Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 10:09   #556
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,962
Thanked: 1,411 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Please reconfirm regardless of my opinion though.
I just booked the ticket and couldn't find an option for my requirement.
thoma is offline  
Old 24th June 2014, 11:06   #557
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,712
Thanked: 2,843 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

I read in Marathi newspaper Maharashtra Times that Tatkal quota is planned to get shelved from 1st July 2014. Couldn't get any english news info on it.
ani_meher is offline  
Old 24th June 2014, 11:54   #558
BHPian
 
Fillmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 324
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Siva Sena protests the Railway fare hike and especially want to reduce the season pass hike for II class on the Mumbai locals.

The conditions in these local trains at peak hours are worse than pathetic.
In such a situation I would run alternating local trains that are color coded differently but whose fare is double the cost of the regular local for the same class.

People who are prepared to pay will board these and travel more comfortably.
If everyone is ready to pay double and board this train, then that means the fare hike is fine for the masses, they just want better services.

Just my 2cents.
Fillmore is offline  
Old 24th June 2014, 12:55   #559
BHPian
 
raghu.t.k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 454
Thanked: 171 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Siva Sena protests the Railway fare hike and especially want to reduce the season pass hike for II class on the Mumbai locals.

The conditions in these local trains at peak hours are worse than pathetic.
In such a situation I would run alternating local trains that are color coded differently but whose fare is double the cost of the regular local for the same class.

People who are prepared to pay will board these and travel more comfortably.
If everyone is ready to pay double and board this train, then that means the fare hike is fine for the masses, they just want better services.

Just my 2cents.
Nice Idea, but might not be practical.

Not all are honest and travel the class they have purchased. On many occasions I have seen people travelling first class since they could not board the regular compartment. Also many are likely to see it as compromising services to increase the fare.
raghu.t.k is offline  
Old 26th June 2014, 08:18   #560
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MADRAS
Posts: 632
Thanked: 202 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Has anyone been migrated to the next generation IRCTC website. Last week I was greeted with it and voila, Tatkal booking was a breeze. 3 minutes flat I got a confirmed ticket. Hats off to IRCTC!!!
dre@ms is offline  
Old 30th June 2014, 08:11   #561
Senior - BHPian
 
pulsar56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 339 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Has anyone been migrated to the next generation IRCTC website. Last week I was greeted with it and voila, Tatkal booking was a breeze. 3 minutes flat I got a confirmed ticket. Hats off to IRCTC!!!
Received email from IRCTC yesterday that my account has been migrated to the new system.
Haven't booked any tickets but just tried to plan a journey and the site is super fast now!
pulsar56 is offline  
Old 30th June 2014, 10:36   #562
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,176
Thanked: 4,093 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Received email from IRCTC yesterday that my account has been migrated to the new system.
Haven't booked any tickets but just tried to plan a journey and the site is super fast now!
Even my account has been migrated to the new system and yes, this is faster than the old stone age one which was used earlier.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline  
Old 30th June 2014, 12:37   #563
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,002
Thanked: 8,738 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

When I logged in today, I was shown a message that "you are getting re-directed to the new gen portal" or something like that. Only for the already booked ticket cancellation, I had to click on some specific link.
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 30th June 2014, 13:02   #564
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 13,149
Thanked: 9,044 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Had got a mail that a new gen booking system has been

https://nget.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf
condor is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 13:56   #565
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 701
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Does anyone know how to reset the password ?

Have been typing my correct password but it gives error.

Forgot the answer to the secret question.

Does email to care help with details of last transaction ?

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.
lambuhere1 is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 14:08   #566
BHPian
 
batterylow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Driver seat!
Posts: 600
Thanked: 820 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

In case you have already completed the booked journey's I guess the simpler way out is to create a new user id.

In case you need details of your last transaction I think you must still have the booking text as well as the email from irctc for reference.
batterylow is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 14:18   #567
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: BANG-A-LURE.
Posts: 1,176
Thanked: 4,093 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Does anyone know how to reset the password ?
Call up the Helpline. (Chennai no.) I am sure they will sort it out.

Waseem
SILVERWOOD is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 14:35   #568
Mik
BHPian
 
Mik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: BLR
Posts: 426
Thanked: 506 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Does anyone know how to reset the password ?

Have been typing my correct password but it gives error.

Forgot the answer to the secret question.

Does email to care help with details of last transaction ?

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.
Had faced the issue. I had to write a mail to care@irctc.co.in to reset the password. Do remember to mention all the relevant details like userID/name/address/DoB/Phone# in the mail. The problem got resolved in a few hours and a fresh password was issued.
Mik is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 15:09   #569
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 701
Thanked: 104 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Call up the Helpline. (Chennai no.) I am sure they will sort it out.

Waseem
Thanks a ton Waseem. Will make a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Had faced the issue. I had to write a mail to care@irctc.co.in to reset the password. Do remember to mention all the relevant details like userID/name/address/DoB/Phone# in the mail. The problem got resolved in a few hours and a fresh password was issued.
Mik : Have sent the details in email. But the issue for me is unique.

Recently, our org domain id's got changed.

For e.g., it was previously @abc.xy and now it is @def.xy

My registered email is in @abc.xy domain. All emails received in older domain are being redirected to new domain of @def.xy

I hope the customer care can understand the situation

Thanks a ton
lambuhere1 is offline  
Old 4th July 2014, 15:51   #570
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,763
Thanked: 355 Times
Default re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: Tatkal prices hiked - Page 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Does anyone know how to reset the password ?

Have been typing my correct password but it gives error.

Forgot the answer to the secret question.

Does email to care help with details of last transaction ?

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.
It doesn't help even if you remember the answer to the secret question. I tried mine and it gave an error message saying 'password not reset'
rr_zen is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks