Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore.html)

will be in banglore for a few days with a couple of friends during the 21st weekend
i havent been there before..

any places i must go to ? heard a fair bit about the pubs there

pubs, discos, loungue bar, chamia bar.. u name it we have it :) get a bangalore guide from a book store and enjoooooooyyyyy...

F Bar, Insomnia - Le Meridian
Pubs around MG Road
SPINN residency road
Club X Airport RD
TGIF, Geoffrey again Airport Road
Zero G are couple of names that comes to mind
Ofcource check out the go kart tracks also ;)

PURPLE HAZE!!!!! Damn I loved that place. Only any good if you like Rock music. Damn I miss that place. Going to have to make a second trip sooner than I thought.

Pick up a small handy guide call 'CitiInfo'. You'll get most of your ans.

Happy pubbing and roaming.

Pubs:
Styx, MG Road(Really Heavy Music(and i mean the heaviest of em all) lovers go here....)
F Bar, Insomnia - Le Meridian(The freakin rich kids go here)
Purple Haze, Residency Road(U r gonna love this place)
Spinn, Residency Road(If u have a girl)

Urban Edge(was a good pub) has given way to Arabian Nights(Dont think you want to be there)..

If into IceCreams: Go to Corner House, Residency Road...(Have outlets elsewhere too)
Movies: PVR at Forum, Hosur Road...
Want to see the most beautiful people in town, then go to: Forum, Bangalore Central and Brigade Road..
Would most probably cover the whole crowd..hehehee.......

Have a blast dude.....
_ChéèrS_

Pubs.. you have to go to Pecos. Just off Brigade road.

whoa ! now i'm thinking i shud spend more time there !
def. want to check out the go kart track.. i have to.. at each city i go to !
really loved the MRF track at pune.. went when it had just opened.. so LOTS of grip on-track..

actually i'm looking forward to eating KFC/Mac burgers..
dont get either in cal ! :)

for better biryani than hyd:biryani merchant,
lounge bar/restaurant:13th floor and once upon a time
bangi guys,please point out the location as i forgot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatari

Don't think you're missing much.
Let me know when are you coming cause that shop is very close to my office.
But don't pull me inside ;)

cosmo village (they have four levels with diff themes, really nice, the place is a bit tiny), taika, i-bar, spinn, tavern (if you like good rock music, both new and old, not heavy though)....and pecos, its the most charming little hippy pup we have in bangalore (very basic though)...and for food try empire(full of kebabs, very different from the north indian stuff)
the fast food places are very sucky..exept maybe subway...very good stuff there.
hehehe i guess you can really tell your age by the places you visit...cant handle purple haze and heavy metal any more!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen

Pull him into Tai-ka - highly recommended

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatari

Yup. You are not missing anything. Not sure about Mac. But KFC. A Big NO. One at CMH road is okie... never even enter the one at brigade road. Also there is one Subway in brigade road. Dont go to these places if u want good food.

One i can suggest is "Malgudi" in outer ring road off marathalli junction. You get kerala,karnataka, TN and AP foods there. You may want to try them coming from calcutta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
Pull him into Tai-ka - highly recommended

where is it ajmat?
what kinda food?

Hey Hatari, even me going to Blore....but a week later than you. Will be there for a couple of days. So the infos you are getting here, am too noting them down.

Hello B'loreans.... where do you get Kannada food ? And what are the specialty dishes which cannot be missed?
(You get pizzas/biriyanis..maybe slight diffnt/kebabs every where). I love food and would not want to miss out on your local favourites.

Pls advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anoops
the fast food places are very sucky..exept maybe subway...very good stuff there.

What, I went to the one in mota arcade.. Man, its a waste of money.. If you are looking for food to fill your tummy(lunch), dont go there..

Kabab- 'Fanoos' opposite fatima is also good... Its quite an old one.. When was in school, I used to go there to see the guy toss the rumali roti he makes for the rolls..
The jumbo sheek kabab is ultimate(If a non-veggie).....

Mac, dint like the place for the food.. Just the crowd(some pretty chicks)..