Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 09:31   #856
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
For the past few weeks iam unable to book tickets on irctc web site. Its asking me to update my profile (mobile number and email id) all of a sudden. When i try to update the details, i get error saying 'mobile already in use' and 'email already in use' .
My dad had faced this problem, and the experience was plain horrible. He ended up creating a new account using a different email id and phone number. There was no way to recover the old id
Old 27th April 2018, 15:37   #857
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

I had cancelled 2 tickets on April 4 , but I have not received the refund amounts till today , so it's been over 3 weeks . Payments were made using UPI .

I can see the status as "refunded" from the irctc website. Anyone faced similar problems with delayed refunds ? I've sent a mail to irctc and waiting for their response, but most likely they'll say that they've refunded the amount and ask me to get in touch with my bank.
Old 10th May 2018, 10:23   #858
BANNED

I have booked 2 tickets for tomorrow evening Pune to Mumbai
1) TQWL 6 - Intercity Express
2) Confirmed - NCJ Mumbai Express

I prefer the intercity but is there is any chance at all of that getting confirmed? If it's highly unlikely, I will cancel it right away. If it gets confirmed, I will cancel the confirmed ticket.

For something like the NCJ Mumbai Train, though it reaches Pune only in the evening, the train itself starts from NagerCoil much much before - may be the previous day - so what is the latest I can cancel that (I have also booked that in Tatkaal)?
Old 10th May 2018, 10:48   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I prefer the intercity but is there is any chance at all of that getting confirmed?
There is high chance tatkal quota waitlist to get confirmed. A friend booked similar one last week and it got confirmed.

Quote:
For something like the NCJ Mumbai Train, though it reaches Pune only in the evening, the train itself starts from NagerCoil much much before - may be the previous day - so what is the latest I can cancel that (I have also booked that in Tatkaal)?
This train has already started at 5 AM today. Confirmed tatkal tickets do not get any refund on cancellation. So the best bet would be to travel on confirmed ticket and cancel the waitlisted one.
Old 10th May 2018, 14:14   #860
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
So the best bet would be to travel on confirmed ticket and cancel the waitlisted one.
Thank you - cancelled the Intercity one. When I booked through Tatkal today it showed a few tickets available, but by the time, I got through all the steps, I got a TQWL 6 ticket. I wouldn't have booked it at all, I had known it would be WL.
Old 19th May 2019, 10:34   #861
BHPian

Trying to book a ticket from yesternight. Still server is not accessible. Is it only for me or for others also?
Old 11th July 2019, 15:14   #862
Senior - BHPian

Is there no way from the irctc site or the app to view older transactions? I'm looking for May 2019 transactions and it's showing only from June!
Old 7th October 2019, 22:20   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

IRCTC website has been updated to provide more features now: We can see the reservation charts for all trains public on the IRCTC website.

Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains-irctc.jpg

The link "Charts/Vacancy" allows a user to see available berth/seats in a chart format once the reservations are finalized (on date of journey). I am yet to explore these new features, but was able to even see the reservation charts with info like start / end station for a particular seat.

Last edited by condor : 7th October 2019 at 22:22.
Old 8th October 2019, 12:23   #864
BHPian

The chart/vacancy feature has been around for the last few months.. But little practical use I can see other than saving yourself the trouble of "where are you going to your neighbour... assuming that the person has not swapped seats! I would seriously doubt whether this facility will muster in Europe or US. For example why should the whole coach know from where to where I am travelling? Interestingly the same information including my name, age and gender has always been available in the reservation chart posted outside the coach anyway.

If you have some idle time, interesting time pass though!
Old 8th October 2019, 12:41   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
But little practical use I can see other than saving yourself the trouble of "where are you going to your neighbor..
If you have some idle time, interesting time pass though!
The very reason for making the reservation chart available for public was to stop the TTE mismanaging the vacant seats.
This chart is very handy when you are travelling on RAC ticket. I once had travel on RAC a few months back from Bangalore to Kanyakumari and with this chart I was able to find out the seat next to me which were to be vacant from Salem onwards. And the TTE confirmed the same and allotted me that berth after Salem.
Additionally, the TTE is also supposed to upload all seats were the travelers did not show up within an hour after leaving the station.
Old 8th October 2019, 16:01   #866
BHPian

So Indian Railways is basically saying "Sorry we cannot guarantee that our staff (TTEs) will not mismanage the situation.... here is the information in public domain so that you passengers can to try to stop that".

But again this feature is nothing new. The charts used to be pasted outside the door anyway with your name and age included as well.

I remember being interogated by a fellow passenger nearly 20 years back about my identity and destination the moment I boarded the train. No internet... he had just simply read it off the chart pasted outside!
Old 8th October 2019, 17:06   #867
Senior - BHPian

The captcha thing on IRCTC really bugs me. They're basically advts for the revenue of the site and are a thorn in the side. Sometimes they're so illegible that a new captcha comes up and if an error or missed filling of the form occurs it takes a while to detect for it's at almost one corner of the page on a desktop. By the time I'm done my mood is GRRRR.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 8th October 2019 at 17:07.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 20:23   #868
Team-BHP Support

IR has resumed the supply of linen in air-conditioned coaches. They say it is being done in a phased manner and the list of trains with the linen being supplied is given here -

https://contents.irctc.co.in/en/LINEN.html

But what is irritating is the jerking in the LHB coaches. Can jolt you up from the sleep.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 20:56   #869
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
IR has resumed the supply of linen in air-conditioned coaches. They say it is being done in a phased manner and the list of trains with the linen being supplied is given here -

https://contents.irctc.co.in/en/LINEN.html

But what is irritating is the jerking in the LHB coaches. Can jolt you up from the sleep.
Thanks, the list came just in time

The LHB coaches are the best when they are running and the worst when they suddenly come to a halt !!
Old 22nd April 2022, 21:01   #870
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

LHB coaches have CBC or Central Buffer Couplers. These help in not letting the coaches telescope into each other or getting thrown around randomly in case of derailment. But they do give a lot of jerk on speeding up or braking. They've actually reduced fatalities in derailments.

Quote:
  • Automatic coupling type & Quick detachment possible, which in turn is safe for shunting staff & reduces time required.
  • Less staff for uncoupling.
  • Prevention of uncoupling in the event of derailment/accident.
  • Anti-climbing feature (for LHB coaches) to prevent damage to life & property during accident.
Source

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd April 2022 at 21:05.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks