Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 09:20   #1216
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
It appears that ITD has been sending a lot of 143 1(a) notices https://www.bemoneyaware.com/blog/in...-notice-143-1/ . The notice is being sent when 80C investment claims are made in the return but they don't appear in Form 16 uploaded by the employer - so they're essentially cross verifying between Form 16 and the uploaded return.
I too am in the same boat and even my mother, who is retired person, got the notice. I have gone through my Form 16 multiple times but did not find any difference between what has been filled in the ITR and the form 16. The only other "income" I have is from my savings account interest and that has already been included. So not sure what exactly is the issue or where they are getting the additional income from
Old 31st July 2017, 09:31   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I too am in the same boat and even my mother, who is retired person, got the notice. I have gone through my Form 16 multiple times but did not find any difference between what has been filled in the ITR and the form 16. The only other "income" I have is from my savings account interest and that has already been included. So not sure what exactly is the issue or where they are getting the additional income from
Even I have received the same. This looks like a technical glitch and lot of people are receiving such mails.

I am trying to reach CPC's Helpline but little luck there as today is the last day of filing IT returns.

I did come across this website providing more information on the email sent

https://www.bemoneyaware.com/blog/ta...a-eassessment/

I am waiting for couple more days before responding to the notice.
Old 31st July 2017, 11:00   #1218
Senior - BHPian

Folks,
Today is the last day to file returns for AY2017-18. Please file the same ASAP if you have not already done so. All the best.
Old 31st July 2017, 15:56   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Folks,
Today is the last day to file returns for AY2017-18. Please file the same ASAP if you have not already done so. All the best.
Date extended to Aug 5.

http://www.ecoti.in/36daNZ
Old 31st July 2017, 18:17   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
I am not aware of options to upload proofs online. Can you please point me in the right direction? Is there an option in efiling website?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
So - here is the procedure. You can consider paying the tax demanded first or there will be penal interest plus garnishing of the demand amount from your future refunds. Do this especially if the amount in question isn't very high. Choose the option that you are disagreeing with the demand but still paying.

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in...sponse_OTD.pdf

After which you have to raise an appeal - use the e Nivaran menu option and "submit grievance" - choose grievance to CPC or grievance to assessing officer based on who has raised the tax demand against your father. You can upload all the necessary documents such as ppf receipts, donation receipts etc etc whatever has been rejected in the notice that is sent to you.

If the demand amount is too high then raise the grievance first.

You are well advised to take the help of a CA if the demand has been raised by an assessing officer rather than automatically by the CPC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I am unable to see the notice under e-Proceeding -> e-Assessments/Proceedings

Scouring the net led me to this.
http://www.caclubindia.com/forum/det...10813&offset=6

Apparently a lot of people have received such emails and the CPC helpline is asking to not take any action for the communication received.
After going through the links and blogs online, I spoke to the CPC customer care just now. I was advised not to take any action on the mail as they are reassessing the returns and will be receiving another communication. I expressed my concerns about the '30 days' time line and asked him the tentative timeline of when I might receive the new communication. He was not aware of the same and said it is in progress and I will get the mail as it is system generated. He also gave me a complaint reference number for future use. I plan to wait until day 29 and then respond if needed.

Thanks for all your inputs and pointers
Old 31st July 2017, 21:01   #1221
BHPian

Just got the below whatsapp message. I am not sure of authenticity of the same.

Quote:
Dear All,

One important announcement
For all of those who have Income Tax return and have received an e-mail stating that there has been an error in calculating your tax and a refund has to be issued, please ignore it.
It is circulated by hackers. Once you click on the link it will direct you to a net banking login page and once you login into it, your bank account will be hacked.

Please ignore such emails. Income tax department will send an intimation about refunds/ payable through a proper notice.

If you check the sender's address it would appear as donotreply@incometaxindiafilling.gov.in & not donotreply@incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in

Note the *e* is missing from *efiling* & *filing* is spelt as *filling*. Please widely circulate this message so that nobody falls pray to hackers.
Old 31st July 2017, 21:09   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Just got the below whatsapp message. I am not sure of authenticity of the same.
This is not authentic. It's a rumour. Check your mail and it will be from intimations@cpc.gov.in
Old 1st August 2017, 00:27   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Is there a simple step by step guide on how to file this? I have all the details on hand, but just need some guidance on navigating the e-filing website.
Old 1st August 2017, 08:48   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Is there a simple step by step guide on how to file this? I have all the details on hand, but just need some guidance on navigating the e-filing website.
Use www.taxsmile.com or www.cleartax.in. There are some more, they are all govt-authorized Income Tax e-Return Intermediaries (ERI) listed at https://www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/e...rmediaries.xls. I personally have used taxsmile for past 3-4 years and find it very user friendly. Besides, unlike the gotchas at the Income Tax own website (incl the ITax Dept's Java/XML utility, which I find relatively harder to use/follow) such as the IT website slowing down during rush times, taxsmile website speed has always been very fast in my experience.

Last edited by vharihar : 1st August 2017 at 08:53.
Old 4th August 2017, 08:24   #1225
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 queries :
1. I resigned from my previous organization and paid them back 1.7L as relocation charges because I quit before a year. Can I claim a tax exemption on that amount ?
2. My previous landlord deducted 1 month's rent for painting the house which by the way he did not before handing over to the next tenant, because I kept the house in pristine condition. Can I add that to my yearly rent ?
Old 4th August 2017, 10:25   #1226
Senior - BHPian

How long does the tax refund take to get credited to the specified bank account?

The confirmation sheet received back from IncomeTax E-filing also reflects this amount.

The last I had got a tax refund was back in 2008 and that time it took nearly 8-10 months to get the credit back.
Old 4th August 2017, 10:30   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
How long does the tax refund take to get credited to the specified bank account?

The confirmation sheet received back from IncomeTax E-filing also reflects this amount.

The last I had got a tax refund was back in 2008 and that time it took nearly 8-10 months to get the credit back.
If you have received intimation U/s 143(1), your refund will be credited in 15-20 days. If you haven't received the order, it will take time.

FYI one of my friends filed his return on 28th July 2017, & got refund on 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I have 2 queries :
1. I resigned from my previous organization and paid them back 1.7L as relocation charges because I quit before a year. Can I claim a tax exemption on that amount ?
You can not. There is no deduction admissible in the income from salaries except (CHAPTOR VIA, HRA & HOUSING LOAN INTEREST)

Quote:
2. My previous landlord deducted 1 month's rent for painting the house which by the way he did not before handing over to the next tenant, because I kept the house in pristine condition. Can I add that to my yearly rent ?
You can claim upto the amount for which you have proof of payment(Rent Receipt). Assuming total sum also qualifies for HRA deduction as per the provisions.

Last edited by Ry_der : 4th August 2017 at 10:43.
Old 4th August 2017, 12:11   #1228
BHPian

ITR filed on July 13, Refund received in my account on August 1st. This is amazing and the fastest I have got so far.
Old 4th August 2017, 13:16   #1229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
FYI one of my friends filed his return on 28th July 2017, & got refund on 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SajiNSalin View Post
ITR filed on July 13, Refund received in my account on August 1st. This is amazing and the fastest I have got so far.
Lucky guys!

I e-filed my return on 12th June 2017. It was e-verified the same day. No sign of 143(1) yet. Last year, the returns to refund process took just a week or so.

The only solace is that none of my colleagues - some of whom filed theirs even before me - have got the refunds. However, two of them have received notices citing differences in filed and actual income/deduction.

I remember receiving the refunds as late as November-December a couple of years ago. But then, that was the pre-e-filing era. Wonder what's preventing the IT department from processing the returns on a realtime basis.
Old 4th August 2017, 13:47   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Lucky guys!

I e-filed my return on 12th June 2017. It was e-verified the same day. No sign of 143(1) yet. Last year, the returns to refund process took just a week or so.
If we go by the Act, the A.O. has 1 year to issue 143(1) from the date of expiry of the F.Y. in which return was submitted . The time taken depends on various factors e.g. Quantum of refund/deductions, Cash deposited during demonetisation, Trasactions reported under your PAN, Scruitny selection criteria and workload on CPC.

Their is no thumb rule or pattern by which one can guess the time taken.

Quote:
The only solace is that none of my colleagues - some of whom filed theirs even before me - have got the refunds. However, two of them have received notices citing differences in filed and actual income/deduction.
There is nothing to be worried even if any of your colleagues gets refund earlier than you. It may take time, but it will definitly come.

Quote:
I remember receiving the refunds as late as November-December a couple of years ago. But then, that was the pre-e-filing era. Wonder what's preventing the IT department from processing the returns on a realtime basis.
For this, you need to understand the procedure first.

Once you e-verify the return, it will be allocated to any of the A.O.s working in the CPC. There is no automation in the assessment of Returns. Each A.O. at CPC has huge no. of returns before them waiting to be Assessed and every year more people are filing e-returns(Read: increased workload).

You will also get .5% interest per month on the refund.

So, stop worrying and keep driving.

Cheers.

Most Viewed