Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 11:47   #1
BHPian

any mahindra classic sent to scrap???

hi friends,
I am from mangalore (karnataka). I request all my fellow bhpians to help me find a mahindra classic sent to scrap! As most of you may know, that the mahindra classic is no longer available, the spares are also not available with the Mahindra people (karnataka). the unavailability of some parts and the 'dont-care' attitude of the people at mahindra here (towards the classic customers only), has forced me to make this kind of request to all of you out there!

so, in case, you find any mahindra classic in the scrap yard, please send me a message regarding it! It will be very helpful as i am loking for some parts! i might buy the vehicle itself from the scrap yard!

(moderators please note: i hope this is the right section to post this, if not, please move it to the proper section - thank you)

thanking you all in advance!

MOD Edit: Don't post multiple times while waiting for approval.
Old 1st February 2008, 18:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

if you mention which specific parts you are looking for then some of us would be able to help you out with that .there might be spares available at other dealers or some parts vendors.
ram
Old 3rd February 2008, 11:54   #3
BHPian

@ ram

hello sir!!
When i purchased my jeep, it was not in a proper condition! the body work was pathetic as the vehicle was roughly used in an estate! the previous owner had just kept only the engine (the heart of the vehicle) in proper condition! During the restoration of my jeep (3years back), due to the unavailiblity of major parts (& due to inexperience) i did some major compromise with some parts. (Then, i was not a member of team-bhp either) Due to which, my classic is being misinterpreted as a normal CJ3b!!

Now i have found the majority of the parts & only a few things here and there are missing! the parts which i am presently hunting down for are:

1)the soft top frames (fittings) and door
2)rear seat (if not the rear seat, i can manage if atleast get hold i get the rear seat frame so tat i can get the seat work done which matches with my front seats)

Most Viewed