Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2005, 00:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Is Narain Karthikeyan really a responsible driver?

I just saw the new advertisment by speed petrol in which narain is driving this optra around in a crazy manner trying to scare the females in the back. AND IM AMAZED! how did one of the biggest fuel companies in india went ahead with production of such a stupid advt? The totally reckless manner in which narain is driving on public roads among traffic is so shameful.. when rather they should be promoting safe driving they go on and encourage such stupid antics on tv with a guy who is supposed to be a national idol when it comes to indian motorsports! such irressponsibility is very very shocking. my respect for narain is down the drain.
Old 27th January 2005, 01:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude thats an Ad...

Dont get it so personal...

Only foolish people can get influenced by that circus Narain does,,,others like us play it safe when we got female company...
Old 27th January 2005, 01:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

its not about taking it personal, its about being sensible. and as far as female company is concerned, hell i wouldnt even overspeed unless im chasing someone who thinks he's a better driver.. at that time female or no female.. the co-passenger is non existent lol.
Old 27th January 2005, 01:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

I think one really has to get so frustrated that it pushes you to drive like that like Narains does.....and Im sure Narain is frustrated...guess with what???? His AGE!!!!!!!hahaaaaaa,a,aaa
Old 27th January 2005, 02:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

And did you guys see that front wheel drive Optra do a rwd power slide, laying rubber with it's rear wheels? Amazing man, how did Narain manage such an impossible feat? LOL

BTW, there's this 5-7 min BMW movie called "Star" where Madonna plays this arrogant celebrity "like the female in the ad" and Clive Owen takes her for a jolly ride in his M5 finally making her wet her pants. LOL

This ad is a direct rip of that movie.

Go to the site and download those movies. They're of very good quality. And the stunts are out of this world. What makes it even interesting is that all the BMW cars featured in these movies, did those stunts """in stock trim""", no modifications what so ever.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 27th January 2005 at 02:06.
Old 27th January 2005, 02:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

yeah i have all of those movies and star is my personal favorite .. love the part when his car flies over the bridge in slo-mo and then bang! rocking again...
Old 27th January 2005, 08:03   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
how did one of the biggest fuel companies in india went ahead with production of such a stupid advt? The totally reckless manner in which narain is driving on public roads among traffic is so shameful.. when rather they should be promoting safe driving

I agree with you on this. Good enough reason for any fool to try the same thing on the road.

By the way, Optra was looking very uncomfortable doing that
Old 27th January 2005, 08:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
I agree with you on this. Good enough reason for any fool to try the same thing on the road.

Seeing this advertisement...every fool on the road will think he can do it better than narain. Total irresponsibility on part of BP and narain.

Drifter
Old 27th January 2005, 09:54   #9
Team-BHP Support

You can stop the ad by writing to the advertising council of India. I stopped the Hyundai Santro ad where two kids flagging down a santro and behold sharukh was driving-since kids will start flagging down cars expecting a shahrukh but may end up confronting a molestor. You need to state reason and times of ad and on which channel.
Old 27th January 2005, 09:56   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen

By the way, Optra was looking very uncomfortable doing that

Car obviously drifted, stopped, then restarted, there is no way the car could do all that in one movement
Old 27th January 2005, 09:58   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
And did you guys see that front wheel drive Optra do a rwd power slide, laying rubber with it's rear wheels? Amazing man, how did Narain manage such an impossible feat? LOL

Camera editing !

Go to the site and download those movies. They're of very good quality. And the stunts are out of this world. What makes it even interesting is that all the BMW cars featured in these movies, did those stunts """in stock trim""", no modifications what so ever.

Shan2nu

The traction control of the M5 was switched off
Old 27th January 2005, 10:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

Narain could use some attention, his performance in the Nissan Superfund series hasn't been any good. How many years has he been in the same championship, without having won, all the rookies come in and win the championship and move on to better things. This is despite having full fledged backing by Tata Motors. I think it was irresponsible on part of the ad agency which was incharge of the ad. BP seems to have gotten high on it's Speed anyways.

I wonder why there was no Season 3 for the BMW Films?
Old 27th January 2005, 10:26   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
I wonder why there was no Season 3 for the BMW Films?

They are in the busines of selling cars not trashing them ! Takes about three cars destroyed to make a full fledge film

First film with the 7 series used a car half cut away for the interior shots + god knows how many smashed up

The Madonna films used a right hand drive car - used by the stunt driver with a dummy steering for Clive Owen to "act" - no doubt the stunt driver was visually erased by the "rudras and shantanus o" of the world of film editing
Old 27th January 2005, 11:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Madonna films used a right hand drive car - used by the stunt driver with a dummy steering for Clive Owen to "act" - no doubt the stunt driver was visually erased by the "rudras and shantanus o" of the world of film editing
Yup, and he was the same stunt guy, who made Robert De Niro look like a pro in the famous car chase in the movie "Ronin". Robert never really drove that car, he was using a dummy steering. But it's very effective since you can actually see the actor in the car, making it look very natural.

Shan2nu
Old 27th January 2005, 11:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

:WTF: ,

guys wats happening to u all.
cmon its just an advertisement.its just BPCL's way of saying that Speed can improve ur performance.
there are so many ads that show so many other impossible things.

if u see the recent Jeep Grand Cherokee promotion by DC, it had that vehicle climbing up the walls of a 30-storey buliding.so according to all u guys who have criticised Narain,some fool will also try to climb another building using his Jeep.

also,i f u see the Toyota Land Cruiser advertisement ,it shows it going up on rails and then balance it self as if on a see-saw
now dont tell me that ,someone will try it on his SUV after seeing this advertisement.

all i have to say is that narain has not done anything wrong and i really feel sorry for all those guys who have criticized him

satya

Most Viewed