Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 17:51   #76
Team-BHP Support

For matching the tax calculations, I have to know them first. Because the BLR guys sent me incomplete documents, I am not aware what did they calculate. I will try calling their call center tomorrow again, and see if I can find out.
Anyways, tomorrow I will send them a speed post.
Can anyone let me know the complete address to which speed post has to be sent?
This is a silly hassle. I will stay away from efiling from now on, and pay a CA instead. I guess I expected too much from a govt body.
Old 27th July 2010, 18:14   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Anyways, tomorrow I will send them a speed post.
As far as I kow, it only says Post bag number for the CPC. Try to see if there are any addresses or senders name from the post / letter.

Btw, try this number [I got from TaxGuru site] works only from 9 - 6pm. 080-43456700.

And this too.
https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in...ontact_info.do

Good luck.

Quote:
This is a silly hassle. I will stay away from efiling from now on, and pay a CA instead. I guess I expected too much from a govt body.
Yes. makes me too worried.
Old 27th July 2010, 22:29   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Now the funy thing is that the Grand Total Income in 1 and 2 is same, but in the second column the Tax Payble is 28K
My tax is cut at source, and I have form 16.
I don't know if the following could be your problem, but could it be that they were unable to correlate your TDS amount with the information in the form 26AS?

Two different efiling officers told me that one needs to fill the TDS information section to exactly match with the form 26AS. This means that you can't combine all TDS credits in a single line even for a single employer or a bank. You need to make an entry for each individual TDS credit by the dates credited (as given in Form 16 or 16A)!

Apparently you can't even copy and paste from other excel files containing the data, since it could overwrite the formatting of the ITR file! I just spent more than an hour filling all such details manually.
Old 28th July 2010, 00:54   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Two different efiling officers told me that one needs to fill the TDS information section to exactly match with the form 26AS. This means that you can't combine all TDS credits in a single line even for a single employer or a bank. You need to make an entry for each individual TDS credit by the dates credited (as given in Form 16 or 16A)!

Apparently you can't even copy and paste from other excel files containing the data, since it could overwrite the formatting of the ITR file! I just spent more than an hour filling all such details manually.
I filled up the ITR form this time myself. (yay!!! saved 200 bucks!!!)

There is a .doc file on the it dept. site; I used that, filled up and printed it.

The e-filing excel sheet is plain shirt without the "r". And no file for use on my fav. ofice suite, Openoffice.org.

Quote:
Even 2bit universities and public service commissions are using online filling of forms. Why cannot the IT department too do it?

A <censored> excel sheet, an xml file ... then print it on inkjet / laser, then post it ... blah blah.
Old 28th July 2010, 08:56   #80
BHPian

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in Password Issue.

I lost my password, So if I go for a password re-set, the re-set screen goes fine and it says password successfully changed.
But when I try to re-login with the new password, again same problem. It says invalid password.

Is anyone facing this issue and if so do you have a solution ?
Old 28th July 2010, 10:09   #81
Team-BHP Support

I checked the 26AS, my ITR-V and my form 16, there is no mismatch anywhere. Because they have forgotten to send me page number 2 and 4 of the demand note, there is no way of me finding out what is mismatching at their end.
I guess I will again start the phone ritual, and hopefully somebody will pick up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Even 2bit universities and public service commissions are using online filling of forms. Why cannot the IT department too do it?

Because they are plain lazy. For example for a long time e-filing was possible using only proprietary operating systems. This shows the lack of initiative and incompetence of the people at this end.
Moreover, just because its all IT now does not make things go right. The IT dept has a poor track record of refunds etc., I do not expect them to get IT e-filing right.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th July 2010 at 13:16.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:10   #82
BANNED

Quote:
They are demanding around 28K extra tax

2. As computed under section 143(1)
I just had a look at section 143 (1). Here is the link:-

Income Tax India

This seems to be a demand for interest for delayed payment of tax. Are you sure that TDS and advance tax are evenly spread out throughout the year?

Quote:
Because they are plain lazy. For example for a long time e-filing was possible using only proprietary operating systems. This shows the lack of initiative and incompetence of the people at this end.
It is conforting to know that I am not the only person having such strong views on IT department's and most other govt. departments' initiatives on e-governance.
Old 28th July 2010, 19:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

Need quick help

I'm filing my returns with ITR1 & unable to upload the XML to the website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in...loadXMLFile.do. I get the following error
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-e1.jpg
I'm sure I don't have any of the special characters; the filename was generated by the excel & I haven't changed a thing. The filename is something like ITR1_AAAAA9999A.xml (replace A with alphabets & 9 with digits to give the PAN number). The site says the following on file naming convention

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-i1.jpg

Has anyone experienced the same issue & has workaround OR should I email this question to ask@incometaxindia.gov.in? Pls help. Any help is appreciated. Tks.

Last edited by aargee : 28th July 2010 at 19:25. Reason: better visibility of image
Old 28th July 2010, 19:58   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I'm filing my returns with ITR1 & unable to upload the XML to the website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in...loadXMLFile.do. I get the following error
Attachment 395449
I'm sure I don't have any of the special characters; the filename was generated by the excel & I haven't changed a thing. The filename is something like ITR1_AAAAA9999A.xml (replace A with alphabets & 9 with digits to give the PAN number). The site says the following on file naming convention

Attachment 395450

Has anyone experienced the same issue & has workaround OR should I email this question to ask@incometaxindia.gov.in? Pls help. Any help is appreciated. Tks.
Just make sure you selected the right link.

One for uploading without digital signature, and one with Digital signature.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what I'm missing?

Thanks @Mjothi
But I'm following the right steps. Here're the 2 screens before the error pops up on clicking the Upload button.
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-s1.jpg
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-s2.jpg
All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)-e1.jpg

Pls help.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:20   #86
BHPian

ask@incometaxindia.gov.in ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
... should I email this question to ask@incometaxindia.gov.in?
You could try emailing them, but never, ever, expect a response! My email count to them (over a month) stands at half-a-dozen now. I'm yet to get any response from them!

Last edited by meerkat : 28th July 2010 at 20:23.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

@aargee: Sorry, not sure why. Did you tried other browsers? I uploaded the ITR2 [should not matter, but still] and many of my friends did same. No issues.

@meerkat: Damn, I thought it would have been outsourced and atleast we will get an reply. Hmmm, long way for those dreams.
Old 28th July 2010, 20:58   #88
BHPian

urgent question - went through the hassle,
filled excel sheet
generated xml
uploaded xml - success - got confirmation from the site
downloaded the zip file with itrv - PASSWORD protected..

can anyone throw some light on what the password is?
=============
got it!!

but posting for anyone who faces the same dilemma as me:

formation on how to open your ITRV/ITR Dear TaxPayer, Please note that you will receive your ITRV/ITR ACK PDF file in a zip format. Please note that the ITRV/ITR ACK PDF document is password protected to ensure it is accessed by the appropriate user. The password is a combination of the pan and the date of birth in the format ddmmyyyy. For example, 1) if the pan is AAAAA0000A and the date of birth is 10-Jan-2008, then the password will be aaaaa0000a10012008 Please note that you will need Adobe Acrobat reader 8.0 or forward to open the password protected PDF file. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please visit the following link to download it: www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html In case you are unable to open the document, please contact Efiling Income Tax Administrator at ask@incometaxindia.gov.in providing the document along with pan number and assessment year.
Income Tax Department
================================================== ===========

Last edited by babhishek : 28th July 2010 at 21:08.
Old 28th July 2010, 21:09   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
urgent question - went through the hassle,
filled excel sheet
generated xml
uploaded xml - success - got confirmation from the site
downloaded the zip file with itrv - PASSWORD protected..

can anyone throw some light on what the password is?
All fine. Did you read the mail fully?

Here you go.
Quote:
Your ITR-V/ Acknowledgement is protected by a password for your security. Please enter your PAN (in small letters) and the Date of Birth or Incorporation (in ddmmyyyy format), in combination, as the password, to view your ITR-V/Acknowledgement. Note that your password is in lower case only.
For example,if your pan is AAAAA0000A and the date of birth is 10-Jan-2008, then the password will be aaaaa0000a10012008
Old 28th July 2010, 21:17   #90
Senior - BHPian

@Mjothi - Sir, Thanks so much, I succeeded finally in loading the XML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Did you tried other browsers? I uploaded the ITR2 [should not matter, but still]
Actually it did matter IE did the job perfectly; looks like the testing team forgot about Chrome, Firefox, Safari & Opera!!!

Thank you very much for the tip

Last edited by aargee : 28th July 2010 at 21:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks