Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 10:36   #16
BANNED

I am waiting for refund since last two years for assesment year 2006-07.
My CA say they will do next as they are busy doing this and that and story is going on since last one and half year.
Refund is not a small amount but more than couple of lakh.
What should I do to get it earliest as I have already closed the business and waiting for refund to close the company.
Old 12th March 2010, 11:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I was pleasantly surprised when my wife received a cheque from the IT department for the tax refund for FY 2008-09. The cheque is valid for 90 days, and issued for an SBI account.

The refund for FY 2007-08 has still not come, and so i am surprised that they sent the refund for 2008-09.
Are you sure that the refund is for Financial Year 08-09, not Assessment Year 08-09 ? Please do check it again.

I recently received my refund for Assessment Year 08-09 (meaning Financial year 07-08).

It is highly unlikely that IT Dept would start giving refunds for FY 08-09 when refunds for FY 07-08 are still pending.

Rohan
Old 12th March 2010, 11:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

I worked for two employers during this financial year. When i moved from company A to company B in July 2010, i could not submit the "previous employer income" (form 12b ?) to my current employer B. So my current employer calculates tax assuming my previous employer income to be NIL. I was thinking that at the time of filing my returns, i would obtain a form 16 from company A and the CA will do tax calulation according to both form 16s (A and B) and i can pay Advance Tax Challan if any and attach it with ITR. Is that okay ?
Old 12th March 2010, 11:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Yesterday I got this email from NDSL. Has anyone else also got it and is this genuine? I do submit my IT returns online (through an IT advisory firm) so don't know what to make out of this.

If this is genuine, what is this meant for?

NOTE the from email address is: 26ASauto-reg [at] nsdl.co.in
Looks genuine, have received similar email more than a month back. My guess is that those persons who have stated email address while filling IT returns would have received such email.

This registration one to know TDS payments in current financial year in online format known as 26AS. Previously, one used to get such report via email & email used to get generated late mostly after June/July. Now, in online form, one can check TDS payment acknowledgment even during financial year.

Quote:
I was thinking that at the time of filing my returns, i would obtain a form 16 from company A and the CA will do tax calulation according to both form 16s (A and B) and i can pay Advance Tax Challan if any and attach it with ITR. Is that okay ?
@ DCEite: It would be better to calculate total tax liability now and pay advance tax challan before 15th march itself.

Last edited by sukiwa : 12th March 2010 at 11:40. Reason: added response for DCEite's query
Old 13th March 2010, 01:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have not filed my IT return for this year (I guess the last date for those who doesnt have to pay anything was around January 2010).
Can someone tell me if I can still file my returns?
Old 13th March 2010, 13:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have not received refunds for last 2 years :( , anyone knows how to go about it ? I have filled online both years.
Old 13th March 2010, 14:03   #22
mkh
Senior - BHPian

My wife has been receiving refunds for each year since the last 5 years now. The refund for the Financial year 2008-2009 for which the return was filed in June 2009 is pending. We get the refund in Oct of the next year and with the interest. The last we got was in Oct2009 for return filed in June 2008.
There are CA's who will get you a refund, taking some small amount, about 10%. I have not used any such people, but some of my colleagues did whose refunds were stuck
Refunds come as ECS now and not in cheques
They must get streamlined, and give by about 6 months like in any other country. Its only a few who pay tax anyways honestly- give them their due else more and more will be encouraged to steal tax!
Old 13th March 2010, 16:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Guys,

I have not filed my IT return for this year (I guess the last date for those who doesnt have to pay anything was around January 2010).
Can someone tell me if I can still file my returns?
Anyone has got any idea about this? any CA around who can advise!
Old 13th March 2010, 17:28   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Anyone has got any idea about this? any CA around who can advise!
@Ketan: If you are talking about AY 2009-2010, then you have time till March 31, 2010 to file your return without any penalty.
Old 13th March 2010, 19:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

^ Thank you Nitin,
yes, I'm talking about 2009-2010. I will check the online (e-filing) site or find out some CA who can help me do this now.
Old 13th March 2010, 21:28   #26
BANNED

Follow the below link to check the Refund status.

http://www.tin.nsdl.com/

1. Click on Status of Tax refunds, it will open another window.

2. Enter your PAN number, and select the year for which you are looking for REFUND.

It will give you information on the progress.
Old 25th March 2010, 22:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

I've been getting an automatic mail from incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in saying that they have still nor received my ITR-V form, despite me sending it by normal post few months ago to their bangalore CPC (Central Processing Center).

Subject line of the email is

Subject: Non - Receipt of ITR-V at Income Tax Department-CPC, Bangalore - your case - Reg

I just wanted to ask whether it is my specific case, or is it that everyone is getting this mailer from incometaxindiaefiling. They have asked in the mail to send it by Mar-31-2010.

Last edited by clevermax : 25th March 2010 at 23:01.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:07   #28
BANNED

Asking on behalf of one of my staffers.

1. He failed to submit returns for FY 2008-09. He does not have any tax liability; but the Gross income is around 1.85 Lakh.Net salary after eligible deductions is below 1.1 Lakh. Will he attract any liability if he files returns now? Which form should he use? (ITR 1 for that year? Or should he used the ITR1 for this year, if it has changed, with appropriate corrections for the accounting year?)

The problem has arisen here because he received some salary in arrears, his gross income would have been below the taxable limit but for the arrears.

2. How is HRA computed for him? His HRA per month is 600; actual rent paid is 3000. I have advised that only actual HRA (Rs. 600 PM) is eligible. Can somebody please confirm that I am correct?
Old 9th July 2010, 13:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I've been getting an automatic mail from incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in saying that they have still nor received my ITR-V form, despite me sending it by normal post few months ago to their bangalore CPC (Central Processing Center).

Subject line of the email is

Subject: Non - Receipt of ITR-V at Income Tax Department-CPC, Bangalore - your case - Reg

I just wanted to ask whether it is my specific case, or is it that everyone is getting this mailer from incometaxindiaefiling. They have asked in the mail to send it by Mar-31-2010.
Sorry, I got to see this only now. It looks like your return did not reach them. I sent mine for last year and also this year by ordinary post to their Bangalore address after filing online, and I got their acknowldging email in around 3 weeks.
Old 9th July 2010, 13:55   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Yesterday I got this email from NDSL. Has anyone else also got it and is this genuine? I do submit my IT returns online (through an IT advisory firm) so don't know what to make out of this.

If this is genuine, what is this meant for?

NOTE the from email address is: 26ASauto-reg [at] nsdl.co.in
Yes it is genuine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Asking on behalf of one of my staffers.

1. He failed to submit returns for FY 2008-09. He does not have any tax liability; but the Gross income is around 1.85 Lakh.Net salary after eligible deductions is below 1.1 Lakh. Will he attract any liability if he files returns now? Which form should he use? (ITR 1 for that year? Or should he used the ITR1 for this year, if it has changed, with appropriate corrections for the accounting year?)

The problem has arisen here because he received some salary in arrears, his gross income would have been below the taxable limit but for the arrears.

2. How is HRA computed for him? His HRA per month is 600; actual rent paid is 3000. I have advised that only actual HRA (Rs. 600 PM) is eligible. Can somebody please confirm that I am correct?
If his taxable income is greater than 1.6L for FY 2009-10, he may just file the returns for the said period. He has to use ITR-1 provided he is a salaried individual.

BTW in which FY did he receive the arrears?

HRA exemption is computed as below:

Actual HRA
50% of Basic Salary if he resides in a Metro city else 40% of Basic Salary
Actual House Rent - 10% of Basic Salary

The least of the above three is exempted. Hope it helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks