Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 17:33   #391
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

I can login to income tax website but where do I see the CC thing details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Attach your CC bills and Form 16 copy, bank statement for both years. Send your reply by regd post ack due. Consulting a CA may be a better option before sending a response. I believe the IT dept is simply trying to find out the reasons for non-filing , so if you reply in a proper manner it should be addressed.

If you've spent > 2 lacs on your CC it should also appear in the e-filing website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ . You can login and see the details there.
Old 30th September 2013, 18:36   #392
Senior - BHPian

View form 26AS on the site for the relevant year after you logon.

There should be a section called 'Annual Information of Returns'. If your CC bills exceeds 2L in a year, it should be displayed there. I don't know if this is across Credit cards or for every individual card.

Google for 'Annual information of returns' and you will get more information on it.
Old 9th November 2013, 17:58   #393
BHPian

ITR2 processing is still not complete in my case for this year. Its almost mid-november i.e., 2.5 months after the receipt of my ITR-V and hence I am worried.

Anyone here whose ack date was 30/8 (or around that) and the returns processing is complete by IT Dept?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
A quick update on processing status for my parents ITR submission:
1. Was submitted online on 30th July for both parents. ITRV was posted couple of days later in a single envelope.
2. One is in ITRV Received status (and got a notification email)
3. Was worried about the other since there was no receipt email. Logged in today & notice that it is processed completely (without any notification).

BTW, my ITR online submission was done on 4th Aug. I think the ITRV was posted around 20th August. ITR Status is still "Uploaded". I hope it would change in next few weeks to "ITRV Received".
Old 9th November 2013, 20:34   #394
BHPian

My ITR2 processing is pending too. I have refund too; so waiting eagerly.
Old 11th November 2013, 22:01   #395
Senior - BHPian

Today got a pleasant surprise when my refund cheque for ~60k for FY11-12 came. I followed up a lot for my refund for FY10-11 and hence this came as a surprise. Not sure if the opinion polls have played any role here but I'm not complaining
Old 11th November 2013, 22:41   #396
Senior - BHPian

Somebody whom I know got his refund for AY 13-14 credited to his account in less than 3 months from filing his ITR.
Old 12th November 2013, 16:07   #397
BHPian

Is there a maximum limit till when a refund can be claimed back from IT department? Basically it is a 2003-4 time frame case but they never to processed it inspite of the forms being submitted 3-4 times over the course of 2005-2008. After that the person fell sick and had no time to pursue this refund. Is it worth trying again? It is a couple of lacs or so.

It is for a relative who has retired and this amount was from his VRS.
Old 12th November 2013, 17:00   #398
BHPian

Hurray !

Got refund credited my account last week, though it was just around 500. Today got the processed ITR form also.

I submitted my returns in the first week of July itself, as soon as I got my Form16. Didnt wait for the last moment. Sent the printouts somewhere in Aug. May be thats why it got processed earlier than others.

Note: Even my manager got SMS last week that his returns are processed.
Old 5th December 2013, 13:36   #399
BHPian

I received an intimation from CPC Bangalore under section 143(1) today for the AY 2013-14. Per their calculation, I am supposed to get a refund of Rs. 2/- but in the last page the net payable is 0.

- When is 143(1) intimation sent? Does this mean that my return was picked up for scrutiny or is it only that the processing is complete?

In 2007-08 most of colleagues in office had received a notice for payment in range of 2 to 4 thousands due to a screw up by finance dept of not paying educational cess. When we approached the finance dept. they asked us to ignore it, as many people across country had got it and it was an issue with CPC.

- When and how can an assessee know that he does not have any dues with IT dept from any of the previous years?
Old 5th December 2013, 14:21   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
Is there a maximum limit till when a refund can be claimed back from IT department? Basically it is a 2003-4 time frame case but they never to processed it inspite of the forms being submitted 3-4 times over the course of 2005-2008. After that the person fell sick and had no time to pursue this refund. Is it worth trying again? It is a couple of lacs or so.

2003-2004 is long back. You can directly approach the I-T office and can ask for the status of the return. Not sure if they will hold the record for 10 years. It might be archived and might take some time. But you should definitely get the status (refund yes or no) on the ITR processing.
If not working in I-T office, one can submit RTI and get the information.
Old 5th December 2013, 15:01   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
- When is 143(1) intimation sent? Does this mean that my return was picked up for scrutiny or is it only that the processing is complete?
It simply means that they have completed the processing. Ususally it involves reviewing the returns filled online and the hardcopy submitted.
This has nothing to do with scrutiny.
Old 5th December 2013, 16:55   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
2003-2004 is long back. You can directly approach the I-T office and can ask for the status of the return. Not sure if they will hold the record for 10 years. It might be archived and might take some time. But you should definitely get the status (refund yes or no) on the ITR processing.
If not working in I-T office, one can submit RTI and get the information.
Thanks. Is it worth going via a CA or a tax firm? I am aware they charge a pretty fee for this.
Old 6th December 2013, 11:24   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
My ITR2 processing is pending too. I have refund too; so waiting eagerly.
Same here, I filed on time but it is still under process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Somebody whom I know got his refund for AY 13-14 credited to his account in less than 3 months from filing his ITR.
Filed my daughter's ITR online in July and got refund in early October.
Old 7th December 2013, 17:54   #404
BHPian

Received an email intimation from IT dept saying, they are processing my refund (for my ITR2 submission - first time, with loss declared - I was worried of course due to no response for soo long & fearing of some notice unnecessarily). However, it says that, I have some outstanding balance from 2005 & 2009 which they want want to deduct & asking me to revert back if I want to challenge/sort it out within 15/30 days only after which they will consider this as the final outstanding amount & deduct it. (2.5K in total).

Partly happy that processing is complete, but angry since I need to wait for 30-45 more days now again to get a complete picture.

Quote:
ITR2 processing is still not complete in my case for this year. Its almost mid-november i.e., 2.5 months after the receipt of my ITR-V and hence I am worried.

Anyone here whose ack date was 30/8 (or around that) and the returns processing is complete by IT Dept?

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post

Of course you should pursue & get the refund. See my above example. They are trying to squeeze out the 500rs due in 2005 from me now. So, you should follow it up for your valid due amount. It may be cumbersome as the information may not be available fully electronically. But, if they could trace out something from 2005, I am sure they should have details of 2003. It is his/her hard earnt money. Ask for its refund with interest. Pl. send me a PM if you need any details from my notice on whom to approach for rectification for old dues.

Last edited by null : 7th December 2013 at 18:00. Reason: multi-quote to avoid 2nd post unnecessarily
Old 14th December 2013, 08:24   #405
BHPian

Today I got intimation u/s 245 from I-T saying there is outstanding amount to be paid for AY 2009-10.
The demand is raised u/s 1431a.
However there is no balance from my side.

On googling, I found several other cases where the refund is awaited for this year, they have got similar notice; surprisingly all pointing to the year 2009.

Those who do not have refund are fine but the few cases of refund for this year might be surprised by the tax demand notice for year 2009.

I have got the I-T filing acknowledgement and will get in touch with local I-T office on Monday.

In the mean time, anyone else faced this?
Any CA guys here? Please help if you have come across similar issue.
It is quite strange that all cases pointing to year 2009.

Quote:
However, it says that, I have some outstanding balance from 2005 & 2009 which they want want to deduct & asking me to revert back if I want to challenge/sort it out within 15/30 days only after which they will consider this as the final outstanding amount & deduct it. (2.5K in total).
@null, as I mentioned above, the demand notice for year 2009 might be invalid and needs rectification.
Just check your returns for the years 2005 and 2009.
There might be problem in the I-T system as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks