Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 16:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Joined linked in and the Tbhp group. Thnx for the invite btirthankar.

How do i get linked with the other members? I see ajmat and many others but i cannot get linked to them as it asks for an email address.
Old 15th February 2008, 16:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Can anyone send me an invitation to join the Team-bhp group??
check the first message of this thread there is invitation sent by btirthankar, click on it.
Old 15th February 2008, 16:17   #18
BHPian

Thanks deepak, now that i have joined it says status pending!!! LOLS
Old 15th February 2008, 16:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Thanks deepak, now that i have joined it says status pending!!! LOLS
Thats ok, you will become a member once moderator of the group approves your request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Joined linked in and the Tbhp group. Thnx for the invite btirthankar.

How do i get linked with the other members? I see ajmat and many others but i cannot get linked to them as it asks for an email address.
I just added one contact.
The way to do this, is go to the members list and click on the person with whom you want to connect. This will show that particular persons profile and on the top right corner you will find a link for adding this person to your network, click on it (dont click other links).

Once you click on this link you will see multiple options for your contact with this person, select the radio button for "Groups & Associations".

Here again select "other" as option and type in Team BHP as the group and send the invitation. Once the other party accepts the connection you are linked to him.

Hope this helps.
Old 15th February 2008, 17:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

okie... just speaking my thought here: why have a separate group over there, either Linkid or orkut or anywhere else?

connecting to another TBHPian? Use the PM facility.

discussion something? Use the forum!

I do not get the idea! Can anyone tell me what is it I am missing here? :-S
Old 15th February 2008, 19:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Its for business networking. We know so many BHPians here but only as part of Team-Bhp. Its a good idea to include them in your business networks too. You can not do that thru TBHP as of now.
Old 15th February 2008, 22:35   #22
BHPian

We have Crossed 50 today on Linkedin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Man, have a look at the members list of Team-BHP group on Linkedin (LinkedIn: Relationships Matter).

After a some time you will find who's who of most of the Information Technology Industry there. Good to see fellow bhpians there, this groups seems to be a good resource for professional networking between people who have a common interest like Tem-BHP binding us there.

I would advise fellow team bhpians to subscribe to this group as soon as possible. Who knows when one may have to rely on this group for furthering their career.
Fellow Patrons, We have Crossed 50 on Linked today in a week.

I have been regularly checking the invites (5-6 times a day) and have not kept anyone waiting. This invite on tbhp ensures only tbhp members can do the logo.

But as and always we have to follow linkedin norms to get to connect to each other for other purposes.
Old 15th February 2008, 23:07   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
I have been regularly checking the invites (5-6 times a day) and have not kept anyone waiting. This invite on tbhp ensures only tbhp members can do the logo.
Can't non-members guests click on the link?
Old 16th February 2008, 00:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

My membership is still pending!!!!!

EDIT: Approved now!

Last edited by amtak : 16th February 2008 at 00:59.
Old 17th February 2008, 10:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
okie... just speaking my thought here: why have a separate group over there, either Linkid or orkut or anywhere else?

connecting to another TBHPian? Use the PM facility.

discussion something? Use the forum!

Team-BHP is for discussions about automobiles where as Linkedin is for professional networking, its going to be the next level of recruitment place and is picking up in India.

Just search through their jobs section, you will find good amount of senior level positions getting advertised there which are not necessarily advertised in other forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Can't non-members guests click on the link?
Samurai,
you need to have a account on Linkedin to join this group. If you are a working professional, I would suggest join Linkedin, in coming years you will find Linkedin rivalling most of hte job sites like naurki.com and monster.com.
Old 17th February 2008, 11:50   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Samurai,
you need to have a account on Linkedin to join this group. If you are a working professional, I would suggest join Linkedin, in coming years you will find Linkedin rivalling most of the job sites like naurki.com and monster.com.
I meant to say even non Team-BHPians can click on the link given in post#1 and become part of Team-BHP community in Linkedin. But I like to keep my personal life in forums separate from my work life. Team-BHP group in Linkedin will not help me in that.
Old 17th February 2008, 11:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

btirthankar

I was wondering who it was that had sent me that LinkedIn invite, but now I know.

However, I really dont see how a TBHP group on LinkedIn is going to be useful - LinkedIn is a PROFESSIONAL networking facility and anything related to Hobbies does not belong there.

In any case, Team BHP is an online forum - what is the point in creating another online forum/group to represent an online forum?
Old 17th February 2008, 12:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
btirthankar

I was wondering who it was that had sent me that LinkedIn invite, but now I know.

However, I really dont see how a TBHP group on LinkedIn is going to be useful - LinkedIn is a PROFESSIONAL networking facility and anything related to Hobbies does not belong there.

In any case, Team BHP is an online forum - what is the point in creating another online forum/group to represent an online forum?
with you Steer....exactly my words. When Team-bhp is already accessible online so easily and conveniently, what's the point in creating a special group for the same purpose?

Last edited by Jayabusa : 17th February 2008 at 12:18.
Old 17th February 2008, 14:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Sir, have judiciously done that first thing even before anything. He assented it.

Now u can see the list growing:

click here
Hey tirthankar ! i got registered and i suppose you are the manager of this group and does it require any pre approval as it shows my account as pending

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 17th February 2008 at 14:33.
Old 18th February 2008, 11:34   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
btirthankar

This Linkedin - TBHP integration will help all of us immensely. As businesses are growing, so are our contact database. Sometimes it pays a lot if your client comes out to have something in common with you. (U can judge their wavelength)

Linked members are serious networkers. They know the benefits of networking , of realizing that every connection gives them access to hundreds of professionals. Add to that - a TBHP badge and you have a value added profile.

Most Viewed