Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 23:23   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright! Our compatriot is now back home where he belongs. And in light of that, this thread also has come a full circle.
Old 8th March 2008, 03:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Freed Indian (Kashmir Singh) speaks out against government

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News

No wonder, Kashmir and his wife are bitter. In the Chandigarh Press Club for an open discussion with the media this afternoon, Kashmir said alive to the reality of death in the jails he had no idea that the government of India was not taking care of his family. “It was only upon my return, I realised that everything had changed, except for my family’s circumstances”, he said.[/SIZE][/FONT]

In a flat dreary voice, he added: “All this talk about getting prisoners back is only on the papers. In reality, the government made no efforts to secure my return. It was only because of human rights minister that my 35-year-long captivity came to an end in one-and-a-half months since his intervention”.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Punjab

After 35 years the Punjab Government decide to give him and his wife a monthly allowance and his physically challenged son a job.

What an utter disgrace the successive governments have been. The guy gave 35 years of his life for India and India gave his family nothing.

Last edited by bigman : 8th March 2008 at 03:17.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed