Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 10:26   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Its cold!

What a welcome change! Never experienced such nice weather in Mumbai, especially in the month of February. It is 10 degrees today while the coldest temperature Mumbai has ever seen is a 7.x in 1962. I think we are going to create a new record

Are you loving it?
Old 6th February 2008, 10:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

finally its pleasant im mumbai. and we were all thinking we wouldnt have a winter when christmas day was 30 degrees.
Old 6th February 2008, 10:30   #3
Team-BHP Support

Gee... 10 degrees. Its burning hot in Mumbai guys... Come to Delhi
Old 6th February 2008, 10:32   #4
BHPian

Lovely Winter Weather in B'Bay

It's pure fantasy to be able to experience winter climate in winter for a typical Bombayite & am no exception.

Would'nt be surprised if we have some snow in a few years time.!!!

Global Warming / The Green House effect / Oceanic Depletion - when you watch all these phenomenon on Discovery & Nat Geo - you wonder.

Here is a tinge of proof as well.!!!

But in lighter vein, am glad to be wrapped up in winter weather.

The other point I notice is that my late evening drives have increased tremendously from twice a week to every-day in the week. Apart from additional fuel cost, am not complaining though.!!!

Cheers
Old 6th February 2008, 10:32   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Are you loving it?
Oh you bet! Its a welcome change after a couple of really dissapoiting winters. I missed the frost in Mahabaleshwar, I hope it returns so I can catch it again.
Old 6th February 2008, 10:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

lucky you in Mumbai. In Bangalore, the highs are close to 30 and lows are close to 20. I don't remember seeing temperatures this high so early in Feb!
Old 6th February 2008, 11:56   #7
Team-BHP Support

Come to Delhi its 5 degrees, or go further up north, its totally snowed in with most highways blocked.
Old 6th February 2008, 11:59   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Before I was blessed enough to travel, I used to wait for our so-called winters.
Kam se kam
one chance to wear the jackets and sweaters.

There it would be 25 degs in peak winter and I'd be roaming around in my sweater. Sweating lol.

We don't even know how to dress warm. The climate here has never taught us. For one example, we dress warm indoors and when we go out, say to a restaurant or a club, we keep our jackets on. Look around when you go out. We stay dressed when we enter a club or a restaurant. What to do, we have no experience. Not realising that when it is warm inside, the same jacket will prevent the warmth getting in.

Oh give me a chance to ramble and I always will. I love the weather GTO. It feels great to be nice and cool and have the sun shining nice and bright. Life's good.
Old 6th February 2008, 12:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

Bloody great, yeah! Come up North boys, it's nice & nearly freezing! And to add to that, the wedding season is on, so attending functions in open-air venues with the wind blowing strong, not on, not on!!

P.S. Lots of Scotch seems to be the only remedy during the said functions these days!
Old 6th February 2008, 12:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
P.S. Lots of Scotch seems to be the only remedy during the said functions these days!
I prefer Old Monk in winters ;-)
Old 6th February 2008, 12:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well i am loving it and am sleeping a lot. Actually dont exactly feel like getting off the bed of late and so been reaching office kinda late and luckily for me its the same with my colleagues so no one is complainiing
Old 6th February 2008, 12:56   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Gee... 10 degrees. Its burning hot in Mumbai guys... Come to Delhi

I second that Eddy !!! Its tough on kids man !!!
Every other kid is down with a URTI !! Mine included.
Statistics say 40% of Delhi is infected and groaning !
The main reasons cited are cold weather and pollution !
To do my bit I use my six speed, mono-shock bicycle to go anywhere closer than 5 km, and have decided to stick to a petrol car under 1.5 liters for life! No big SUV's for me.

I cant wait for it to get warmer !!

The sun is out right now,..and its prooving to be a fine day...maybe my prayers got answered.

Last edited by Torque-ative : 6th February 2008 at 13:05.
Old 6th February 2008, 13:00   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No thanks to the "up north" invitations. Wouldn't like it any colder. Plus, we bombay boys cant live without the ocean

Quote:
P.S. Lots of Scotch seems to be the only remedy
Aha, Cheers to a cold evening on the terrace, ocean view, good music on the iPod/iStation, Marlboro Reds + Black Label (never ending supply), onion bhajiyas and some really sweet company. Life is perfect!
Old 6th February 2008, 13:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Its bloody cold out here in Dubai too. We're experiencing sub-ten temperatures consistently - never heard of before in February. We had unseasonal rains of a very high intensity, two days of dust storms that left dubai looking like a ghost town and now plummeting temperatures!

Its come to a situation where my garage says the work on the Lumina will be delayed as his people have to leave work early - its too cold to work!
Old 6th February 2008, 13:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What a welcome change! Never experienced such nice weather in Mumbai, especially in the month of February. It is 10 degrees today while the coldest temperature Mumbai has ever seen is a 7.x in 1962. I think we are going to create a new record

Are you loving it?
Looks like GOD gave Bangalore's share of cold to Mumbai as well...Bangalore weather is worst this year (I mean relatively )

Abhi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks