Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2008, 20:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

@hellcat:Can understand what you would have gone through ...iknow its frustrating!

Reliance wants to sell anything and everything on earth...they have made a big joke of themselves! with WIMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Lohith - why dont you try Tata Indicom Wimax. Check for its availability in your area. I have it at home and the speed is excellent. I initialy had the slow speed problems. The technicians set it right by pointing the antenna in right direction. No problems at all since then.

Also note that the antenna has be at the highest point possible on your house or you get bad signals.
Vikram its all about LUCK! if you are close by to the tower then you are lucky, even with relian.. few are happy as they stay very close to the tower.. or else its like looking for water in DESERT.. only mirages but nothing in real! hehe
Old 12th February 2008, 16:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

I think Airtel is the best for home broadband.
If planning to go for Tata Indicom Plug and Surf thingy, catch hold of some Tata Sky customer. They have been given a deal for Rs 1000+Rs 125 pm
Old 18th February 2008, 22:07   #33
BHPian

I would say, Airtel GPRS rocks. As long as you have 2 sticks out of 5, it will always work fine. If you are on the move, it will always work well. I never had any issues with Airtel GPRS when I went from Mumbai to Jammu even in 2004 when it was just there. It just always worked out of the box right till Punjab.

Try the GPRS (Mobile Office option) with an EDGE phone. You might just experience the best mobile connectivity.
Old 29th July 2008, 20:47   #34
F50
Senior - BHPian

How is the Reliance Broadband Service in Mumbai?

Edit: How is Airtel Broadband?

Someone is looking for internet connection, 500 per month, lower speeds(no option), unlimited usage.

Last edited by F50 : 29th July 2008 at 20:53.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post

Someone is looking for internet connection, 500 per month, lower speeds(no option), unlimited usage.
I use Airtel broadband here in Noida. 1499/month 512kbps unlimited. Uptime is more than 90%. Am reasonably happy. There is 256kbps unlimited plan too. Not sure about the cost. You can find it on the website
Old 29th July 2008, 22:20   #36
Senior - BHPian

Its working brilliantly for me so far.
Old 29th July 2008, 22:38   #37
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Its working brilliantly for me so far.
Reliance or Airtel?

Airtel - Rs. 500 pm, 64kbps (nearly makes no difference), unlimited.

Reliance - Rs. 500 odd, 75 kbps (again " ), unlimited.

I want to know,
1) How is the connectivity?
2) After Sales Service?
Old 29th July 2008, 22:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I use Airtel Broadband, 256 MBPS, unlimited data, Rs 180 worth of free calls. All this for Rs 805 pm. Works very well for me. My monthly data usage goes up to 25-30 GB at times so this was the best option for me. Zero downtime in 10 months.

Have not heard many good reviews of Reliance Wimax, hence did not go for it. Some common complaints that I heard -
1. Frequent downtime
2. Not possible to create a WiFi scenario at home
3. Speeds not amazing
4. Was *still* in soft launch/testing phase when I wanted to get it installed ~10 months ago

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 29th July 2008 at 22:44.
Old 29th July 2008, 22:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have the airtel combo 777, upto 2Mbps and 4 gb download limit plus rs 200 worth free calls per month. Always got real good speeds and hardly any downtime
Old 29th July 2008, 23:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Lohith - why dont you try Tata Indicom Wimax. Check for its availability in your area. I have it at home and the speed is excellent. I initialy had the slow speed problems. The technicians set it right by pointing the antenna in right direction. No problems at all since then.
Good until you need to upload something! Their upload speeds are slower than what a dialup connection can give.

After refusing to pay for a few months, they did change mine to give 512kbps upload, on a 1Mbps download plan. But, that lasted only couple of days, and it went back to its "normal" 1-3kbps upload speed. And this connection costs 4000+ every month. Eventually canceled.

Try not to go to either Tata Indicom or Reliance. Airtel works best if they are in your area, else BSNL. I have a BSNL connection at Kerala, and the exchange is almost 15 kilometers away, and that still works every day! Airtel and BSNL are the only two ISPs which work well for a vast majority of their users, rest of them cannot be described in language acceptable on the forum...

And yes, I try them all hoping to find something faster. Also on the Railtel waiting list.
Old 29th July 2008, 23:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

In fact, Reliance Wimax is the right now the only internet that is working properly for me.

To me:

1) Tata-VSNL : The less said the better.

2) You-tele : Give us 10-15 customers so that we will cross the High Tension line 50 mtrs. away from you.

3) Hathway : We are not in your locality.

4) Sify : Sorry you are out of locality.

5) BSNL : For me, their contention ratio was 10000 : 1. Its working every where, but not at my place.

6) Airtel : You are not in locality.

7) Airtel dial up using N73 : It works, but is slow, very, very slow. Dont dare to use it.

8) Reliance : Yes sir, we can provide you. Quite slow, but consistent. A
couple of hiccups came up recently, but still the best I have till now.
Old 29th July 2008, 23:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reliance or Airtel?

Airtel - Rs. 500 pm, 64kbps (nearly makes no difference), unlimited.

Reliance - Rs. 500 odd, 75 kbps (again " ), unlimited.

I want to know,
1) How is the connectivity?
2) After Sales Service?
Reliance. I paid 500 for installation which was deducted from my first bill. I'm using the unlimited 300 kbps plan for 999/month. I get download speeds of 32-35. I download a LOT and the connection is very good. It will get disconnected automatically after 24 hours which seems to be deliberate from their end. With TATA I couldn't depend on it for even a few hours and it used to work for only 12-13 hours in a day. If you think you'll be keeping your PC on for more than 24 hours, just disconnect and reconnect before the 24 hours are up so it will go on for 24 hours from that point.

The customer service is full of vernacular agents when you call in so it can be frustrating because they don't understand English too well. Not that I've had to call in too many times. Their website could offer more options. You have to call in if you want to change your plan instead of being able to do it online. They only accept online or cheque payments. The only time you can pay cash is if you don't pay after your due date they will send someone over to collect it. I think you should be able to pay cash at the Web World if you want to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks