Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2014, 14:55   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

For the past few days, I have been facing a wierd issue with IRCTC website. I keep getting the
"Your session has expired. This error occured because you used the Back/Refresh/Forward buttons or double-clicked on any options or kept the window idle for long".

Ofcourse this happens without my doing any of the above. Infact sometimes it comes just after I entered the login credentials. This keeps coming so frequently that a simple task of cancelling a ticket can take 15-20 tries before it works. It is irritating, and that is being benign. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 31st January 2014 at 15:08.
Old 31st January 2014, 15:19   #497
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
For the past few days, I have been facing a wierd issue with IRCTC website. I keep getting the
"Your session has expired. This error occured because you used the Back/Refresh/Forward buttons or double-clicked on any options or kept the window idle for long".

Ofcourse this happens without my doing any of the above. Infact sometimes it comes just after I entered the login credentials. This keeps coming so frequently that a simple task of cancelling a ticket can take 15-20 tries before it works. It is irritating, and that is being benign. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Are you opening irctc from your company? If so, then it is a problem with the network management, where a common public IP is shared among many users to access the servers on the internet.

Basically the server identifies who is trying to connect based on the unique port even if they use the same public ip. But beyond a limit the server logs out user from a particular IP address owing to security concerns.
Old 31st January 2014, 19:15   #498
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Thanks, Mr_Bean. Indeed this was while trying from office network. Will try from my home and see if the issue is seen.
Old 1st February 2014, 14:13   #499
Senior - BHPian

Tried IRCTC from home yesterday night and today and did not face the issue even once. So looks like the reason is what Mr_Bean mentioned.
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:09   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Tried IRCTC from home yesterday night and today and did not face the issue even once. So looks like the reason is what Mr_Bean mentioned.
supremeBaleno - This is true for even the Passport site. I tried booking an appointment from my office network and kept facing one error or another. In certain instances the site used to time-out and in certain other instances I used to get an error message saying that the appointment is already full and that used to be barely within 2 minutes of logging in. Then I googled about this issue and then realised that it could be better to book from a PC rather than from an office type network. Lo and behold the problem disappeared.
Old 17th February 2014, 09:46   #501
BHPian

Seating Layout info in Puri - YPR Garib rath express

Guys,

Need a quick help in the seating layout of Puri - Yeshwantpur garib rath express.

I have booked seats for my father on the said train. Couple of questions exists on the seating layout in Puri - YPR garib rath express.

1. Do we still have "Side" Middle berth on the said train ?

2. My first booking gave me a berth number of 35 as MB [ Middle Berth ], which doesn't fit in the conventional logic of 8 berths per cabin section. Thought I made a mistake or the system made a mistake, booked another ticket, which gave me berth number 38 as MB [ Middle Berth ] , which "might" fit in the new logic of 9 berths per cabin section to get me berth number 38 as middle berth.

Can anyone who recently travelled in the said train please let me know if 35 or 38 are the middle berths.

Googling gave me two options for garib rath seating layout. This creates a lot of confusion in mind. Which layout is the correct one ?

Any help guys on this aspect.

Appreciate your help

Source of information of layout 1

http://www.erail.in/downloads/SeatLayout.htm

Layout 2 information is from indiamike
Attached Thumbnails
Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains-erail_garib_rath_layout.jpg  

Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains-3a-garib-rath_______.jpg  

Old 17th February 2014, 11:07   #502
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Seating Layout info in Puri - YPR Garib rath express

Guys,

Need a quick help in the seating layout of Puri - Yeshwantpur garib rath express.

I have booked seats for my father on the said train. Couple of questions exists on the seating layout in Puri - YPR garib rath express.

1. Do we still have "Side" Middle berth on the said train ?

2. My first booking gave me a berth number of 35 as MB [ Middle Berth ], which doesn't fit in the conventional logic of 8 berths per cabin section. Thought I made a mistake or the system made a mistake, booked another ticket, which gave me berth number 38 as MB [ Middle Berth ] , which "might" fit in the new logic of 9 berths per cabin section to get me berth number 38 as middle berth.

Can anyone who recently travelled in the said train please let me know if 35 or 38 are the middle berths.

Googling gave me two options for garib rath seating layout. This creates a lot of confusion in mind. Which layout is the correct one ?

Any help guys on this aspect.

Appreciate your help

Source of information of layout 1

http://www.erail.in/downloads/SeatLayout.htm

Layout 2 information is from indiamike
Yes, all Garib Raths still have the side middles. This is why the fares are considerably cheaper compared to the normal 3 tier AC class ticket.

The layout is like this:

Side berths |4 5 6|

UB |3 7|
MB |2 8|
LB |1 9| .... and so on.

If you calculate using the above, you'll find that seat numbers 35 and 38 are indeed middle berths.

Last edited by Oxy : 17th February 2014 at 11:12.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:34   #503
Team-BHP Support

Guys, one query. Wanted to book a ticket for 20th April for which, the slot opened today. But I am unable to book a ticket! It returns this error:

Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains-1.png

ARP implies Advanced Reservation Period, Google says. So, if the slot has opened, why does it return this error? I suppose I may be able to book a ticket tomorrow then?

Can someone confirm at what time, the online bookings open? Is it 8:00 AM?

Many thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Yes, all Garib Raths still have the side middles. This is why the fares are considerably cheaper compared to the normal 3 tier AC class ticket.
Besides, we have to pay for the blankets/bed-rolls additionally, apart from the train fare.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:50   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Guys, one query. Wanted to book a ticket for 20th April for which, the slot opened today...

ARP implies Advanced Reservation Period
The IR website says thus:
Quote:
Advance reservations are made generally up to 60 days in advance for all classes and all trains. The period of advance reservation (ARP) is exclusive of the day of departure of the train.
To travel on 20th April, the ARP begins on 25th April.

Quote:
First day booking always begins at 08:00hrs IST - for online as well as over the counter bookings.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:58   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Besides, we have to pay for the blankets/bed-rolls additionally, apart from the train fare.
IRCTC now has an option where one can pay additional 25Rs for bed-rolls when you book the tickets.

Waseem.
Old 17th February 2014, 12:14   #506
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, one query. Wanted to book a ticket for 20th April for which, the slot opened today. But I am unable to book a ticket! It returns this error:

Attachment 1208829

ARP implies Advanced Reservation Period, Google says. So, if the slot has opened, why does it return this error? I suppose I may be able to book a ticket tomorrow then?

Many thanks in advance!
Yes, it will open at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning.
Old 17th February 2014, 12:43   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, one query.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
To travel on 20th April, the ARP begins on 25th April.
To travel on 20th April, the ARP begins on 19th Feb, as 19th will be exactly 60 days away from April 20th. Pasted the wrong content in my post earlier. Sorry for posting the wrong content in a haste.
Old 17th February 2014, 12:59   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The layout is like this:

Side berths |4 5 6|

UB |3 7|
MB |2 8|
LB |1 9| .... and so on.

If you calculate using the above, you'll find that seat numbers 35 and 38 are indeed middle berths.
Oxy, Thanks a ton buddy for your clarification.

I was under the impression that the numbering will be same as the regular numbering , meaning berths 4, 5 and 6 will be in the main cubicle and the other numbers 7, 8, 9 will be the side ones. Scared the hell out of me.

Appreciate your help
Old 17th February 2014, 13:21   #509
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
To travel on 20th April, the ARP begins on 19th Feb, as 19th will be exactly 60 days away from April 20th. Pasted the wrong content in my post earlier. Sorry for posting the wrong content in a haste.
The bookings for 19th April are already underway today morning onwards. So for 20th April, bookings have to open tomorrow morning (i.e. 18th Feb).
Old 17th February 2014, 16:00   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
IRCTC now has an option where one can pay additional 25Rs for bed-rolls when you book the tickets.
Thanks for this info. Its a good option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks