Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:30   #2476
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Actually though I went i with the thought that it would be very close to BBQ nation, in reality I felt it was somewhat different. Though the basic premise remains the same (stuff yourself on fabulous starters and the main course playing second fiddle), the overall feeling is that is VFM. I also believe BBQ Nation is quite a bit more pricey. Either ways, both are good, but for a change of palate, Barbeque Factory is a great bet. It is still relatively lesser known (as compared to BBQ Nation) and possibly for that reason the quality of starters are still very good. Do hope it remains that way. If you decide to go there, please make sure you have a killer appetite- perhaps do a few push ups and sit ups prior to dinner to put a keen edge on that appetite
I think BBQ Nation is better avoided.
They have nothing exciting to offer in terms of starters except the usual badly cooked and oily Kababs (compared with BBQ Nation). Recently I (mis)ventured into it after i missed my reservation at BBQ Nation.
Place is at a very uptown place with great interiors. They may be 100 bucks cheaper in terms of price but service and freshness of dishes is really disappointing. The trademark "Shikampuri Kabab" was also a big let down.
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:34   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Hi Arindam,

Thank you for the detailed experience narration, makes me want to visit them soon.

I have a question for you - Do they have prawns on the starter menu? Whenever i visit BBQ nation, I go there with the singular objective of getting Prawns on the endangered species list and relish on them. If BBQ Factory has them, may be it would help my cause . Please let me know.

Once again, thank you!

Best,
Azeem
Azeem, Have you visited Oyster Bay ? They have an amazing Buffet lunch. ( havent tried dinner). You can add prawns by paying Rs 100 additional to this. And the prawns all of a sudden doesnt seem close to extinction after all . Its an impressive menu, and prawns do stand out.

A must try if you are a seafood freak like me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
The difference is in the cuisines more than the dishes. Mangalore Pearl serves Catholic style food, and Coast to Coast serves But style food. The latter cuisine requires all the spices to be roasted well (including red chillis), which brings the best flavour out of the spices. If I am not wrong, Mangalore Pearl adds vinegar.

I love the chicken ghee roast at Coast to Coast, and they even used to serve prawn ghee roast to me, which was not in the menu back then. Is it on the menu now?

But I always had problems the following day, so I stopped going there.
Should be the case about the cuisines.

Prawns ghee roast is still very much part of the menu. Extremely over priced, but then its yummy.

As long as taste buds rule over your wallet, its worth it
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:46   #2478
BHPian

Went to Oye Amritsar lunch buffet yesterday. I heard a lot about their tasty punjabi food

http://bangalore.burrp.com/listing/o...nts/1273169782

They had 2 Veg/Non Veg starters with 2 Veg/Non veg main dishes along with roti and rice. One more they have live counter of pani poori (taste was just OK)

Food was just average.
There were more bones in Non Veg food and matar paneer dish was a disaster. Looks like they had boiled peas separately and put in common gravy along with raw paneer.
Only best thing was hot gulab jamun
Cost 320 per ahead after negotiating (30 pax)
My new year started with this but 2012 ending was good with yummy hyd food wow
Old 3rd January 2013, 12:49   #2479
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Please suggest few good joints to have Andhra delicacies like mutton fry & chicken fry here in Bangalore.

I stay in Benson town.
Old 3rd January 2013, 14:32   #2480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
My new year started with this but 2012 ending was good with yummy hyd food wow
Should i read Hyd here as Hyderabad.?

If so, please let me know the name of the restaurant.
Old 3rd January 2013, 17:08   #2481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
I think BBQ Nation is better avoided.
They have nothing exciting to offer in terms of starters except the usual badly cooked and oily Kababs (compared with BBQ Nation). Recently I (mis)ventured into it after i missed my reservation at BBQ Nation.
Place is at a very uptown place with great interiors. They may be 100 bucks cheaper in terms of price but service and freshness of dishes is really disappointing. The trademark "Shikampuri Kabab" was also a big let down.
I had a completely different experience. The food was fresh and awesome, and the Shikhampuri kababs were divine. Succulent and well made. I could have been lucky on that day, or you could have been unlucky on your day. Who knows. I enjoyed the food thoroughly though.
Old 3rd January 2013, 18:10   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
. The trademark "Shikampuri Kabab" was also a big let down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
and the Shikhampuri kababs were divine. .
Hold on for a while, and I shall provide you with a totally unbiased opinion
Old 3rd January 2013, 19:17   #2483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Guys,

Please suggest few good joints to have Andhra delicacies like mutton fry & chicken fry here in Bangalore.

I stay in Benson town.

Eden Park. Shivaji Nagar. Go via Infantry Road--> Hindu office.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:12   #2484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
So did you get a chance to visit this place? Pls share your experiences.
No, the day is still yet to come.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been to Senses @ Koramangala for dinner last evening (Silverwood+5).

We had bought 7 coupons from Groupon India and each coupon costs Rs 200.Each coupon entitles you to buy one sizzler and we ordered.

1 Paneer Sizzler
2,Veg Spinach Sizzler
3,Chicken sizzler with pepper sauce (5 No's)

Each Sizzler is accompanied with Finger chips,Veggies, a bowl of Rice and Soft drink.

I had Chicken sizzler with pepper sauce and i loved it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last week i got Chicken 65 parceled from Nandini Restaurant @ Coles road.

The taste was horrible Can you imagine eating Chicken 65 which tastes SWEET.? How can a Andhra Specialty Restaurant screw up something as basic as Chicken 65.?

Any Chinese Bandi in Hyderabad serves better Chicken 65 than this eatery for sure.

Damages:Rs 150.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 8th January 2013 at 13:16.
Old 11th January 2013, 18:37   #2485
BHPian

Guys any quick suggestion for a good restaurant for 8 in Indira Nagar with good ambiance (Something like BBQ nation ? - How good is it?)
Old 11th January 2013, 20:56   #2486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Guys any quick suggestion for a good restaurant for 8 in Indira Nagar with good ambiance (Something like BBQ nation ? - How good is it?)
BBQ nation is quite good both in ambience as well as food. Italia, High note, Medici are good too. Copper chimney feels crowded. romali with a view, not sure if they are open I didn't like their food much though the ambience was good.
Old 11th January 2013, 21:30   #2487
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Eden Park. Shivaji Nagar. Go via Infantry Road--> Hindu office.
Good place, definetly recommended ! The food is really nice and atmosphere is peaceful ! Mutton dishes were quite good

Went to Portland Steak House on Brunton road last weekend, ambience is tasteful and peaceful. Had a beef steak which was in cubes, (forgot the name) meat was done perfectly, also had a fish & chips which was the Basa catfish. Excellent, top marks for everything !

What i liked most is that the owner goes around to each table personally to enquire about the ordering, the food etc ! Apparently hes related to the person who manages The Only Place off Church Street.

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 11th January 2013 at 21:37.
Old 12th January 2013, 17:59   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Went to Shivaji Military Hotel today. Alas, was too late (courtesy horrible traffic) - no biryani at 1430!!! :( I have decided to go there some day for breakfast - with mutton biryani. They start serving at 0800 :O
Old 1st February 2013, 14:30   #2489
BHPian

Fellow BHP-ians, though i have have visited other countries with my wife, we have not crossed the state TN within India. As a first step, i am planning to surprise my wifey, with a surprise trip to bangalore on her birthday, for 3 days(Saturday,Sunday and Monday). I might be traveling along with my 2 year old kid. I need suggestions on the places not to be missed and also suggestions on the eating out places.
I have booked for Dinner in 13th Floor on Sunday night, i hope that is a good place.
Suggestions welcome
Old 1st February 2013, 23:35   #2490
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Went to Shivaji Military Hotel today. Alas, was too late (courtesy horrible traffic) - no biryani at 1430!!! :( I have decided to go there some day for breakfast - with mutton biryani. They start serving at 0800 :O
Ping me when you want to go. I'd like to tag along. Biryani in Bangalore has always disappointed me. Let's see if Shivaji Military Hotel holds promise.

Most Viewed