Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 17:04   #361
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

One tip: There is a mobile version of the site which is much faster than the regular version. This works fine on Android.

It should work better when the loads are high on the server.
Try that next time you need a tatkal ticket.
Here is the explanation: https://www.irctc.co.in/beta_htmls/index.htm
To be honest, the site is much better after the last announcement which prevented agents from logging in during tatkal time slot.
Old 28th June 2012, 17:15   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Times of India Publications

I read this, and it reminded me of stories from soviet russia, where every working class guy always carried a bag so that if he found ANYTHING available, he could pick up as many of it as he could, just in case.
And that you joined any line that you saw, Just in case.
Pathetic!
Old 28th June 2012, 21:56   #363
Senior - BHPian

How do they tweak the system. Beyond me.

Exposed: The big Railway Tatkal ticket scam - India News - IBNLive
Old 29th June 2012, 19:04   #364
Senior - BHPian

Railways is considering to allow booking only one ticket per ip address.

Tatkal booking time is changed from 10 am to 12 pm !

Railway to have separate timing, counters for Tatkal tickets - India News - IBNLive

-Ravi
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:21   #365
BHPian

Guys,

Need some help! This morning when I logged into my irctc account, I realized that I wasn't able to book any tickets.

I am able to log in and check my PNR status of already booked tickets but, when I try to book a new one, it says account suspended. Last ticket booked was yesterday.

Have been using this account for more than a year and all details in my profile is authentic. Anybody else facing this issue or anyone got a solution.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains-irctc-account-suspended.png  

Old 2nd July 2012, 13:21   #366
Senior - BHPian

Do you have another IRCTC account where you have given the same mobile number ? If so, this can happen. They are weeding out duplicate accounts and are ensuring that a mobile number is not used for more than 1 a/c. If you have 2 a/cs with same mobile number, you would need to change the mobile# in one of them to some other number.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:25   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Guys,

Need some help! This morning when I logged into my irctc account, I realized that I wasn't able to book any tickets.

I am able to log in and check my PNR status of already booked tickets but, when I try to book a new one, it says account suspended. Last ticket booked was yesterday.
I just checked and my account is also suspended. Don't know why.

Edit: Tried to update my contact details and it doesn't even let me change those details as my account is suspended. I have been using this ( and only this ) account for the past 10 years and IRCTC decided to suspend my account without even informing me or giving me a reason for it and no mention of how to revoke the suspension.

Last edited by Newpunter : 2nd July 2012 at 13:37.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:56   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Railways is considering to allow booking only one ticket per ip address.

Tatkal booking time is changed from 10 am to 12 pm !

Railway to have separate timing, counters for Tatkal tickets - India News - IBNLive

-Ravi
Not considering. Already implemented.
They are allowing only two tickets to be booked per ip from 8AM to 10AM.

Not only that. There is a cap on the number of tickets a person can book in a month. I think it is fixed at 10.

But I think as long as railway insiders are hands in glove with the touts there will be no respite.
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:06   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Do you have another IRCTC account where you have given the same mobile number ? If so, this can happen.
I do have another account but that's in my dads name. the only thing common in both user profiles is the residential address.
surprisingly, both accounts are suspended.
further i am unable to make any changes to the profile.
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:47   #370
BHPian

My account is still active.
What I have noticed is that the site is super fast right now.

I hope it remains this way.

-Fillmore
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:00   #371
Senior - BHPian

Well, shocked to read that accounts are getting disabled for no apparent reasons.
I logged in and the account is fine. However the site was very slow to log me in and do anything after that.
Are the changes mentioned above going to be implemented from 10 July?
It would be interesting to see the site performance after that.
Old 2nd July 2012, 17:53   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
They are allowing only two tickets to be booked per ip from 8AM to 10AM.
My IP address changes everytime i connect to the internet(i check it in ip-lookup.net). So if i log-out, disconnect and then reconnect and log-in using another id, i can book another ticket right?

Or maybe i am wrong somewhere?

PS: am not an agent, by the way
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:44   #373
Oxy
BHPian

A couple of days ago, I had to book some 4 Rajdhani tickets. The fare came to around 10,000 INR.

I paid by credit card and the bank charged me some 200 INR as transaction fee, which I think is a ripoff since this is not charged when you book over the counter.

Is there a way to avoid this charge? I heard that paying by netbanking works out fine, since the charge in that case levied by the bank is Rs. 10. I don't seem to be having that option too since my account is with Citibank, and I couldn't find that mentioned on their list of banks with which netbanking is available.
Old 2nd July 2012, 19:00   #374
Senior - BHPian

^^^CreditCards charge 1.65% to 1.8%. Only AXIS PG has it as 1.65%, rest are at 1.8%.

You could use your CitiDebit card, but no savings there too, since they charge "Transaction charges of Rs.10/- or 1.8% whichever is higher + Service Tax as applicable".
All other banks charge only Rs10 per transaction for Debit cards.

Using Netbanking would be the cheapest, with IDBI, PNB, Federal, IndusInd & BOB being free, while the rest charge Rs10-Rs15 per transaction.
Old 2nd July 2012, 20:34   #375
Senior - BHPian

"A verification call may be made for the bookings done between 8:00 am to 8:15 am to verify userid, pnr, passenger mobile number and passenger details.
Any misleading information may lead to cancellation of e-ticket and an appropriate legal action"

As displayed in irctc homepage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks