Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 15:20   #1246
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
My wife's salary is below the income tax threshold. She has worked for 2 years of the last 6 years. We've never filed tax returns for her. Is there anything she should be doing?
Would be good idea to file nil returns if planning to go abroad in future since rules insist for submitting ITR when applying for visa eg. Schengen visa. Also some credit card applications ask for ITR. I don't think there is any other case where ITR is asked for.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:44   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
It appears that ITD has been sending a lot of 143 1(a) notices https://www.bemoneyaware.com/blog/in...-notice-143-1/ . The notice is being sent when 80C investment claims are made in the return but they don't appear in Form 16 uploaded by the employer - so they're essentially cross verifying between Form 16 and the uploaded return.

My dad also received such a notice. His 80C investment was disallowed. He's in fact retired and not employed for the last 3 years , but his old employer has been uploading empty returns/salaries for the last few years . Obviously there's no mention of 80C in these empty returns , resulting in the notice.

There's an option to dispute the notice online. Should I upload the 80C investment proof and state that he's not employed ? Anyone faced this situation before ?
I also received this intimation. It was basically I had paid some self assessment Tax for interest on Bank deposits, which they had not recognised and sent a demand of Tax for that particular amount. I have already submitted my reply on Income Tax site.
Old 30th August 2017, 22:09   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Once you login to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and click "view returns / forms" you will get a status.

If your return has just been submitted and e-verified you'll get "Successfully e Verified"

For completed returns you'll get "ITR Processed"

If you click the acknowledgement number (select the return from My Account -
-> View eFiled Returns and Forms" you will get full details.

Do you have a refund you are expecting? If so check back after a week if the refund in question has been passed.
I checked the status and it is still showing as "Successfully e-Verified". By when it is expected to be in "ITR Processed" status? Is there a deadline by which ITRs should be processed. It's been nearly 40-45 days since I filed and e-verified by returns.

Will the refund be processed only upon "ITR processed" status?

I am expecting a refund as it was self calculated while filing the returns.

Last edited by bluevolt : 30th August 2017 at 22:10.
Old 13th September 2017, 16:25   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I checked the status and it is still showing as "Successfully e-Verified". By when it is expected to be in "ITR Processed" status? Is there a deadline by which ITRs should be processed. It's been nearly 40-45 days since I filed and e-verified by returns.

Will the refund be processed only upon "ITR processed" status?

I am expecting a refund as it was self calculated while filing the returns.
Same status here mate. Its been now almost 12 weeks since I filed my returns. I am expecting a refund and looks like the reputation of IT is playing here. The tall claims by IT dept of immediate refund are all hoax and I dont see getting the amount very soon.

Lessons learnt: Take into account all the tax saving options before submitting the IT investment proof to the co.
Old 13th September 2017, 16:35   #1250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Same status here mate. Its been now almost 12 weeks since I filed my returns. I am expecting a refund and looks like the reputation of IT is playing here. The tall claims by IT dept of immediate refund are all hoax and I dont see getting the amount very soon.

Lessons learnt: Take into account all the tax saving options before submitting the IT investment proof to the co.
They were quite fast in the previous years. I guess the delay this year is due to cross-checking with cash deposits after demonetization and other types of verification linked to it.

Even my status is the same though I have filed my return in the last week of July.
Old 21st September 2017, 12:52   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
It appears that ITD has been sending a lot of 143 1(a) notices https://www.bemoneyaware.com/blog/in...-notice-143-1/ . The notice is being sent when 80C investment claims are made in the return but they don't appear in Form 16 uploaded by the employer - so they're essentially cross verifying between Form 16 and the uploaded return.

My dad also received such a notice. His 80C investment was disallowed. He's in fact retired and not employed for the last 3 years , but his old employer has been uploading empty returns/salaries for the last few years . Obviously there's no mention of 80C in these empty returns , resulting in the notice.
An update on this.

After I disputed this adjustment and uploaded proof of 1.5 lacs investment under 80C, I today got the 143(1) notice showing the proof has been considered .

As a result , there will a refund initiated as well.
Old 21st September 2017, 13:41   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
They were quite fast in the previous years. I guess the delay this year is due to cross-checking with cash deposits after demonetization and other types of verification linked to it.

Even my status is the same though I have filed my return in the last week of July.
I filed my returns online on 28th July and I received a refund on the 29th of August. Ironically I also filed my wife's returns on the same day and she has yet to receive the refund.
Old 21st September 2017, 16:45   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I too am in the same boat and even my mother, who is retired person, got the notice. I have gone through my Form 16 multiple times but did not find any difference between what has been filled in the ITR and the form 16. The only other "income" I have is from my savings account interest and that has already been included. So not sure what exactly is the issue or where they are getting the additional income from
Finally today got an sms and an email saying my return has been processed. Racked my brains for 2-3 weeks trying to find out where the extra amount was coming from that the IT dept had pointed out. Finally after not finding any source of income as mentioned by the IT Dept, I disagreed to the notice. Was planning to visit the IT Dept office if another follow up notice came up but thankfully I guess that wont be needed now
Old 27th September 2017, 18:30   #1254
Senior - BHPian

ET reports that 200 techies from Hyderabad have been caught cheating the Government by making fraudulent claims under section 80D and 80DD of the IT Act. Cases under sections 406 and 420 of IPC have been registered against two tax practioners who have filed the returns on the techies' behalf.

The refunds credited as a result of these devious claims have now been repaid by the wrongdoers, states the report.

An excerpt:

Quote:
A chargesheet filed by Hyderabad Central Crime Station sleuths in the city criminal court has revealed that at least 200 information technology employees, faked disability and chronic illness... in order to fraudulently claim income tax refund.

CCS sleuths... found that two income tax practitioners processed the dubious I-T refund claims.

CS made the IT employees witnesses in the case as they repaid the amount they claimed after the income tax department served notices on them.

Explaining the modus operandi of the fraud, investigating officer Ram Kumar said, “Under Section 80 D and 80 DD of the Income Tax Act, refund can be claimed on medical grounds. The two accused approached IT employees and offered to process their claims to get tax refund by stating that their family members are patients of chronic illness. Each one of them got a rebate ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh. The accused took around 10 per cent commission from the IT employees. The total loss to the I-T department in these cases is Rs 1.36 crore. This is said to be only the tip of the iceberg. There could be several practitioners across the city and many employees resorting to this type of fraud.''... Police said the accused have been resorting to this type of cheating for the past five to six years.
Old 8th October 2017, 12:28   #1255
BHPian

I had filed my return in the last week of July and had successfully e verified the same day. There has been no change in the status since then, any one else in the same boat?
Old 8th October 2017, 13:38   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
I had filed my return in the last week of July and had successfully e verified the same day. There has been no change in the status since then, any one else in the same boat?
Yes same here. Even called them and also raised online complaint but at both places they said it's under process and no action needed from my side.
Just FYI, in my case the company I work for merged into another halfway through financial year.
Old 8th October 2017, 16:23   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Yes same here. Even called them and also raised online complaint but at both places they said it's under process and no action needed from my side.
Just FYI, in my case the company I work for merged into another halfway through financial year.
Thanks for confirming. Mine is a simple one, no change in jobs, no mergers, nothing. Strange they are taking so much of time, I raised a grievance with them, it was closed without any action/updates.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:46   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for confirming. Mine is a simple one, no change in jobs, no mergers, nothing. Strange they are taking so much of time, I raised a grievance with them, it was closed without any action/updates.
I filed during mid of August and the status is still "ITR-V received"
Old 11th October 2017, 08:00   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian

In case not done yet, we are required to update profile on the e-filing website. Details to be provided - address, pri/sec phone and mail id.

Login into the website to complete and it will ask you for the details upon login.
Old 11th October 2017, 11:18   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I filed during mid of August and the status is still "ITR-V received"
After processing of your ITRs at CPC, You will recieve an intimation u/s 143(1) which can be of following 3 types

1. Just intimation- if your income matches the form 16AS/16 data and you dont have any refund due.

2. Refund order- if your income matches the form 16AS/16 data and you have refund due.

3. Demand order- if your income doesn't match and a demand has arisen out of Addition of income.

The time limit for such intimation is before the expiry of 1 year from the F.Y. in which ITR was furnished i.e. 31/03/2019 in our case.

Once you receive the intimation, refund gets credited to your account within 15-20 days. And yes, you will receive interest on the amount.

Most Viewed