Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 11:36   #106
Senior - BHPian

I usually book early in the morning to avoid traffic. And most of the times , I get the tickets booked successfully.. Sometimes , transaction gets failed after payment . But the refund of amount comes back successfully in all cases.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:38   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
I had booked a Bangalore Chennai Ticket last week on IRCTC on Wait list 18 now its come to wait list 1. I travel tomorrow at 6 am if its confirmed. Any way i can get to know my chances of getting the ticket confirmed? Please Help.
Try posting the same in this forum.The guys over there have some history data to tell the chances of getting tkts confirmed.

Post your Wait List "Will it Get Confirmed" Queries HERE ONLY! - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com

I do think WL 1 should get confirmed or atleast should go to RAC. There is a very high chance for this happening
Old 14th April 2009, 11:38   #108
BHPian

Quote:
. I want to know is there anything else i need to do other than wait for the confirmation from IRCTC or go ahead and try to book a bus now?
if you know people/relatives in the railways try to get it confirmed with the vip quota.

else see if you getting tatkal confirmed tickets and cancel the one booked earlier on.

wait list 1 should get confirmed on its own though
Old 14th April 2009, 11:39   #109
BHPian

Edit:

Thanks for the info, i have been advised to go to the station and talk to the TT normally if its WL 1, regular travelers told me that that TT will accommodate. I did check in Tatkal not available.

Last edited by redrage : 14th April 2009 at 11:45.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:45   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

You don't need advice. You are waitlist number 1. Go tomorrow to the station and ask for the TC. You will surely get on board.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:51   #111
BHPian

Thanks for the immediate response Joe,Sam & Rajesh. I will do that.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:05   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
IRCTC is down again.WHat can we do ? Cleartrip also down...
Quote:
I want to know is there anything else i need to do other than wait for the confirmation from IRCTC or go ahead and try to book a bus now?
Dudes there is something else you can do... DRIVE!
Old 14th April 2009, 12:12   #113
Team-BHP Support

Excerpts from The Story of My Experiments with Truth
Quote:
The indifference of the railway authorities to the comforts of the third class passengers, combined with the dirty and inconsiderate habits of the passengers themselves, makes third class travelling a trial for a passenger of cleanly ways. These unpleasant habits commonly include throwing of rubbish on the floor of the compartment, smoking at all hours and in all places, betel and tobacco chewing, converting of the whole carriage into a spittoon, shouting and yelling, and using foul language, regardless of the convenience or comfort of fellow passengers. I have noticed little difference between my experience of the third class travelling in 1902 and that of my unbroken third class tours from 1915 to 1919.

I can think of only one remedy for this awful state of things that educated men should make a point of travelling third class and reforming the habits of the people, as also of never letting the railway authorities rest in peace, sending in complaints wherever necessary, never resorting to bribes or any unlawful means for obtaining their own comforts, and never putting up with infringements of rules on the part of anyone concerned. This, I am sure, would bring about considerable improvement.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

@RedRage,

I reckon you will get at least a RAC for your booking. Check the status tomorrow at 1PM before you start. I would be surprised if you did not get a confirmed seat.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:20   #115
BANNED

Friend comes in a Biweekly Train from Vasco to Yeshwantpur in 2 tier AC. Supposed to be a group of 8 with elderly people.

Booked ticket one month in advance but only got 4 confirmed. Not all tickets booked on the same day.

So the rest 4 take a Volvo. The 3 elderly and a young person in the 2 tier AC. When he gets in at Vasco and until it reaches Yeshwantpur the next day, 8 berths are empty throughout the journey. Puzzled he asks the TC and he replies seats left for tatkal not booked... WHAT?? We tried a month in advance and we get no tickets and due to Railways greed to make money out of tatkal the passengers suffer and the seats go empty.

Someone needs to do a real rethink about blocking 30% for tatkal.
Old 14th April 2009, 13:55   #116
Senior - BHPian

can a ticket booked under tatkal be cancelled.
Old 14th April 2009, 14:04   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
can a ticket booked under tatkal be cancelled.

No, you cannot cancel you tatkal ticket. (on the other hand you can sell you ticket to some needy person to recover your money)
Old 14th April 2009, 14:13   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
No, you cannot cancel you tatkal ticket. (on the other hand you can sell you ticket to some needy person to recover your money)

Believe You can cancel a tatkaal ticket and you will get only 25 % as refund. Do check it out
Old 14th April 2009, 14:33   #119
Senior - BHPian

You'll just have to keep checking it. If it is not confirmed by chart preparation time (couple hours before the departure of the train), cancel it and plan on a bus trip.
Old 14th April 2009, 14:35   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
If you have booked the ticket online, that wont work as the person's name is mentioned on the ticket, and the TT would seek some sort of ID proof to confirm who is travelling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks