give you some kind of suggestions,else the query is too vague.
Old 12th November 2012, 12:50   #2418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1

There are tons of them discussed in here.What area and what type of food would help people in here to give you some kind of suggestions,else the query is too vague.
Any area is fine . Preferable north Indian cuisine. Well I went through the last ten pages but could not find any good recommendations , so asked.
Old 12th November 2012, 12:59   #2419
BHPian

1947 (Jayanagar, Rajarajeshwari Nagar, BSK 3rd Stage, Rajajinagar)
Rajadhani (UB City, Orion Mall, Jayanagar Central)
Village (Jayanagar Central)

These are some of the good veg only places.
Old 12th November 2012, 14:28   #2420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Where in bangalore can i try out Madurai / Dindigul biriyani? I believe this variety is also called Thalappakatti biriyani.
Sri Velu Biryani Hotel is the way to go when it comes to Dindigul Biryani, this pace is located at Tamil Sangam road, near Ulsoor.

Contact 9150341301/9150341303 for directions.

Waseem

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 12th November 2012 at 14:30.
Old 12th November 2012, 14:41   #2421
Senior - BHPian

Village (Jayanagar) chefs have their own interpretation of North Indian and Chinese veg.

Try Higher Taste inside ISKCON temple in Rajajinagar.
Old 12th November 2012, 17:10   #2422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any area is fine . Preferable north Indian cuisine. Well I went through the last ten pages but could not find any good recommendations , so asked.
The pure veg kitchens are becoming a thing of the past and more so in the case of Indian cuisines.With a little bit of Gujarati and Rajasthani thrown in-Rajdhani is excellent.For all the so called "multi cuisines" all the "sagars" are more or less ok.

The ISKCON http://www.iskconhighertaste.com/ is a good place to try.Aangan at Koramangala is good (but they do serve non veg as well)

Tawa at Koramangala 1st block near Wipro (total budget place)

Gramin,Koramangala-Raheja Arcade ,
Old 12th November 2012, 21:13   #2423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1

The pure veg kitchens are becoming a thing of the past and more so in the case of Indian cuisines.With a little bit of Gujarati and Rajasthani thrown in-Rajdhani is excellent.For all the so called "multi cuisines" all the "sagars" are more or less ok.

The ISKCON http://www.iskconhighertaste.com/ is a good place to try.Aangan at Koramangala is good (but they do serve non veg as well)

Tawa at Koramangala 1st block near Wipro (total budget place)

Gramin,Koramangala-Raheja Arcade ,
I am not bent upon only veg restaurants. Veg is preferred. But mixed fare which has good veg choices to choose from is also fine . The problem I have is few of the mixed restaurants which are highly recommended fare poorly when it comes to veg food. I have returned disappointed from such recommended restaurants since i am a veggie.

Thanks for the recommendations though. If you have some more which which you think meet my requirements then please let me know.
Old 12th November 2012, 23:40   #2424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte
Village (Jayanagar) chefs have their own interpretation of North Indian and Chinese veg.

Try Higher Taste inside ISKCON temple in Rajajinagar.
Had been to higher taste last week. The buffet was ok ok. Acceptable since they don't use two main ingredients to make the food taste yummy. The main course was insipid whereas the starters were good.

May be la carte could be better. Dunno.

If the village chefs have wrong interpretation then I better stay away from them !!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 12th November 2012 at 23:41.
Old 13th November 2012, 11:53   #2425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... since they don't use two main ingredients to make the food taste yummy. ...
May be la carte could be better. ...
Open your mind, otherwise you will not find novelty in any new place! Try veg sushi / dimsums at Shiro, or veg Japanese at Harima - and you will learn to detect subtle flavors. Detecting and enjoying subtle flavors is essential to appreciating well-made food. Well made food should present a feeling of delicate shade variation in water color paintings, not that of garish-paint-slopped-on-a-canvas like modern art.

Yes, try a-la-carte the next time. Eating a limited set of dishes is less confusing on the palate than a buffet. I tried Vazhapoo-something-something (), similar to sambar with balekai-hoovu (banana flowers) and drumsticks, with rice. Amazing flavors and aroma! So was Dum Aloo with Posto (khus-khus, gas-gase or poppy seeds; used as thickener in gravy).

Last edited by DerAlte : 13th November 2012 at 11:55.
Old 13th November 2012, 13:01   #2426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Open your mind, otherwise you will not find novelty in any new place! Try veg sushi / dimsums at Shiro, or veg Japanese at Harima - and you will learn to detect subtle flavors. Detecting and enjoying subtle flavors is essential to appreciating well-made food. Well made food should present a feeling of delicate shade variation in water color paintings, not that of garish-paint-slopped-on-a-canvas like modern art.

Yes, try a-la-carte the next time. Eating a limited set of dishes is less confusing on the palate than a buffet. I tried Vazhapoo-something-something (), similar to sambar with balekai-hoovu (banana flowers) and drumsticks, with rice. Amazing flavors and aroma! So was Dum Aloo with Posto (khus-khus, gas-gase or poppy seeds; used as thickener in gravy).

Thanks, will try out the places mentioned . Yes as you said detecting subtle flavours is key to enjoying the food! I usually do it. But dunno, the buffet felt really plain jane except for the starters and desserts. The tandoori paneer was really good with a slight barbecued taste! But the main course was very plain is what i felt!

Will try your suggestions sometime soon!
Old 15th November 2012, 13:18   #2427
BHPian

Back from Hyd trip for Diwali and I am already missing the food. Anyone know of places in Bangalore (preferably south near Koramangala, HSR, or even far as Whitefield) that serve spicy Andhra/Rayalaseema non-veg food? I am thinking of food in Hyd from places like (Abhiruchi, Southern Mirchi, Spice Venue, RR, Kritunga etc).
Old 16th November 2012, 10:01   #2428
BHPian

Any restaurant in Bangalore where we can carry our own food (like, home dabba) and also order if any extra food needed from that restaurant itself?
Old 16th November 2012, 14:40   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishul View Post
Back from Hyd trip for Diwali and I am already missing the food. Anyone know of places in Bangalore (preferably south near Koramangala, HSR, or even far as Whitefield) that serve spicy Andhra/Rayalaseema non-veg food? I am thinking of food in Hyd from places like (Abhiruchi, Southern Mirchi, Spice Venue, RR, Kritunga etc).
There is RR itself on Church Street. Other well known Andhra restaraunts are - Bheema's (MG Road), Maharaja (Koramangala), Nagarjuna (many branches).
Old 16th November 2012, 17:05   #2430
BHPian

Looking for a good north indian dabba service - any recommendations ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks