Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2008, 17:53   #1
LLL
BHPian

All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

Has anyone got income tax refund for last year? Specifically from Noida.
Old 6th February 2008, 18:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Not yet :( in Bangalore.
Old 6th February 2008, 18:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

There's a particular number that you can call and find out the status. Seems in Bangalore they have not got down to checking everyone's returns !!

My friend almost had to resort to RTI to find out the status !!!
Old 6th February 2008, 19:20   #4
LLL
BHPian

I think FM should allow us to deduct the tax refund from this years taxes. So IT dept doesnt have to send us anything and we dont have to wait for it.
Old 6th February 2008, 19:24   #5
BHPian

@LLL:- I am still waiting for the tax-refund for the previous FY..... so i guess it will take some more time....btw i am from noida too...
Old 31st October 2008, 11:30   #6
BANNED

Income Tax question

Hi all,

What is the criteria used in the Annual Information Report (AIR) of the Indian Income Tax Act?
Does share buyback by companies also come within the purview of the AIR?
Old 31st October 2008, 15:14   #7
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Try this
law.incometaxindia.gov.in

Doesn't look like it is for buyback of shares but haven't gone into detail....
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:13   #8
BANNED

Income Tax question?

I have query on HRA and Housing loan, if there are any tax consultants or auditors on this forum it would help.
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:22   #9
BHPian

Zaks,

Please post your query here. I am sure any of us here can help you on HRA and housing loan.
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:36   #10
BANNED

Can we claim both HRA and housing loan tax exemption at the same time.
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Can we claim both HRA and housing loan tax exemption at the same time.
I believe the answer is YES. If you have purchased the house in some other city (not the same city where you work), you can do that.
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:00   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
I believe the answer is YES. If you have purchased the house in some other city (not the same city where you work), you can do that.
No, It is for the first floor of our house.
Old 2nd February 2009, 11:03   #13
BHPian

irrespective of the city where you bought it, you can claim both. To increase your tax savings, show the i.t. department a loss. Eg - suppose you have let out the house for Rs.6,000, and the interest you pay is Rs. 10,000, you can show loss on house property Rs.4000, and that will also be exempted from tax.This way you can get an exempt for the 10,000 and the 4,000, thus saving more. Cheers.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:32   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday I got this email from NDSL. Has anyone else also got it and is this genuine? I do submit my IT returns online (through an IT advisory firm) so don't know what to make out of this.

If this is genuine, what is this meant for?

NOTE the from email address is: 26ASauto-reg [at] nsdl.co.in

Quote:

Dear XXXX

To enable you to view your tax credit statement (Form 26AS) online, the Income Tax Department (ITD) is undertaking a one time exercise to auto register you for this facility.

Your PAN and email details are as per the online income return filed by you.

Since the financial year is drawing to a close, you may be approaching the deductor for obtaining the TDS certificates. Form 26AS will enable you to take up the matter pertaining to any deficiencies in tax credit with your deductor at the time of taking the TDS certificate(s) at the end of the financial year. This would also ensure that complete and correct tax credit is available to you at the time of filing of the income tax return for the A.Y. 2010-11.

The tax credits appearing in Form 26AS are on the basis of details given by the deductors in the TDS / TCS statement filed by him. The same should be verified before claiming tax credit and only the amount which pertains to you should be claimed.

The tax credit available as per Form 26AS would be relied by the ITD while giving credit at the time of processing of your income tax return. Hence absence of credit will bind the officer to disallow excess credit.

You are requested to click on the below link to confirm that you wish to avail the auto-registration facility for online view of Form 26AS

https://onlineservices.tin.nsdl.com/TIN/autoRegistrationInputAction.do?decURL=xxxxxxxx

Auto registration facility[/FONT]
  • Auto registration facility will be provided for a limited period of time where a user can register free of cost to view Form 26AS (tax credit statement) online.
  • On confirmation an email containing login details will be forwarded in a password protected pdf file to this email id.
  • You can login at the NSDL-TIN website with the user id / password to view Form 26AS online.
  • On first login you will be prompted to change the password and provide new security question and answer.
NOTE:[/FONT]
  • You are requested to keep your user id / password in a secured manner.
  • It should not be shared with any other entity.
  • The password should be changed periodically.
  • ITD or NSDL will not be responsible for misuse of your user id / password.
Happy viewing your Tax Credit Statement.

On behalf of Tax Information Network of the Income Tax Department

Caution: Income Tax Department does not send e-mails regarding refunds and does not seek any taxpayer information like user name, password, details of ATM, bank accounts, credit cards, etc. Taxpayers are advised not to part with such information on the basis of emails.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th March 2010 at 09:34.
Old 12th March 2010, 10:22   #15
Team-BHP Support

I was pleasantly surprised when my wife received a cheque from the IT department for the tax refund for FY 2008-09. The cheque is valid for 90 days, and issued for an SBI account.

The refund for FY 2007-08 has still not come, and so i am surprised that they sent the refund for 2008-09.

Most Viewed