Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2014, 11:05   #481
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Guys,

Need your guidance.

I am planning to book a ticket from Mysore to Chennai. I can see the availability. Now instead of making the boarding at Mysore, Can I change the boarding point to Bangalore, even though I booked the ticket from Mysore.

Can seasoned travellers confirm the same ? Will my ticket will be still valid ?

This option is being explored for senior citizen.

Appreciate your help
Old 17th January 2014, 11:31   #482
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys,

Need your guidance.

I am planning to book a ticket from Mysore to Chennai. I can see the availability. Now instead of making the boarding at Mysore, Can I change the boarding point to Bangalore, even though I booked the ticket from Mysore.

Appreciate your help
Its not clear where you are staying and from where you are going to actually board the train - Bangalore or mysore?

If you choose Boarding point as Bangalore, then the tickets will booked from Bangalore quota although you are paying money from Mysore to Chennai.
For e.g. From Mysore boarding point you may have available tickets to chennai, but from Bangalore boarding point tickets may be waitlisted.
In that case, if you choose Bangalore as option, you will get a waitlisted ticket.

So, if you are living in bangalore and planning to board train from bangalore, it doesn't make sense to buy ticket from Mysore. But I can give you a tip. If the tickets in bangalore are waitlisted, and if tickets from previous station Kengeri/Maddur is available, you can book it from there as boarding point. The TTE waits for one next station to see if the passenger didn't board the train on original boarding point, before allocating it to RAC passenger or others.But this option has some risk too to lose the seat/berth, so decide based on your requirement.

-Ravi
Old 17th January 2014, 11:41   #483
BANNED

Post edited: Back to back posts. Please wait for moderator approval to EDIT the original post, instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks.

http://indiarailinfo.com/faq/post/88

This will be of great to you @lambuhere1

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th January 2014 at 12:09.
Old 17th January 2014, 12:45   #484
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Need your guidance.

Appreciate your help
If you wish to change the boarding point of an already booked ticket, you need to go to the railway station and get it done, atleast 24 hours before the scheduled date of journey. Carry ID cards of all the passengers.

Last edited by Oxy : 17th January 2014 at 12:46.
Old 17th January 2014, 13:01   #485
BHPian

@ Ravib, Hyperretard, Oxy : Thanks a ton guys

Oxy : This is a yet to be booked ticket online. Not an already booked one.
Old 17th January 2014, 13:27   #486
BHPian

This morning (10:30 - 12:30) the irctc site was found to be hopelessly slow. Did anyone else have this problem?
Old 17th January 2014, 13:29   #487
BANNED

Quote:
@ Ravib, Hyperretard, Oxy : Thanks a ton guys

Oxy : This is a yet to be booked ticket online. Not an already booked one.

Then just change the boarding station to Bangalore.

AFAIK, there are two distinct options as to point of origin and point of boarding.
Old 17th January 2014, 13:53   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Need your guidance.

Appreciate your help
You can change the boarding from Mysore to Bangalore.Please see the pic which if self explanatory.
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains-irir.png  

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 17th January 2014 at 13:56.
Old 17th January 2014, 14:34   #489
BHPian

@HyperRetard, Silverwood : Thanks a ton buddy.

If I do the way it is listed, will the ticket be booked under BLR quota or Mysore quota ? Do the senior citizen face any hicups in this aspect ?

Love you guys
Old 17th January 2014, 15:29   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Its not clear where you are staying and from where you are going to actually board the train - Bangalore or mysore?

If you choose Boarding point as Bangalore, then the tickets will booked from Bangalore quota although you are paying money from Mysore to Chennai.
For e.g. From Mysore boarding point you may have available tickets to chennai, but from Bangalore boarding point tickets may be waitlisted.
In that case, if you choose Bangalore as option, you will get a waitlisted ticket.
Quote:

If I do the way it is listed, will the ticket be booked under BLR quota or Mysore quota ? Do the senior citizen face any hicups in this aspect ?

Love you guys
Ravi, that is not quite right. If you book a ticket from Mysore but put boarding point as Bangalore while booking, the Mysore quota will be used and not the Bangalore one. Hence in case lambhuhere books it from Mysore, where seats are available, he will get a confirmed ticket even if Bangalore quota is full. The quota of starting station is exhausted even if you put boarding point as some intermediate station.
Old 17th January 2014, 16:16   #491
Senior - BHPian

The irctc website is generally overloaded during peak hours like 8am or 10am when tatkaal booking starts.

How are the alternate booking channels such as mobile ? Are they any better during these times ?

https://www.irctc.co.in/beta_htmls/SMS_USSD.html
Old 17th January 2014, 16:22   #492
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Ravi, that is not quite right. If you book a ticket from Mysore but put boarding point as Bangalore while booking, the Mysore quota will be used and not the Bangalore one. Hence in case lambhuhere books it from Mysore, where seats are available, he will get a confirmed ticket even if Bangalore quota is full. The quota of starting station is exhausted even if you put boarding point as some intermediate station.
This is not correct. I have experienced this personally. The quota is decided based on the boarding point.

Quote:

Love you guys
It will be BLR quota. If you are looking to book for senior citizens, do check the lower berth quota. Only thing is, you would have to book seperate tickets for each senior citizen. More details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2986936
Old 17th January 2014, 16:51   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
If you book a ticket from Mysore but put boarding point as Bangalore while booking, the Mysore quota will be used and not the Bangalore one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The quota is decided based on the boarding point.It will be BLR quota.
I thought Railways had done away with boarding point quota. Do they still have it?
Old 17th January 2014, 19:03   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
This is not correct. I have experienced this personally. The quota is decided based on the boarding point.
I had a similar experience. The quota is always based on the boarding point.
Old 29th January 2014, 13:14   #495
Senior - BHPian

Booked a ticket on irctc and did not receive any confirmation mail. I think their mail server is not working.

Received a SMS and I can see my e-ticket on the irctc site though.

Also, railways have started a dynamic pricing scheme http://zeenews.india.com/business/ne...now_91192.html

Last edited by sdp1975 : 29th January 2014 at 13:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks