Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 21:27   #31
BHPian

All T-BHPians, please post as WORKED even if it didn't work......coz' otherwise people might think your head is not working.

-- Torqy
Old 13th February 2008, 21:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
All T-BHPians, please post as WORKED even if it didn't work......coz' otherwise people might think your head is not working.

-- Torqy
Ok. now as it works, can someone point to some link indicating why it works ?
Old 13th February 2008, 21:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post

-- Torqy
Nice one there
Though i am still to try this... but you know the answer ryt??
Old 13th February 2008, 21:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Talking about lost cars, someone my dad works with went on holiday. They parked their car near the hotel in a side street. All was going well till they got drunk one night. Next day they could not find the car. They phoned the police and reported it as stolen. Several weeks passed and the police phoned them to tell them there car was parked in a side street near the hotel. The muppets had forgot where they had parked their car and reported it as stolen.

Old 13th February 2008, 21:55   #35
LLL
BHPian

This is Great. It worked.

This is what i did...i placed the remote slightly above my head and pointed it down. Seems my head collected the signals and then beamed them out...somthing like a satellite-receiver operation.

I tried 2 more experiments. If u use someone with a smaller head like a child, the range is more as signals are collected in a smaller area and signals become concentrated & powerfull. If you use a large headed man, signals become diluted and hence range is less.

This is really cutting edge science...i am feeling like a newton or einstein today...
Old 13th February 2008, 22:01   #36
BHPian

One question : Would a 'bald' head improve transmitting range ??

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Lucky ( ??? ) friend ! How many wives does he have?
you are not married - are you ??
Just kidding !
Old 13th February 2008, 22:07   #37
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
One question : Would a 'bald' head improve transmitting range ??

:

you are not married - are you ??
Just kidding !
Excellent question indeed. Let me find someone with a bald head and report the findings to the forum.

That gives me another question - will different hair color make an impact on signal strength? We all know black is a good conductor, so i am theorizing people with black hair with a smaller head will be able to find their car from a larger distance.
Old 14th February 2008, 00:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Excellent question indeed. Let me find someone with a bald head and report the findings to the forum.

That gives me another question - will different hair color make an impact on signal strength? We all know black is a good conductor, so i am theorizing people with black hair with a smaller head will be able to find their car from a larger distance.
With such excellent questions being asked let me ask one more.Will the kind of parting make a difference?say side parking main more range and center parting main less range kinda theory?
PS: jus kiddin..!!
Old 14th February 2008, 00:25   #39
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
With such excellent questions being asked let me ask one more.Will the kind of parting make a difference?say side parking main more range and center parting main less range kinda theory?
PS: jus kiddin..!!
Excellent observation. I am sure it will make a difference. More pleats or partings mean more direct visibility to scalp. Hence signal will reach head with lesser resistance. SO it will be more powerfull (signal, not the head).

Its good to see some really intelligent questions being asked in these forums.

Last edited by LLL : 14th February 2008 at 00:26.
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:06   #40
BHPian

Double central locking Range !

hi there, was browsing through youtube, when i stumbled across this video from beloved Top Gear.

This actually shows using your head as an amplifier to increase the range of the remote. Anyone got any idea how it works?? Logical guesses are also welcome !
cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks