Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2014, 21:34   #421
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Thanks for the information, let me go to office and raise a complaint on this.
Hi.
The income tax department has a toll free number.
It is 1800 180 1961. Quite easily accessible.
Before visiting the office( I personally avoid visiting) please call the CC.
Incidentally I was under the impression that all returns are uploaded and the hard copy posted. Somebody please correct if I am wrong.
Regards
Old 6th January 2014, 15:44   #422
Senior - BHPian

The Leave Travel Allowance block from 2010 to 2013 has ended. Those who have not made a claim (two claims permitted in this block) can make a claim (considering all the conditions and rules) to their employer. This is the right time.

Those who have not taken leave to travel, can carry-forward one such claim to year 2014 (Jan to Dec) and can claim subsequently in 2015.

I am reading that you can travel by your own car and submit fuel and toll receipts as well. The maximum limit is restricted by AC 1st class rail fare between source and destination (farthest point in case of multi-point journey).
Old 6th January 2014, 20:14   #423
Senior - BHPian

Are you sure that fuel and toll receipts are acceptable for LTA claim? I have around 14k of bills from my recent Kolkata travel and I would show them if they're acceptable as LTA, although I have my reservations on it.
Old 7th January 2014, 11:48   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Are you sure that fuel and toll receipts are acceptable for LTA claim? I have around 14k of bills from my recent Kolkata travel and I would show them if they're acceptable as LTA, although I have my reservations on it.
Not 100% sure, but two years ago, I had claimed the same way in this company.
Also, I know others who have claimed in their companies.
I guess some organizations have different ways of interpretation.

No harm in trying.
Old 7th January 2014, 12:06   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi.
The income tax department has a toll free number.
It is 1800 180 1961. Quite easily accessible.
Before visiting the office( I personally avoid visiting) please call the CC.
Incidentally I was under the impression that all returns are uploaded and the hard copy posted. Somebody please correct if I am wrong.
Regards
I contacted the toll free number, they say that refund will happen within 3 months if it is filed online, since my filing is manual I need to contact the local office. Let me go to the chennai office and see the status.
Old 7th January 2014, 14:34   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Not 100% sure, but two years ago, I had claimed the same way in this company.
Also, I know others who have claimed in their companies.
I guess some organizations have different ways of interpretation.

No harm in trying.
I think you're quite right , LTA can be claimed for road travel by your own car .

I had a look at the rules in http://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/DIT...tax-rules.aspx -> Rules -> Income Tax Rules -> 2B that specify the conditions of granting LTA, and while there does exist an upper limit( ie you can't claim more than the a/c rail fare between those 2 places broadly), there's nothing that states that personal road transport cannot be used !

Last edited by sdp1975 : 7th January 2014 at 14:35.
Old 9th January 2014, 22:08   #427
BHPian

For FY 2011-12 I filed return online but did not receive intimation / acknowledgement. When I checked online last year it said "processed". I may have missed the acknowledgment in my e-mail box. Is it possible to download from IT website?

I have received intimation for FY 2012-2013 recently.
Old 10th January 2014, 15:19   #428
BANNED

Govt organisations do not allow LTA by road for quite a few decades. In fact now it has to be a GoI organisation by which you must travel. All air travel by Air India only - was limited to Economy (LTA80 or Y class depending on your salary) for a few years till last year.
Old 11th January 2014, 22:38   #429
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Part refund of my daughter for the assessment year 2008-09 is pending due to a mismatch in the tax departments records.
The amount due is rs 13000 + .
The concerned ITO called and offered a solution that she(my daughter) should fill 2 indemnity bonds (one for 10000 and one for 3000 + as the limit for one bond is 10000).
I cant find the matter to be written in the bond on their website.
Can somebody please help where I can find it ?My CA couldn't find it.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Old 12th January 2014, 09:24   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everybody.
Part refund of my daughter for the assessment year 2008-09 is pending due to a mismatch in the tax departments records.
The amount due is rs 13000 + .
The concerned ITO called and offered a solution that she(my daughter) should fill 2 indemnity bonds (one for 10000 and one for 3000 + as the limit for one bond is 10000).
I cant find the matter to be written in the bond on their website.
Can somebody please help where I can find it ?My CA couldn't find it.
Thanks a lot
Regards
Kindly state the reasons for mismatch . TDS mismatch? or previous years demand unpaid and being adjusted ?

PM'd you the same of the indemnity bond

Last edited by undead : 12th January 2014 at 09:27.
Old 12th January 2014, 23:47   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Kindly state the reasons for mismatch . TDS mismatch? or previous years demand unpaid and being adjusted ?

PM'd you the same of the indemnity bond
Hi
Thanks a lot for your quick response.There is no previous years unpaid demand.
Have seen the link provided by you.
Subsequent to my post asking about the format I found a link. This is different. This link provided by www.incometaxbangalore.in. Is it the official website.
http://incometaxbangalore.in/incomet...Y-2520BOND.pdf
Please advise which is the one that I follow.
A query: I have to state that the original document is lost but that is not so. There is a mismatch between the my 16 S and the govt's records. Incidentally it can be said that the original was lost by the IT office when it was sent for rectification.
Another point is I have to fill 2 bonds one for 10000 and another one for 3000 + .Is it OK to submit two bonds for the same ass. year ?
The ITO mentioned that I will not be entitled to interest on the delayed refund. What does the rule say? Any idea?
Once again thanks a lot for your help and guidance.
Regards
Old 13th January 2014, 12:30   #432
BHPian

Request for inputs form bhpians...

I recently checked the Outstanding Tax Demand for my Wife and found that there were two - AY2012-13 and AY2009-10. I raised a rectification request under sec 154 for the AY12-13, since it was a mismatch in the Self assessment tax. But for AY09-10, I cannot do anything because the grace period for re-filing is over? The issue is that I made a mistake in entering the Income, actual being lower, so the dept calculation(Computed Under Section 143(1)) resulted in a higher tax, thereby the claim. What is that I can do now?
Old 13th January 2014, 13:34   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
I recently checked the Outstanding Tax Demand for my Wife and found that there were two - AY2012-13 and AY2009-10. I raised a rectification request under sec 154 for the AY12-13, since it was a mismatch in the Self assessment tax. But for AY09-10, I cannot do anything because the grace period for re-filing is over? The issue is that I made a mistake in entering the Income, actual being lower, so the dept calculation(Computed Under Section 143(1)) resulted in a higher tax, thereby the claim. What is that I can do now?
I think you can file rectification for 2009-10 as well.
Recently I filed one.
Old 13th January 2014, 15:02   #434
BANNED

Server Bouncing Mail from cpc.gov.in

I discovered recently that out mail server newmailhost.iitk.ac.in s bouncing incoming mail from cpc.gov.in. We were not aware as mail from incometaxefiling is coming in fine.

As a consequence I did not get e-copies of the assessments for any of our five PANs last year. Later some or maybe all of these arrived by mail. I have to check.

I have now gone and added a second e-mail id (gmail) to our PAN profiles. Went through very smoothly with confirmatory e-mails for four of them. I had a bit of fun with the HUF since Update Principal Contact info wanted my PAN and not the HUFs in the update. Managed that also after querying them.

Now will the four pending returns automatically come to the additional e-mail id, and as for the fifth how do I get the assessment order [143(1)] has been generated) by e-mail to the new id or by post?
Old 13th January 2014, 18:20   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi
Thanks a lot for your quick response.There is no previous years unpaid demand.
Have seen the link provided by you.
Subsequent to my post asking about the format I found a link. This is different. This link provided by www.incometaxbangalore.in. Is it the official website.
http://incometaxbangalore.in/incomet...Y-2520BOND.pdf
Please advise which is the one that I follow.
A query: I have to state that the original document is lost but that is not so. There is a mismatch between the my 16 S and the govt's records. Incidentally it can be said that the original was lost by the IT office when it was sent for rectification.
Another point is I have to fill 2 bonds one for 10000 and another one for 3000 + .Is it OK to submit two bonds for the same ass. year ?
The ITO mentioned that I will not be entitled to interest on the delayed refund. What does the rule say? Any idea?
Once again thanks a lot for your help and guidance.
Regards
Indemnity Bonds are not used nowadays . Its just a written confirmation from you that , you are not claiming any false refund. Nowadays the IT dept. checks the TDS credit claimed by you with the Form26AS. If there is a mismatch, they put a hold on the refund and send an intimation to the Deductor that , you have claimed TDS credit for which the TIN-NSDL has not received any information via the quarterly returns .

Regarding your case , are you claiming refund for any TDS deducted for the income earned by you? like Salary , Interest, Contract etc?

Submitting two bonds is not an issue, it wont help you much , unless you are able to rectify the reason for mismatch. The problem is here is Form26AS can be viewed only from Asst yr : 2009-10 .

Suggest you the following:
1. If TDS has been deducted by any person , ask that person to file the TDS quarterly returns properly for that asst.yr . Tough to get refund if the deductor has not filed the returns .
2. You can download the indemnity bond from that link itself.
3. Always keep a copy of form 16/16A certificates with you before giving it to the IT department.

Regarding the Interest part. This is the reason why I hate this Income tax law of our government.
1. Interest on refund will only be provided till the Date of Order. Not till the date of cheque. The gap between the date of order and cheque sometimes goes upto 6 months are which we dont get any interest.
2. If we make 1 day delay on payment of TDS to the government as a deductor, we are charged with 1 month interest.

Last edited by undead : 13th January 2014 at 18:28.

Most Viewed