Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2014, 09:48   #466
BANNED

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

How to request a resending of the assessment order?

IIT Kanpur was bouncing all mail from cpc.gov.in for a long time. After I raised a lot of noise I got two orders on my mail. Now one of my orders had apparently bounced, since I got the sms but no order. How do I request a resend by e-mail or Paper. Modus operandi please.
Old 12th February 2014, 10:04   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
So its that time of the year where we get busy filling up those forms required for tax exemption. I hope my doubt will be cleared here. My question is:

1. Can I include the bill for the new car battery that I had replaced a few months back in the vehicle maintenance expense?

I checked with the accounts person at our company, but he says No.
If you are an employee then you would not be allowed to claim any repair & maintenance or for that matter any depreciation as well. However if your are self employed & the car is registered in the company's name then you can show this expense under repairs & even claim the depreciation for the year as an expense.
--
Satyam Kaushik
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:07   #468
Senior - BHPian

LTA can be claimed twice in a block of 4 calendar years.

Is there any condition stating that these 2 claims cannot be made in the same calendar year ? Of course then the employee can't claim LTA for the rest of the block.

I'm asking this as I've been told that 2 claims cannot be made in the same calendar year , but this appears incorrect to me based on rule 2B in http://law.incometaxindia.gov.in/DIT...tax-rules.aspx
Old 28th March 2014, 14:07   #469
BHPian

Anyone here closed their "Outstanding Tax Demand" requests? For a quick refresh, earlier in Oct/Nov 2013, a few of us got emails about this outstanding tax from earlier assessment years (i.e., before AY 2013-14). I had pending tax claims for AY05-06, 08-09 & 09-10.

Did anyone here manage to clear this?
- Is just paying up the due amount adequate? OR do we need to file another rectification return for those years?
- What is the implication of filing a rectification return for say, 05-06 now?
Old 28th March 2014, 14:19   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
How to request a resending of the assessment order?

IIT Kanpur was bouncing all mail from cpc.gov.in for a long time. After I raised a lot of noise I got two orders on my mail. Now one of my orders had apparently bounced, since I got the sms but no order. How do I request a resend by e-mail or Paper. Modus operandi please.
You can always download your assessment Order directly in e-filing site using your PAN profile. Have tried this route before? I can download all my previous years order also (Since e-filing is done). But if you need order prior to e-filing, then you should visit your assessing officer and give request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
LTA can be claimed twice in a block of 4 calendar years.
If my understanding clear, Two claims possible only in *First* year of LTA block. Current LTA Block is 2010 -2013. So if you haven't made only one LTA claim in these four years, in 2014 you can make LTA claim for period 2010-2013 years. And you can still make claim for 2014-2017. If one of this claim falls in 2014 I think this is fine.

However if you are making two claim in same year for same block, this is not allowed I think.

Last edited by RaguHolla : 28th March 2014 at 14:35.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:37   #471
BANNED

I have managed to get the orders after requesting on the site. Last year in two days, year before that one day more.
Old 29th March 2014, 16:58   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
However if you are making two claim in same year for same block, this is not allowed I think.
Two LTA claims can be made in the same financial year provided the gap between the two is 6 months or more.
Old 16th April 2014, 14:20   #473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
This is for AY 12-13. When I check the status on line, it says, the assessment officer has not sent refund order to bank
Finally got notification of a refund order which I am sure will be processed after the elections. They decided to takeaway a chunk of cash as dues for my 2010-2011 income tax filing. I never ever got a payment demand!
Old 18th April 2014, 01:09   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
They decided to takeaway a chunk of cash as dues for my 2010-2011 income tax filing. I never ever got a payment demand!
You will have to register your protest by writing a letter to your jurisdictional Income Tax officer. If it is a sizeable 'chunk', pursuing this will definitely help to get the balance cheque. But first please obtain the acknowledgment of your protest- atleast it will show that you were diligent in your case. Maybe your online PAN login could give some additional clues.

In the orgn I work for, this was pretty rampant.
Old 29th April 2014, 22:47   #475
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Quote (don't remember whose is it)
" Next to a gun fired at you and the bullet missing,you are happiest to get your income tax refund"
After seven years got my daughter's refund.
Undead.
Thanks a lot for your guidance. Between the 2 formats of the indemnity bond the officer suggested the simpler one which I duly executed.
Thanks a lot for your advice
Regards
Old 29th April 2014, 23:01   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Quote (don't remember whose is it)
" Next to a gun fired at you and the bullet missing,you are happiest to get your income tax refund"
After seven years got my daughter's refund.
Undead.
Thanks a lot for your guidance. Between the 2 formats of the indemnity bond the officer suggested the simpler one which I duly executed.
Thanks a lot for your advice
Regards
Congrats on your refund . ( not sure whether you got interest due to delay of refund , most probably not) Getting a refund for the older assessment year isn't that easy , glad that you got the happiest side of the result.
Old 30th April 2014, 00:33   #477
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I received the below note stating that my tax refund is processed and to contact them for getting the money back. Is this a correct mail or a spam? I am little apprehensive since this came from a sbi.co.in email id.

Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. XXXX ,

We are pleased to advise that your Income Tax Refund , as determined by ITD had been processed.

Please find attached payment advice for details. The advice is password protected. Please use your PAN number in capital letters to open the attachment.
For more details please contact CPC Bengaluru at 1800-425-2229 (Toll Free) or 080-22546500 if the Return was filed online.
Old 30th April 2014, 09:49   #478
BANNED

I got a refund for my HUF from AY 2008-09. Interest calculated incorrectly (by 10k+). My CA is going to appeal.
Old 2nd May 2014, 01:31   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Congrats on your refund . ( not sure whether you got interest due to delay of refund , most probably not) Getting a refund for the older assessment year isn't that easy , glad that you got the happiest side of the result.
Undead
Hi
I got nearly 20 % of the amount due as interest. That would be for around 40 months.
I should have got around 34 % i.e for 69 months since I filed the returns and calculated at .5% per month.
I will live with it.
Thanks a lot for everything
Regards

Last edited by faustus77 : 2nd May 2014 at 01:33.
Old 2nd May 2014, 23:27   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Hi all,

I received the below note stating that my tax refund is processed and to contact them for getting the money back. Is this a correct mail or a spam? I am little apprehensive since this came from a sbi.co.in email id.

Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. XXXX ,

We are pleased to advise that your Income Tax Refund , as determined by ITD had been processed.

Please find attached payment advice for details. The advice is password protected. Please use your PAN number in capital letters to open the attachment.
For more details please contact CPC Bengaluru at 1800-425-2229 (Toll Free) or 080-22546500 if the Return was filed online.
TorqueyTechie
Hi
You can call the numbers, and verify the bonafides.
You can also call the State Bank Of India helpline (toll free no 18004259760) who handle the actual payment.The payment is made by them after the refund orders are passed.Takes about 8/10 after the order is passed and your receiving the credit in your bank account.
Regards

Most Viewed