Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 17:30   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
The problem is, I'll never take this route. So it has RTI written all over it for me, and I will do that if that's what it takes.
For Refunds lower than 1 lac, you dont need to visit the RTO, but in my case refunds go beyond 2.50 lac category, so i need to take this route even if my conscience does not allow me to do so.

2000 - 2001 and 2001 - 2002 i waited similarly, but the IT department never issued my refunds, for over 2 yrs(though they need to pay with interests added) i had to go and meet these Central govt., Babu's, pay their cut and only than got my refunds, since 8 yrs, i go there exactly 6 months after i've filed my ITR, and from there onwards their program starts working, and within 30-45 days, my refund amount hits the bank.

Its a sad reality my dear friend,and thats how it works
Old 27th July 2010, 11:04   #62
Senior - BHPian

Filing ITR without Form-16 for that last month

I joined my present company on March 1st - 2010. Will there be an issue if I file my ITR without the Form16 from my present employer which accounts only for the last one month of the FY?
Old 27th July 2010, 12:02   #63
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I filed my returns in Hyderabad for 2005-2006. There was a reasonably big refund due. I still haven't got it. I am not currently in Hyderabad or nor am I planning to go there either, unless I know I can get my refund.

So what do I do now to figure out why the refund is not being processed or when can I expect it?
Old 27th July 2010, 12:05   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I joined my present company on March 1st - 2010. Will there be an issue if I file my ITR without the Form16 from my present employer which accounts only for the last one month of the FY?
Actually, you can file wihtout Form 16 for now since you dont need to attach any proofs.

But the TDS information and other details should be clearly filled. Whatever, the new company is bound to issue you a Form-16 even if its for one month. Get it first.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Their main page you can send by Speed post. But when you upload the XML file, the final screen and the ITR-V form says this

So, better do a ordinary post only.

IT department accepts ITR-V only by Normal Post, don't waste money on courier.
I sent it last Monday & got the acknowledgment in 4 days by e-mail. I hope IT department will further simplify the process and do away with this step.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:29   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
IT department accepts ITR-V only by Normal Post, don't waste money on courier.
I sent it last Monday & got the acknowledgment in 4 days by e-mail. I hope IT department will further simplify the process and do away with this step.
There is already a process to do away with this step. You can digitally sign the ITR-V and upload the same. There has to be some form of signing happening.

I have a query from my friend. He has some long-term gain from debt mutual funds. He doesn't know if he has to pay tax on this gain or not. Can someone please clarify?

Last edited by Gandhi : 27th July 2010 at 12:34.
Old 27th July 2010, 12:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
I got a notification from IT dept stating me to pay an additional amount plus interest.
It seems that they have not considered my claim of exemption on interest on house loan eventhough i have furnished the details to my employer .I feel that they failed to submit the document.
Do i need to pay the additional amount? Pls advice on how to proceed.
I too got the notice. When are you going to meet up ? Can we go earlier than the date as mentioned in the notice.
Old 27th July 2010, 13:18   #68
Team-BHP Support

Demand note.. what is it?

I received a demand note from income tax department. They are demanding around 28K extra tax
The note has 2 columns
1. As provided by Taxpayer
2. As computed under section 143(1)

Now the funy thing is that the Grand Total Income in 1 and 2 is same, but in the second column the Tax Payble is 28K
My tax is cut at source, and I have form 16.
I filled the online tax return and everything was okay there.

How do I proceed to dispute, or atleast know how they came to extra tax of 28K?
Old 27th July 2010, 13:55   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I have a query from my friend. He has some long-term gain from debt mutual funds. He doesn't know if he has to pay tax on this gain or not. Can someone please clarify?
Debt fund gains are taxed at 10%(plus surcharge) without indexation and at 20% (Plus surcharge) with indexation.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:01   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
How do I proceed to dispute, or atleast know how they came to extra tax of 28K?
First you should check if govt received all the tax from your employer or not. You can check this by your Tax Credit Statement (Form 26AS) on https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Old 27th July 2010, 15:50   #71
BHPian

@tsk1979,
IF everything is correct as per your form-16 then you can write a letter to ITO,CPC asking for a rectification on the tax demanded citing neccessary deductions.
You can mail it in the address given in the header of the demand letter without post bag no.
I just did this on last staruday. In my case, my efiled ITR-2 was wrongly filled.
Old 27th July 2010, 16:20   #72
Senior - BHPian

I have a pending refund for last 3-4 years, my CA is demanding around 5K for getting it refunded.

Yes Amount is big, Total amount must be around 2 lakh.

Any easy way to go through it and if one can get it done personally by sending office-boys ??
Old 27th July 2010, 16:25   #73
Team-BHP Support

In my case I have received page number 1 and page number 3
Page number 2 and 4 are missing. So I do not know how they arrived at this.
I guess I will visit my local income tax office in Noida to get the details, and then contact CPC?
The Adress is
Post Bag No 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore - 560100
Old 27th July 2010, 16:31   #74
BHPian

Just stumbled across thread. My own dad is a very senior Income Tax Dept. official!
I must admit, corruption is common in this dept., luckily my dad is not one of those blokes, many of who are fathers of my playmates.
Old 27th July 2010, 17:45   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
In my case I have received page number 1 and page number 3
Page number 2 and 4 are missing. So I do not know how they arrived at this.
I guess I will visit my local income tax office in Noida to get the details, and then contact CPC?
The Adress is
Post Bag No 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore - 560100
I think you can check with your local IT ward office. but I doubt if they can be of any help. We all know he immd answer from them.

"Sir, record has to come from Bangalore" or go and ask bangalore....

Also, the e-filling site says all transaction should be directly with the CPC and they dont encourage any local offices. But no mentioning about in case of disputes.

Best is to mail them first, and then send a postal letter to both CPC officer & local ward.

Also, do a Validate and calculate tax in your ITR form again to just crosscheck.

I am waiting to know the progress of our system. please do update.

Most Viewed