Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 15:48   #16
BHPian

BBlost: ooops sorry, but i said it in terms of witch i.e. Chudail who sits on these trees waiting for we poor souls
Old 31st January 2008, 15:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

ohh i got one more.Never pee in a public place/near a tree without clearing your throat and spitting at the spot before u start the job.
They say that if there is a ghost standing by he ll enter u through the place where u pee from.
I have seenn countless number of people do this.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:56   #18

Never ask anyone going out 'Where are you going?'
If someone asks, then the purpose for going out will not be fulfilled.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:58   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
They say that if there is a ghost standing by he ll enter u through the place where u pee from.
LOL . thats a good one
Old 31st January 2008, 16:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
ohh i got one more.Never pee in a public place/near a tree without clearing your throat and spitting at the spot before u start the job.
I have seenn countless number of people do this.
but what if ghost enters you thru the place where you spat from

Regards,
Old 31st January 2008, 16:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

If U drive over a pig, sell the vehicle.
Old 31st January 2008, 16:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
And the person who buys it,is a lucky soul
Old 31st January 2008, 17:11   #23
BHPian

1)Seven years of bad luck if you break a mirror. Happens to me every time I shave. The mirror cracks when it sees my ugly mug.
Old 31st January 2008, 17:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Had it been the other way around "Before selling a vehicle drive it over a Pig" considering the second hand car market the pigs would have become an extinct species
Old 31st January 2008, 17:37   #25
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

Do not travel between early hours of the morning, between 3~4; spirits of people who have died on the road roam about at these times (when did they change their shift timing from 12midnight???).
Very interesting fact related to this. During 03~sunrise (approx - don't go by digital clock checking 02:59:59), the alertness is very low. First, there is some tiredness and then relaxation of daybreak. In some case, commando raids etc are planned during this time to get some advatage. Thugs used attacked during this time only (as people are in very deep sleep) and disappear. I think, this might have come from those attacks etc.
Old 31st January 2008, 17:55   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat View Post
Very interesting fact related to this. During 03~sunrise (approx - don't go by digital clock checking 02:59:59), the alertness is very low. First, there is some tiredness and then relaxation of daybreak. In some case, commando raids etc are planned during this time to get some advatage. Thugs used attacked during this time only (as people are in very deep sleep) and disappear. I think, this might have come from those attacks etc.
exactly, the day before yesterday a thug came to our flat and tried to take the music system of a swift at exactly 3 'o' clock in the night. I was awake and heard a sound, so went to the verandah to look into it and saw thuis guy running away. he had also locked the door of the guard from outside . but he could not steal anything. most of these attack at 3 'o' clock.
Old 31st January 2008, 18:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat View Post
True - it is the time when we are sleepy the most! (I take a shower before I drive during these times).

Driving at these times also has another advantage - wify is fast asleep in car and not aware of the speed, meaning, no holding back - 'Pedal to the metal'! cheers:
Old 31st January 2008, 20:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Wel If a lizard falls on you your brain is in trouble! Well simply because in our place they refer this book and according to it lizard falling on different parts of the body gives diferent symbols. Right hand may be lucky whereas left may not etc etc.

Do not cut your nails at night. This is mostly because people used to cut their nails wit a blade and at night without electricity the chances of cutting your hand increases
Old 31st January 2008, 23:51   #29
BHPian

when a cat crosses your path from left to right, its ok to proceed. But if it crosses from right to left, you are supposed to go three steps backwards and then proceed.
leave that cat alone ! will ya ?

Another one that i heard from my granny is that never buy any metal object on saturday. I was denied a new bicycle on my b'day ( that was a on saturday some years back - just cant forget the damn thing ). They say it brings bad luck.

gimme a break !
Old 31st January 2008, 23:57   #30
BHPian

you guys are great. i love these off topic threads. there's been this one black cat lives somewhere in my neighborhood crosses my path everyday....!

Most Viewed