Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 11:02   #91
Team-BHP Support

I agree with 'Nandhini'/'Nandini' for Andhra style food. I'm really so addicted to the spicy food there thanks to spending 3 years in Hyderabad.

Surprising not many mentioned anything about Biriyani on this thread.
I feel 'Hyderabadi Biriyani' on Airport road is among the best for the same. They also have an outlet somewhere near MG Road. I feel the Family Pack option for takeaways is really worth it.

I guess i am quite addicted to Andhra style food.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:03   #92
Team-BHP Support

Windsor Pub - palace road - food is amazing booze is good and cheap

Veena stores - idly vada and khara bhath are to die for - margosa road

Vidyarthi bhavan - gandhi bazaar - amazing dosa and khara bhath topped with coffee

Indianas - junction of brigade and residency - burgers with the yummy home made mayonnaise.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:06   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Brahmin's Coffee Bar, opp Shankarpuram police station. Melting idlies, kharabath and filter coffee
Old 25th May 2007, 11:22   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit View Post
Hey Hatari, even me going to Blore....but a week later than you. Will be there for a couple of days. So the infos you are getting here, am too noting them down.

Hello B'loreans.... where do you get Kannada food ? And what are the specialty dishes which cannot be missed?
(You get pizzas/biriyanis..maybe slight diffnt/kebabs every where). I love food and would not want to miss out on your local favourites.

Pls advise.
Arijit, Bangalore is very poor in serving local delicacies, I found them more tasty in Kamat Lokaruchi about 60km from Bangalore... here it is more of a cosmopolitan culture...

I only one that serves the best of the local kannadiga dishes are MTR and that is awesome....

Abhi

BTW: 2 best places for bengali food in blr are : 36, Chowranghee Lane & 6 Ballygunge place.....
Old 25th May 2007, 11:27   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Damn right, that combination is already giving me jitters!!!

Well neither have I!!! Where the hell do you get this stuff in Noida Tanveer?
Most places. The Aloo paranthas are free from Aloo's and the butter chicken is without butter. Kanjoosi of the first order.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:28   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I agree with 'Nandhini'/'Nandini' for Andhra style food. I'm really so addicted to the spicy food there thanks to spending 3 years in Hyderabad.

Surprising not many mentioned anything about Biriyani on this thread.
I feel 'Hyderabadi Biriyani' on Airport road is among the best for the same. They also have an outlet somewhere near MG Road. I feel the Family Pack option for takeaways is really worth it.

I guess i am quite addicted to Andhra style food.
Me too, remembering those bachelorhood days when my office used to be in Koramangala....we used to hog the Andhra meal at Godavari (in 5th block opp to New Shanti Sagar)...that was truely yummy....

benny, where is this hyderabadi biriyani on airport road, sorry for ignorance, only place where i had any food on Airport road is Indijoe...
Pls PM me with phone number and location of the stuff? Will try it out this weekend...

Abhi
Old 25th May 2007, 11:29   #97
Team-BHP Support

Did you check out the Udupi resturant opposite that seedy theater on Airport road, just before the WT road signal while coming from airport? Good Udupi cuisine.

However my question is unanswered. Whats the food place on first floor just before the Cafe coffee day on Lavelle road. Its on the first floor and even has a balcony. Its very near to the JBL dealer.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:29   #98
Senior - BHPian

Have you noticed the quality of Chicken has gone down drastically over the few years. Specially the Tandoori Chicken. Even in the best of hotels, i have found it to be kind of rubbery.. anyone sharing same experience?
Old 25th May 2007, 11:32   #99
Team-BHP Support

Another thing.
Two eatries I recommend whole heartedly. first one is by a software guy who felt food is better than code

One is Thai/chinese : Its called Shiok and is on airport road.
You can read the owners blog here : MadMan's BitchBlog

The Other place is a Biryani place. The Biryani Merchant. Its a sitting buffet. The Biryani Merchant
Go play
Old 25th May 2007, 11:39   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Abhi,

Kamat Group hotels are everywhere in BLR - Gandhinagar, Bull Temple Road, RV Road etc. Our family keeps meeting up at Kamat BugleRock (Bull Temple Road) for the jolada rotti oota. The also serve traditional Mysooru-style oota at their 1st floor. This is different Karnataka cuisine@ different floors is a common theme across all the Kamats

MTR- Lalbagh Rd, is again the beacon of traditional Kannada cuisine as you mentioned. They also have a branch (the only one) at Bashyam Circle, Rajajinagar where the same cuisine is served albeit with a fast-service theme

Krishna Bhavan, Sampige Rd.

Indraprastha, Vijaynagar

These are the other traditional Karnataka cuisine hotels that imemdiately come to mind.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:41   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
However my question is unanswered. Whats the food place on first floor just before the Cafe coffee day on Lavelle road. Its on the first floor and even has a balcony. Its very near to the JBL dealer.

Shezan, Also there is a branch on cunningham road. very good non veg and even the veg isnt too bad.

Tsk, biryani merchant is no more.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th May 2007 at 11:42.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:42   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
benny, where is this hyderabadi biriyani on airport road, sorry for ignorance, only place where i had any food on Airport road is Indijoe...
Pls PM me with phone number and location of the stuff? Will try it out this weekend...

Abhi
Abhi, this place is really easy to locate. Just beside Kemp Fort, there is a Domino's outlet. This is on the first floor of the same building.

Sadly, this place doesnt accept debit cards as per my experience. Better once proceeds with cash in hand.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:46   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Shezan, Also there is a branch on cunningham road. very good non veg and even the veg isnt too bad.

Tsk, biryani merchant is no more.
thats sad. But Shiok is still there right.
Bestest chinese/Thai food in Bangalore
Old 25th May 2007, 11:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Casa Picola in jaynagar is also good..!!nice food + u get beer too
Old 25th May 2007, 11:53   #105
BHPian

For all the "To Go" foodies there is Namura Hotels / Caterers (a.k.a. Right Caterers) who have their outlet in J P Nagar 2nd Phase (Behind Monday to Sunday, 24th Main). They retail food by the weight, pretty reasonable, excellent for parties, wonderfully clean and hygenic. I see all the bachelors from the surrounding areas picking food from here. Even the so-called PG accomodation runners get the food from here.

You need to get your own vessels / casseroles for the food as they do not offer any packaging.

It serves ONLY vegetarian food (so ..... a dissappointment for all ye carnivores !!).

Most Viewed