Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 13:14   #571
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Had faced the issue. I had to write a mail to care@irctc.co.in to reset the password. Do remember to mention all the relevant details like userID/name/address/DoB/Phone# in the mail. The problem got resolved in a few hours and a fresh password was issued.
Mik,

Thanks a ton buddy. Followed all your steps and my password is reset.

Kudos to IRCTC. These guys are turning out to be true professionals in Govt Org.
Old 28th July 2014, 09:02   #572
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

New timetable starts from September 1.

I booked tickets on irctc for September and the departure times are not stated on the e-tickets, the ticket says that new time tables are effective from Sep 1.
Old 30th July 2014, 10:16   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

interesting tool. Helps understand what is the chance of your ticket getting confirmed. http://www.trainman.in/

P.S: No way related to the website or folks who put this together
Old 30th July 2014, 12:27   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
interesting tool. Helps understand what is the chance of your ticket getting confirmed. http://www.trainman.in/

Awesome.
I just wished long time back the train ticket site should provide such statistics.

Earlier when we used to go to the counter and do a face to face booking, the clerks used to advise us based on such past trends kept inside their minds.
Old 30th July 2014, 15:15   #575
BHPian

Quote:

Very good find. Whenever I book WL tickets, it is my habit to check the last days status to know the trend. This site should be useful for those cases. Goes to my bookmark right away.
Old 30th July 2014, 15:44   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Awesome.

Surprised to see that there is No Thanks button in this thread !
Anyway, Thanks a lot for sharing this. Very helpful.

-Ravi
Old 5th August 2014, 10:44   #577
Senior - BHPian

I was logged on at 8am today to book a ticket . At sharp 8am I got logged off, then spent about 1 min to logon and book the ticket.

Looks like irctc has started to logoff all users at 8 and 10am and everyone has to logon afresh.
Old 5th August 2014, 16:00   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Looks like irctc has started to logoff all users at 8 and 10am and everyone has to logon afresh.
Tatkal starts at 10AM. What is it about 8AM
Old 5th August 2014, 16:18   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Tatkal starts at 10AM. What is it about 8AM
60 days advance booking starts at 8 am.
Old 19th August 2014, 22:06   #580
Senior - BHPian

We are 6 of us in one single ticket. 2 are boarding from some 7 stations after the source station. 1 is boarding after 4 stations still. The rest 3 will be boarding from the source.

Is this okay?
Old 20th August 2014, 08:59   #581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
We are 6 of us in one single ticket. 2 are boarding from some 7 stations after the source station. 1 is boarding after 4 stations still. The rest 3 will be boarding from the source.

Is this okay?
I don't think it should be a problem as such but am curious to know, how did you book different source stations on the same PNR?

If you have booked from the same source, then I guess you could try to convince the TTE that they will be boarding from the coming stations. I guess as per law, he can declare these as no-show and allot to the RAC folks.

Which train is this btw?
Old 20th August 2014, 09:17   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Is this okay?
Hey I would really urge you to get this clarified. Ideally I feel the whole ticket would have a single boarding station mentioned which would be the source in your case as 3 members are boarding from there. The TTE might cancel the rest of the passengers as no show and issue there seats to other people in the queue. On the other hand since atleast 3 of you are present with your ticket, he might allow you to continue. It would be better if you call them ask confirm this.
Old 20th August 2014, 09:24   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Is this okay?
Practically, even if only 1 of your party of 6, is around to show the ticket to the TT and get it validated, it would be the end of story, and no need to worry. There are plenty of excuses like the rest have gone to eat something in the pantry, or gone to another coach to hang out with another group of friends and so on... Don't fret!
Old 20th August 2014, 09:29   #584
BHPian

Hi,

IRCTC have come up with next generation website to solve this overhead issue called as Next generation e Ticketing system to book your train ticket more faster and user friendly than earlier.

As per the different sources, IRCTC website can book 7200 tickets in a minute.

Link: https://www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf

More Information : http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/i.../1/376982.html
Hope the new website will solve most of our issues

keep reviving
Old 20th August 2014, 09:34   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Gullu View Post
Hi,

IRCTC have come up with next generation website to solve this overhead issue called as Next generation e Ticketing system to book your train ticket more faster and user friendly than earlier.

As per the different sources, IRCTC website can book 7200 tickets in a minute.

Link: https://www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/loginHome.jsf

More Information : http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/i.../1/376982.html
Hope the new website will solve most of our issues

keep reviving
Just tested the website some days back - It is actually very good. Impressed

Most Viewed