Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2008, 12:08   #61
BHPian

Also I think Average salary is not what you get.If you are good you should consider getting ave salary of the creamy layer.Because always there will be a stream of people getting low salary in range of 1.5-3.0.But if we you compare your salary it would be best to compare with the average of the creamy layer.
Yeah ! most of the times salary is the of the aspect as you climb up.
Old 4th February 2008, 12:46   #62
Team-BHP Support

Nobody answered my question.
What is the average salary for a MBA who passes out of a good institute.
Pre MBA experience in software industry is around 8 years.
Old 4th February 2008, 12:48   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I think you should get 20-25 Lakhs/annum
Old 4th February 2008, 13:16   #64
BANNED

Approximate India salaries:
Finance: 12~30L
IT: 8~30L
Marketing: 6~15L
Quote:
Old 4th February 2008, 13:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Have a friend who passed out of ISB, with 8 years' exp in s/w industry. He got an offer of 32 l.p.a. from a U.K. based investment bank.

\N
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2008, 13:24   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
I think you should get 20-25 Lakhs/annum
I am not an MBA, but if I plan to do it, I would be going into college with 8+ years of experience. What people have said about salaries, I think I should do MBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Have a friend who passed out of ISB, with 8 years' exp in s/w industry. He got an offer of 32 l.p.a. from a U.K. based investment bank.

\N
Is the job based in India?
Old 4th February 2008, 13:28   #67
BANNED

By doing MBA and subsequently opting for MBA jobs, you will be getting into completely different field. Some like the new work. But money acts as good motivation for the new job.
Quote:
What people have said about salaries, I think I should do MBA
Old 4th February 2008, 13:30   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Aren't these numbers very misleading? Surely these are not industry averages. What is the starting salary in TCS/Wipro/Infy, let's leave out exotic companies for a moment.
TCS/Wipro/Infy aren't exactly dream-companies. At-least this was the case when I passed-out (in 1998). In my college no self-respecting Comp. Sci. student used to join these companies.

Comp.Sci. guyes were usually more interested in product companies or companies who do more technically oriented work, and these companies usuaully pay upto 1.5 to 2 times of TCS/Wipro/Infy/Satyam.

\N
Old 4th February 2008, 13:31   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Is the job based in India?
Yes, in Delhi.

\N
Old 4th February 2008, 13:35   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Nope, IIT people(unless they don't get any job, a rarity) get a starting from 5.5L+.
As for the normal companies its more like 3L for freshers. MNCs go to 5L
My company have offered 4L this year to freshers. We recruit from RECs/Govt. colleges, no private college.

And we are neither an MNC, nor exotic ;-)

\N
Old 4th February 2008, 14:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
TCS/Wipro/Infy aren't exactly dream-companies. At-least this was the case when I passed-out (in 1998). In my college no self-respecting Comp. Sci. student used to join these companies.
College reopened today and Infy coming in a couple of days time, 3lak pa, better than what they offered our seniors last year atleast. Hope something better my way comes
Old 4th February 2008, 14:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

When I was in Gurgaon for a (onsite ) project implementation, the client made an offer which is twice of what I currently get. But I preferred Pune to Gurgaon. So.. as they say in the hotel industry.. its location, location, location which drive salaries AND also something that motivates people to opt for lesser pay in liu of work location.
Old 4th February 2008, 14:15   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
College reopened today and Infy coming in a couple of days time, 3lak pa, better than what they offered our seniors last year at least. Hope something better my way comes

I think this is referred to as Compression.

A source of a major headache for all companies as the new joinee will be earning either the same or a little more than someone with exactly the same education + 1 year experience.
Old 4th February 2008, 14:34   #74
BHPian

20-25 Lakhs you will get with MBA.And 18-21 Lakhs you will get in a paymaster It company.And start up you will get 25 lpa.
I also have 7 years exp so can tell this figures with confidence.
Old 4th February 2008, 15:55   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dream companies again represent less than 10% of the total pool. Obviously they can't make a dent in the real averages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
20-25 Lakhs you will get with MBA.And 18-21 Lakhs you will get in a paymaster It company.And start up you will get 25 lpa.
I also have 7 years exp so can tell this figures with confidence.
I am not clear about this post. Is this an answer to Tanveer's question? What do the companies expect in return for so much money? Sorry, as an employer I think from ROI POV. Say at least 2-5 crores in return, if they don't generate that revenue, what happens?

Quote:
Ok, I am an oldtimer. But I don't think this is the right approach to take considering the long time career needs. After 8 years, joining MBA is a very good idea, it is the right time, I did after 11 years experience. And I am very against the idea of MBA without work experience. In my opinion it almost destroys your ethics. One needs the maturity and experience that comes from few years of working before you take on MBA. It is really bad that in India most colleges accept MBA students without experience. I am not really inviting a debate here, that's the opinion I formed during my MBA studies. Later I found that my opinion was shared by many when I read this book: Amazon.com: Snapshots from Hell: Books: Peter Robinson

In your case however, timing is right, you have enough experience to withstand the desensitization process. But don't just do it more money. If you are hoping to change your career with this, check what are the career options, do you want to get into marketing, finance, management, etc. If you just go with whichever pays higher, you might end up being a very highly paid miserable man. You may have that BMW which you don't have time to drive. Don't trade in your weekends and holidays in the process. It ain't worth the money.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks