Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 12:21   #196
BHPian

Just thought i will update this thread with the news of my hike. Got the 19.5% hike which was what was promised. I am supposed get around 8.25 now with 6 years of experience.
Old 11th June 2010, 12:49   #197
Senior - BHPian

Got 11pct increase this year. After a little over 5 years of experience post my masters, my pay stands at 20 odd lpa..
Old 12th June 2010, 17:43   #198
BHPian

Treat beech!

20 chars
Old 10th January 2012, 18:24   #199
BHPian

FIS global salary for architect

Hi,
I'me being interviewed for a technical architect position(performance engineering) in Bangalore.
I've 11 years of experience in performance engineering and my current CTC is 18Lac.
How much i should expect from FIS global for this position.
Interview was quite good and they were happy.

FIS: Fidelity Info Services

Thanks
Akas
Old 22nd January 2012, 12:20   #200
BANNED

re: IT industry salary survey

@akas, I think you can safely quote 23L and see what they can offer.
Old 22nd January 2012, 12:44   #201
BHPian

Re: FIS global salary for architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
@vishnurp99, take into account the 3 years you spent onsite and then calculate your average salary. Then compare that with what a guy with your experience a product company with minimal or no scope for long term onsite would have made? I guess your's would be more.
I work for a product company and have just over 6 years experience. I do make more than you but I haven't got (or don't expect any onsite opportunities).
What many people don't realize is that although product companies pay more, the concept of onsite doesn't exist here. So its your call, whether you want to make big money in a short period followed by a spell of less salary in a service company or good money throughout in a product company. If you think long term, everything will average out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Bang on target. Its the choice between onsite in services company or Higher than average salary but NO onsite in product based company.
I have seen one of my friend quitting a product based company to join a service based company for onsite.
I tend to rather spend quality life in india rather than a compromising time in the US on 'onsite' assignment. Living in the US make sense only if you go there independently or direct placement.
With a high take-home in india, you get more respect from banks since your credit history is strong. Having high liquid cash has its own merit but at a cost of quality of life- No way.
Once you are back from long term onsite, you may be unable to fetch a good package. I have seen that happening with almost everyone. A 15 yrs exp fellow is making lesser than a 9 years exp I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Well dont get too excited.

First is it 6+ years A. Product Manager experience or total experience?

From your exuberance it seems the later.

Remember as a Product Manager you will get a salary compared to what the product is worth in the market and will surely depend on you showing some experience in earning good revenue from it.
And the person will not be seen as a manager once he start hunting out in a tier-1 reputed fortune-100 organization. Say for us, we have brackets for x years of exp people. No matter what his position was in previous org, he has to fit into our hierarchy model, let it be degradation for him.

So a 6 years exp guys if tries into my org, will be nothing more than a technical leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Hi,
I'me being interviewed for a technical architect position(performance engineering) in Bangalore.
I've 11 years of experience in performance engineering and my current CTC is 18Lac.
How much i should expect from FIS global for this position.
Interview was quite good and they were happy.

FIS: Fidelity Info Services

Thanks
Akas
They have a 24L budget for a 9 years experienced data architect. This was again negotiable but was for NCR location.
No idea about technical architect though, but I know tech architects are valued lesser than Data architect, blame it to demand and supply gap maybe.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 22nd January 2012 at 12:56.
Old 8th April 2012, 14:08   #202
BHPian

re: IT industry salary survey

guys any idea regarding salary for a principal software engineer in informatica having 11 years of experience. Need to close the deal ASAP, appreciate any feedback on this. Position is based in bangalore.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:04   #203
Team-BHP Support

Re: IT industry salary survey

Stats: Male Professionals with Higher Ethical Standards Earn Less - The Daily Stat - May 14, 2012 - Harvard Business Review

The above info is mere statistics, but it can be interpreted in two ways.

1) Being Ethical at work doesn't pay. (Simplistic view)

2) Ethical people don't chase money. They are willing to trade better money for keeping their integrity intact.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:19   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
principal software engineer in informatica having 11 years of experience.
Did you already joined?

In my view all these salary negotiations depends on lot of factors that cant be gauged so easily.
  • The flexibility of the salary bracket of that company or that position
  • The uniqueness of the skills
  • The need of the hour
  • And finally your negotiating ability and ability to understand how much flexible the folks are for this position.
I have myself seen PSE salaries from 6/7L to 45L PA.
Old 16th May 2012, 13:38   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Stats: Male Professionals with Higher Ethical Standards Earn Less - The Daily Stat - May 14, 2012 - Harvard Business Review

2) Ethical people don't chase money. They are willing to trade better money for keeping their integrity intact.
NEWSFLASH! Dishonest politicians make more money.
Seriously, is this even news.
If you are corrupt, you will make more money..
So depending upon your location, an unethical human being can decide on the risk tradeoff between honesty and money making extremes.
Old 16th May 2012, 14:24   #206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
NEWSFLASH! Dishonest politicians make more money.
Seriously, is this even news.
If you are corrupt, you will make more money..
Um, this is about corporate salaries... Corruption doesn't even come into the picture.

The article is about professional ethics and how it affects corporate salary. No need to drag politics and corruption.

Principal-agent problem is a standard case for this. I often deal with IT procurement managers, who regularly buy sub-standard and cheaper products to maximize their incentives. Their incentive is tied to how much money they save from the annual budget. The department that consumes that product pays dearly for that stupidity.
Old 16th May 2012, 14:40   #207
Senior - BHPian

Can we take it the other way round too? That is, can we term those to earn less despite being capable of earning more elsewhere as ethical? At least, they are loyal :-D

I worked for one of the biggest software companies in the world for almost 7 years. I never bothered about how much hike I got each year. Always completed the work given to me, with required quality standards.

Then last year, a friend of mine referred me to another company. They offered a whopping 50% salary hike! That's when I realised my true worth, and started searching for more options. Finally I joined a small company that is a part of a much larger group, with 45% hike.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 16:15   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

This article looks typically like one of those wherein the authors of the paper HAVE to come up with SOME headline making title in order to get people to publish and read it. If you read further, it says "male business professionals who self-report high ethical character earn, on average, 3.4% less than their peers who don't report having such standards, according to an analysis of data on thousands of students by Andrew Hussey of the University of Memphis."

What is the margin of error in the statistics? Is 3.4 % really that big a deal when comparing average salaries?

Last edited by sidkun : 16th May 2012 at 16:17. Reason: Cleanup of HTML tags
Old 16th May 2012, 16:54   #209
BHPian

Hi guys,

Wanted to know my salary package is good or not!!!
5.8 years of exp. in a product company and not changed the company since 4.7 years. Having a package of 8.xx L/A. Is this OK?
Old 16th May 2012, 17:01   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Wanted to know my salary package is good or not!!!
Its good, depends on the way you look at it .

It all depends on whom you are comparing with, what skills, scarcity and availability of those skills, and the general salary levels in the organization. So no one, absolutely no one can comment if its good or bad.

I would rather advise you to introspect, if you are enjoying your job, and the role gives you ample opportunities to exhibit your abilities and talent then over time money will follow.

Apart from these to check if you pay is competitive you need to take a market pulse, regularly.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 16th May 2012 at 17:07.

Most Viewed