Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2014, 16:39   #526
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

@condor, following is what http://www.indianrail.gov.in/refund_Rules.html says :

If a Waitlisted/RAC ticket is presented for cancellation, refund of fare shall be admissible after deducting the clerkage.

(i) The ticket is presented for cancellation upto three hours after the actual departure of the train irrespective of the distance.

(ii) No refund of fare shall be granted on RAC ticket /Waitlisted ticket after three hours of the actual departure of the train.
Old 12th May 2014, 11:42   #527
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What happens to a RAC ticket in case of no-show ?
Can I still go for 50% refund ? Or is it full refund (less the processing charges) ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@condor, following is what http://www.indianrail.gov.in/refund_Rules.html says :

If a Waitlisted/RAC ticket is presented for cancellation, refund of fare shall be admissible after deducting the clerkage.

(i) The ticket is presented for cancellation upto three hours after the actual departure of the train irrespective of the distance.

(ii) No refund of fare shall be granted on RAC ticket /Waitlisted ticket after three hours of the actual departure of the train.
@ SupremeBaleno:

Your reply is valid only for the tickets booked at the counter.In case of e-tickets, you need to login in to your account and file for a refund citing the appropriate reason.

Waseem.
Old 12th May 2014, 14:04   #528
Senior - BHPian

Irrespective of whether the ticket was booked online or at a reservation counter, the same refund rules apply. And condor's query was about the refund he will get.
Old 13th May 2014, 10:24   #529
BHPian

I'm in heaven. Did tatkal booking in 2 minutes today. Website roared like a Mustang.
Old 13th May 2014, 10:55   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
I'm in heaven. Did tatkal booking in 2 minutes today. Website roared like a Mustang.
I have been trying for the last 50 mins. Sadly do NOT feel any roaring!
Old 13th May 2014, 11:03   #531
Senior - BHPian

Took me 1 hour to get Tatkal tickets booked last Saturday. Royal pain. :(

@drivingme.crazy, that is awesome quick.
Old 13th May 2014, 12:27   #532
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I have been trying for the last 50 mins. Sadly do NOT feel any roaring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Could you tell me which card / mode did you use to book the tickets? I tried with Union Bank Debit card and after the cash was deducted, the page simply froze and that too twice !! Now the wait starts for refund!

It's pathetic to see such infrastructure to serve the country's citizens!

Edit:: Could anyone tell which card / bank has the MOST / BEST success rate for IRCTC?
Old 13th May 2014, 12:31   #533
Senior - BHPian

^^^IRCTC categorizes the cards on basis of success-rate as Gold, Silver etc on the page where you choose the payment option.
SBI-Netbanking is rated high by them and from my experience of using it for sometime now, it indeed is good.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 13th May 2014 at 12:32.
Old 13th May 2014, 12:31   #534
Senior - BHPian

Couple of observations.

1. The website seems to load and respond faster on mobile than on a PC/laptop during morning hours.
2. There is nothing lite about the new lite version. It still goes to the same page after logging in and still takes the same time.
3. I have tried with ICICI net banking and SBI net banking and it works fine with both. Tried with credit cards and no luck.

The MOST important thing, do not forget to pray to god before you login and thank the god after you login. Else, you will be punished severly at the next login. (PUN Intended)

Last edited by dass : 13th May 2014 at 12:34.
Old 13th May 2014, 12:34   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could anyone tell which card / bank has the MOST / BEST success rate for IRCTC?
I have seen IRCTC categorizing each bank based on the success rate. I guess the highest success rate is for SBI & HDFC I guess.
Old 13th May 2014, 12:42   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Could you tell me which card / mode did you use to book the tickets?
I used my notebook & Citi credit card. I always use the same and tried yesterday too. Amount was deducted but ticket was not confirmed. Today it worked fine. Sheer luck I guess.
Old 13th May 2014, 13:03   #537
Senior - BHPian

Certain days are high demand (eg. for travel on Fridays/Sundays, start/end of long weekends etc) and thus load would be high and time taken would usually be more to login, transact and get out.

drivingme.crazy booked today for travel tomorrow which being mid-week is a lean day and thus comparitively less demand. But still, 2 minutes for Tatkal is REAL quick.
Old 13th May 2014, 14:45   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
...But still, 2 minutes for Tatkal is REAL quick.
2 Minutes & 25 Seconds to be precise, according to the e-ticket. If you consider the switch to bank's site and back to IRCTC, the whole booking experience is much quicker.

By the folks, what time do you normally login to book tatkal tickets? I think that matters the most in the 'Art of Tatkal Booking @ IRCTC'.

Now the site is back at it's usual self.
Old 3rd June 2014, 11:13   #539
Senior - BHPian

Now tatkal booking seems lightning fast with 'Experience the new lightweight version of website during tatkal hours'. I could log in to my account and search at lightning speed at 10.30 hrs! Earlier, even my login used to be dead slow at 10.45 hrs.
Old 5th June 2014, 08:52   #540
Senior - BHPian

My recent experience

Tried booking tatkal tickets for my mom for Delhi- Mumbai Rajdhani 3 AC on 31st May and 01st June

Day 1.
Was logged in and started booking, filled all details at 1000 hrs itself
Went to AXIS bank payment gateway, which asked all details
Filled credit card details
Waited for pin code on SMS
Entered that
A white plain page appeared for two minutes and there was nothing on it.
Finally redirected to IRCTC site with confirmation of booking
Time - 10:04 AM
Status - Wait List 41
Waited till 12 noon next day the WL was at 17, wasnt sure if it will confirm, so cancelled it. As mom had to travel around 150 kms to reach Delhi and it made sense only if the ticket was confirmed.

Day 2
Started booking at sharp 10:00 AM
Went to payment
Selected SBI Netbanking
SBI, first asked me to login
Then it asked me to click OK to agree to pay
Then it asked me to confirm on the payment
All of these pages had some waiting time too (may be max connections per second limit)
By the time I was redirected to IRCTC, it was 10:03 AM and the seats were booked with Wait List 37.

Waited till 1 PM this time on the next day the WL was at 17, wasnt sure if it will confirm, so cancelled this ticket too. As mom had to travel around 150 kms to reach Delhi and it made sense only if the ticket was confirmed.

I gave up hope of tatkal, will try flight Or will book in advance.

Is there any way we can enter bank details in advance (or our profile) and its just one click for us to pay?

Last edited by tanwaramit : 5th June 2014 at 08:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks