Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 17:22   #151
Team-BHP Support

Not true, salary for freshers still ranges between 2.8 to 3.5 lakhs with the companies you mentioned
Old 11th September 2008, 01:07   #152
BHPian

Yeah, even my co in TVM (which is not a big name here though it is a good co) gives 2.5-3L for freshers. I am sure the cos liste din your post will be equally good or better.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:07   #153
BHPian

What is the average salary calculation (IT companies) in kolkata now a days? From what i understand its like work exp: big ones ratio is 1:1 for service industry...

but then dont know if there are good product companies in this part of the world.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:54   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiman View Post
What is the average salary calculation (IT companies) in kolkata now a days? From what i understand its like work exp: big ones ratio is 1:1 for service industry...

but then dont know if there are good product companies in this part of the world.
I cannot speak for Kolkata, but 1:1 would be at the lower rung of the salary band.

What I want to know is, is it possible to get Work exp * 2, for an IT professional in Bangalore, say in the ERP scene?
Old 6th October 2009, 16:07   #155
BANNED

I didnt understand your question??
Old 16th October 2009, 15:05   #156
Senior - BHPian

work exp, let's say 5 years. So * 2 means 10 lakhs. What I want to know is, is there an upper limit for such a calculation? Say, X company will not pay more than exp * 1.7 for Y position?
Old 20th October 2009, 06:39   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
work exp, let's say 5 years. So * 2 means 10 lakhs. What I want to know is, is there an upper limit for such a calculation? Say, X company will not pay more than exp * 1.7 for Y position?
Never heard about this kind of calculation. Are you talking about Indian scenario ?
Old 20th October 2009, 07:53   #158
Senior - BHPian

What is current scene of salaries in year 2009? Appraisals in many companies are happening. Reccesion is over or not over yet? What is the current market expection for salary in different sectors?

How many percentage of salary increase do you expect in next year after appraisal?
Old 20th October 2009, 13:28   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post

You need to add Skill as well.

E.g, till 3 - 4 years back BI skills were in short supply. So, 5 yrs Business Objects could get you 2.2 - 2.8 ( 11 - 14 lakh).

Work Exp is only one of the factors used for "normalization" of salaries across large companies. Other factors like Skills, Internal Ratings, Client profitability and domain knowledge play a large role as well.
Old 27th April 2010, 00:44   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Genband( previouly Baypackets) is in telecom and was into software development (NMS, EMS).
SirF , Noida is in Embedded software development as well as EMS development.
Genband develops Media Gateways. These are used in Mobile and Legacy telephony networks to allocate voice channels for voice calls.
EMS/GUI is just the front end of a product
Old 13th May 2010, 21:35   #161
BHPian

Hey guys my brother need suggetion regarding salary structure and hirerarchy info for CTS.

He has 9.5 years of exp in IT and got an architect offer with sal package of 15 Lakh PA. However he declined as his recent CTC is 16 Lakh.

He recently joined one company WIPRO just around a month back and CTS considering his previous salary. IN his previous company he was getting 13 Lac and since he left company in april he did not got the hike of around 10%.

But CTS syas they will consider only 13 Lac as last drawn salary and their architect salary band is 12-15 Lac? Is it true and for 9.5 years should he consider for architect or senior architect?

Since my brother said he will not go below 18 Lac, HR said they need to discuss the matter and let him know.

What you guys think should my brother do in this situation?
Old 13th May 2010, 22:07   #162
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents.
Salary for a doctor in Karnataka
0-1 years 1.5-6Kpm
2-4 years 6-14KpM
4-8 years nil (Generally go for higher studies)
8-20 years 20-40KpM
>20Years >50KpM (Private practice picks up)

Salary in Tamil Nadu and Kerela are better.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:30   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Hey guys my brother need suggetion regarding salary structure and hirerarchy info for CTS.

He has 9.5 years of exp in IT and got an architect offer with sal package of 15 Lakh PA. However he declined as his recent CTC is 16 Lakh.

He recently joined one company WIPRO just around a month back and CTS considering his previous salary. IN his previous company he was getting 13 Lac and since he left company in april he did not got the hike of around 10%.

But CTS syas they will consider only 13 Lac as last drawn salary and their architect salary band is 12-15 Lac? Is it true and for 9.5 years should he consider for architect or senior architect?

Since my brother said he will not go below 18 Lac, HR said they need to discuss the matter and let him know.

What you guys think should my brother do in this situation?
HR people of CTS is absolutely right. Like CTS, any branded and large companies do not consider your existing salary if you are in that organization for less than 6 months minimum and in some cases 1 year.

Just ask yourself, how can you expect a salary of Rs.18 Lakhs ( 2 Lakhs hike) over existing compensation after spending only 1 month in current organization? Its just beyond any reasonable logic.

Speaking from personal experience where i give authorization to hire people to my teams and Without offending you or your brother some companies withdraw offers if they find candidates taking this route as there is no guarantee they will stick around for a long time even after meeting their expectations.

The best he can do is ask Wipro to match his existing compensation.

Finally to answer your query of salary range, thats right most large organizations offer between 12L-16L maximum for a architect position even if some of them have experience of 10-12 years. Exceptions are made only in very rare cases.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:40   #164
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
companies withdraw offers if they find candidates taking this route as there is no guarantee they will stick around for a long time even after meeting their expectations.
I echo mobike. As a hiring manager, these are some of the nitty gritties he will be looking for as a part of filtration process. One has to come with a very sound reason to justify the asking package.

Quote:

most large organizations offer between 12L-16L maximum for a architect position even if some of them have experience of 10-12 years. Exceptions are made only in very rare cases.
A colleague of mine with 9 years ex was earning 10L in Qwest. He joined Infosys with a CTC of 14L as an Architect.
Old 14th May 2010, 15:47   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The best he can do is ask Wipro to match his existing compensation.
My bad. I meant CTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I echo mobike. As a hiring manager, these are some of the nitty gritties he will be looking for as a part of filtration process. One has to come with a very sound reason to justify the asking package.
I am into Sales and I use my hiring sign-offs for my customer projects and last few months went through hell due to this very situation.

All this is because of markets opening up and plenty of jobs available to choose from and there are several challenges to get good people onboard with salary expectations being one of the biggest challenge.

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th May 2010 at 15:48.

Most Viewed