Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 21:29   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
HR people of CTS is absolutely right. Like CTS, any branded and large companies do not consider your existing salary if you are in that organization for less than 6 months minimum and in some cases 1 year.

Just ask yourself, how can you expect a salary of Rs.18 Lakhs ( 2 Lakhs hike) over existing compensation after spending only 1 month in current organization? Its just beyond any reasonable logic.

Speaking from personal experience where i give authorization to hire people to my teams and Without offending you or your brother some companies withdraw offers if they find candidates taking this route as there is no guarantee they will stick around for a long time even after meeting their expectations.

The best he can do is ask Wipro to match his existing compensation.

Finally to answer your query of salary range, thats right most large organizations offer between 12L-16L maximum for a architect position even if some of them have experience of 10-12 years. Exceptions are made only in very rare cases.
Hey thanks for that info.
My brother just changed his job after staying 9+ years of exp in his previous company. So i do not think HR will doubt about his loyalty. Yeah if that 12-16L is the standard salary, i guess nothing can be done.
Thanks again for that valuable information.
Old 15th May 2010, 00:01   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Finally to answer your query of salary range, thats right most large organizations offer between 12L-16L maximum for a architect position even if some of them have experience of 10-12 years. Exceptions are made only in very rare cases.

Is this so? So who will get more a 12 year architect or a 12 year Project Manager , may be technical manager?
As per my understanding architect position should fetch you more & definitely more than 16 . I am talking about Bangalore scenario , Don't know about other city's.
Old 21st May 2010, 00:53   #168
BHPian

Quote:
I am into Sales and I use my hiring sign-offs for my customer projects and last few months went through hell due to this very situation.

All this is because of markets opening up and plenty of jobs available to choose from and there are several challenges to get good people onboard with salary expectations being one of the biggest challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Is this so? So who will get more a 12 year architect or a 12 year Project Manager , may be technical manager?
As per my understanding architect position should fetch you more & definitely more than 16 . I am talking about Bangalore scenario , Don't know about other city's.
try to 'excel', 'success' aapne aap aa jayega... does not matter if you are an architect and/or PM, if you are excelling in your field you will be recognised (other parameters remaining constant)
Old 21st May 2010, 09:04   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After a point, such questions don't have easy answers. How much should a 20 year architect/manager should get, how much should a 25 year achitect/manager should get? Can anyone answer that? Nope!

It all depends on how badly the company needs that person. And HR should be able to understand the instead of putting forward their usual salary matrix which won't address the problem. I know about a case where a very senior person of a top Indian company badly wanted a very key person (23+ year exp scientist) to join, a person who can open up new revenue avenues for the company. The HR scuttled the deal by offering very low salary and worst, a silly lowly title. The company must have lost 1000 times in future revenues thanks to that little HR caper.

Last edited by Samurai : 21st May 2010 at 09:05.
Old 21st May 2010, 17:48   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
How much should a 20 year architect/manager should get, how much should a 25 year achitect/manager should get? Can anyone answer that? Nope!
Very true , and that is the time when people start thinking to start their own business .

Last edited by hrishig : 21st May 2010 at 17:56.
Old 21st May 2010, 18:01   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. Thats the scenario in industry. It may differ very slightly irrespective of the city. I work with a lot of Architects/PM's and they all are in same salary range. They always crib they are paid peanuts but they still stick around..Hehe!

Like Samurai rightly mentioned, after a stage the experience does not really count. It all depends on how badly the company wants you and how best you can sell yourself. In such cases, there is no upper limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
You know Arindam, apna situation kya hai
Old 21st May 2010, 18:24   #172
BHPian

Salary for 6 years in j2ee.

What would be a good salary for a 6 year experienced guy in one of the big IT companies? Infosys/Wipro/CTS etc. I work for one of these and will be 6 in august this year. My relative ranking over all these 6 years have been very good and i have been told that i get the best salary range that i can get in one of these companies without making a shift. Just want to check on that.
Old 21st May 2010, 19:59   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
What would be a good salary for a 6 year experienced guy in one of the big IT companies? Infosys/Wipro/CTS etc. I work for one of these and will be 6 in august this year. My relative ranking over all these 6 years have been very good and i have been told that i get the best salary range that i can get in one of these companies without making a shift. Just want to check on that.
You tell us what's your CTC, what domain you work and what's your designation. I'll let you know.
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:03   #174
BHPian

ok here goes. I have 6 years of experience. The salary is around 6.8 lakhs annual right now. 3 years of onsite experience in NY. Working for a leading financial bank on behalf of my company. Subvertical within banking is trade processing/Investment banking. I have been promised a 20% hike by the end of this month but trying to figure out if i should look out.

Designation is technology lead right now.

Last edited by Samurai : 23rd May 2010 at 00:09. Reason: avoid back-to-back within 20 minutes, use edit feature
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:11   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have been promised a 20% hike by the end of this month but trying to figure out if i should look out.

What is the reason to quit? Unhappy with work, environment, salary?
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:17   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok here goes. I have 6 years of experience. The salary is around 6.8 lakhs annual right now. 3 years of onsite experience in NY. Working for a leading financial bank on behalf of my company. Subvertical within banking is trade processing/Investment banking. I have been promised a 20% hike by the end of this month but trying to figure out if i should look out.

Well you have to look at it this way. In Indian service based company the salary is always lower compared to product based MNC's. But there is THAT factor called ONSITE . Which more than makes up for the that difference.

Try to negotiate for yet another long onsite. Or else move on.

P.S: One of my friend with 5+ years of exp was offered 9+ from one of the same company you mentioned.

NEVER EVER BELIEVE HR.
Old 23rd May 2010, 00:23   #177
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to share an info that we heard officially last Thursday; our company is going in for salary corrections . Looks like the era of 2008 is back to us.
PS - Pls don't ask me "which company"
Old 23rd May 2010, 11:31   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

For 6 years experience its just a little bit low ( not too much though). If an increase of 20% happens then your fit right into that slot.

I'll give you an example, i recently hired a Build Engineer ( i wanted him badly) so paying 6L Lakhs for a 4-year exp guy, so customer need can wreck hierarchy of salary ranges. His previous salary was less than 4L.

An inside trick, next year probably this guy will not be given a substantial hike but something bare minimum to cover the huge leap

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd May 2010 at 11:32.
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:08   #179
BHPian

Quote:

6 years 6.8 Lakh team lead looks below average salary package, however since you stick to one company for 6 years it's understandable.
HR saying 20% correction in services company and you buy that, come on think in your last 6 years ever heard somebody got 20% hike.

I would say if you change your company you may get around 9-10 Lakh in a services and around 12 -13L in product company. BTW if you want to be a pure techie and wants to increase your knowledge depth instead of broaden it then product company is the answer.
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:23   #180
BHPian

Well the reason will look funny to atleast to some of you or maybe it is not . I interview people for my role and below roles for the company i work for. The salaries that these people that I interview get from my same company is around 40%-50% higher than what i get right now. Just feeling a bit left behind. My managers/hr tell that they don't have a choice but to pay a premium to get people from the market.
20% is what i have been promised for now. if i don't get that atleast then the decision of whether to quit or not becomes that much easier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks