Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2011, 18:30   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Hey, correct me if im wrong, but i thought irctc has discontinued the Tatkal bookings online from 8AM now.
Tatkal booking do work from 8 AM.

However, "Quick book" is disabled till 9 AM.
Old 11th May 2011, 16:24   #242
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

I have to scream this website is a disgrace to the entire nation. Cos thats how furious at it. It either does not have the capacity to cater to the millions of people who use it or it is made by some monkeys with computers. I mean come on there are sites that do a lot more than with this site is intended to do than just book tickets or cancel them.

I have been so frustrated at this as I have been trying to book 3 tickets to my hometown from Bangalore when they were available but the transaction wont go through and eventually the railways take my money and refund it later without a ticket. Now I got 4 more days for the journey and I still dont have the ticket just because the site just doesnt work.

It is a shame to have a site like this from a country that has no shortage of qualified people. I heard someone on the news during the 26/11 terrorist attacks. "India doesnt need a prescription, but it badly needs a surgery in every system you can think of" I feel it it just so true.

Last edited by ron_9191 : 11th May 2011 at 16:31.
Old 11th May 2011, 16:42   #243
BANNED

Dude, stop haranguing. The site developers have to accommodate all those adverts and images.

Also, they also have to accomodate their bosses who have been paid by the other sites which do the same job. The other sites do need to recoup all that moolah paid out as err... ugh... entertainment fees, nah???
Old 11th May 2011, 16:57   #244
Senior - BHPian

Interesting thread here, never saw it till now !! I have been booking all my train tickets through this site since 2006 and never ever had a single issue till date. I am talking about atleast 50 or more tickets booked and printed at home in these years. A dozen of them were successful 'tatkal' bookings Rest of my travels are done by road !
Old 11th May 2011, 17:06   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Interesting thread here, never saw it till now !! I have been booking all my train tickets through this site since 2006 and never ever had a single issue till date. I am talking about atleast 50 or more tickets booked and printed at home in these years. A dozen of them were successful 'tatkal' bookings Rest of my travels are done by road !
Try logging in at 8-8:30AM nowadays to book a Tatkal ticket,you will get the answer for sure.
Old 11th May 2011, 17:11   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Try logging in at 8-8:30AM nowadays to book a Tatkal ticket,you will get the answer for sure.
Hope you know how tatkal system works. I dont think anyone can get a tatkal successfully after the first 20 mts (its open only from 8am). My attempts were all in the 8 to 8.20am and I dont remember the number of attempts I might have done within that time, but its worth retrying a 100 times on your PC than being in the cue with no hope of getting a ticket
Old 11th May 2011, 17:50   #247
BHPian

Was trying to book tatkal this morning. No surprises, the site was temporarily unavailable. By the time it was up the tickets were all booked.

This is such a pathetic website.
Old 11th May 2011, 18:04   #248
BHPian

This site sometimes makes me let steam out of my ears. But on an average this site has been immensely helpful, Although i get reaaaaallly irritated by that ever present "communication error" problem. Improvement Needed ? Hell Yeah..
Old 12th May 2011, 08:19   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hope you know how tatkal system works. I dont think anyone can get a tatkal successfully after the first 20 mts (its open only from 8am).
You will be lucky if you are able to log in in first 20 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohsinRoadster View Post
Was trying to book tatkal this morning. No surprises, the site was temporarily unavailable. By the time it was up the tickets were all booked.

This is such a pathetic website.
+1 on this.

I am trying to log in from past 20 mins, but in vain.

Probably the worst website i have come across. Perhaps this site if suffering from chronic early morning sickness.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 12th May 2011 at 08:21.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:28   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Perhaps this site if suffering from chronic early morning sickness.
It's not chronic morning sickness, but this.

Mind you, this has not been seen in the media so much to get the necessary publicity required for inciting some action from at least the judiciary, through PILs and RTI queries. Somebody is making a lot of money with this, and they want to remain hidden.
Old 12th May 2011, 13:17   #251
Senior - BHPian

It is almost not possible to book Tatkal tickets online through IRCTC. Tried during my last trip and damn everytime comes up with site not available or some such.
Old 12th May 2011, 13:24   #252
Senior - BHPian

Is Didi deliberately allowing the site to rot, perhaps?
Old 12th May 2011, 15:53   #253
BHPian

Till sometime back booking Tatkal was an art but now to book a general ticket is also a real hassle. As the site is down booking on even other sites is becoming difficult.

I just wonder what Market research they have done to ensure that site fails on fulltime basis.

EPIC FAIL
Old 5th July 2011, 15:29   #254
Senior - BHPian

Guys, finally a good news.

Railways to roll out new e-ticketing service - Yahoo! News
Old 5th July 2011, 15:56   #255
BHPian

I was told by a ticket counter person that online booking of Tatkal tickets has been set to go through only from 8:20 onwards. This is to give an advantage to the folks physically standing in the Tatkal queue at a booking center.

I think this is true because I have experienced the same once.

In the last 2 months has there been anyone who successfully purchased an online Tatkal ticket before 8:15 AM ?

Last edited by Fillmore : 5th July 2011 at 16:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks