Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 01:16   #811
BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Does anyone Does anyone know how to get a user id reactivated at IRCTC ? They have deactivated my user id and kept my mobile number still linked to it. Now it wont let me create a new one stating the mobile is already linked.

20 emails to IRCTC have not worked. There solution is for me to take a new number.
Old 21st May 2016, 12:33   #812
Senior - BHPian

re: Indian Railways website (www.irctc.co.in) EDIT: IR resumes linen supply in select trains

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
How exactly does Tatkal work on irctc.co.in? For a Monday morning, ticket - when can you try for a Tatkal ticket? Is it very difficult to get - are there any tips?

This is for my cousin who is WL/10 on Mumbai-Pune Indrayani on Monday Morning. Is there a chance that the WL will be confirmed before Monday morning.
You can book a Tatkal ticket only on the day before the start date of the train's journey, AFAIK. In your cousin's case, (s)he has to book the ticket on sunday - booking begins at 10am for AC classes (AC Chair Car, 1A, 2A, 3A) and 11am for non-AC classes (2S, CC, SL).
Old 21st May 2016, 12:47   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
Does anyone Does anyone know how to get a user id reactivated at IRCTC ? They have deactivated my user id and kept my mobile number still linked to it. Now it wont let me create a new one stating the mobile is already linked.

20 emails to IRCTC have not worked. There solution is for me to take a new number.
Strange, they hv always responded in 1-2 days for me to do such a reset. Suggest you call their support number 011 3934 0000
Old 6th July 2016, 12:03   #814
BANNED

Any idea what will happen on July 11th with the planned Railways strike? Are trains likely to run or not?

Last edited by carboy : 6th July 2016 at 12:04.
Old 6th July 2016, 13:49   #815
BHPian

I was to travel to Delhi with my Mom in March this year. I had a confirmed e-ticket but had to cancel it .

I booked another ticket for a week later and tried to cancel it about 12 hours before the scheduled departure. But got a message that the chart had been prepared & I need to file a TDR online ,which I did file about 11 hours 56 minutes before departure (as per IRCTC).

A few weeks later, I saw that my refund had been rejected and the refunds are "null". I wrote a mail to care@irctc and kept sending reminders in between.

Now , I have received a mail saying that Chief Commercial Manager has repudiated the TDR request because as per chart, passenger has traveled.

Now what are the options left for me in this case ?
Old 6th July 2016, 15:41   #816
BANNED

I find the new IRCTC site quite nifty. We are to travel to and from Kolkata in October, and the AC-I quota for Kanpur is exactly two on either Rjadhani. So I had to get into IRCTC bright and early at 8:00am to get the seats. I managed this alright. No hassles logging in or booking.

However, I discovered that now with 120 days the day of booking and the day of journey are both included in the calculation. Earlier they were excluded.
Old 6th July 2016, 16:27   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
I was to travel to Delhi with my Mom in March this year. I had a confirmed e-ticket but had to cancel it .
Now what are the options left for me in this case ?
Literally no options worth your time. Canceling conformed tickets now are a pain. What leaves me speechless is why would IRCTC would want us to cancel WL tickets? And even that has a very strict timeline.

On the other hand - I tried booking tatkal tickets for a couple of relatives. Seems as if the websites hangs every now and then around that time. A couple of times I simply cannot move beyond the payment page.

However the system has improved beyond the horror that was there a couple of years back.
Old 6th July 2016, 19:08   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
I booked another ticket for a week later and tried to cancel it about 12 hours before the scheduled departure.
From what I could gather from your post, IRCTC rejected your claim on the grounds that the chart had been prepared already when you tried to cancel the ticket. Could it be possible that you attempted to cancel the ticket after the train had started the journey - let's say it's a train from A to B via C, which is your boarding point, and where it arrives after 15hrs of starting from A, and you tried to cancel the ticket 12hrs before the ETA at C?

In such a scenario, the TTE may have allocated your berths to someone else, probably on the WL, but boarded the train against the rules - either after pocketing some money for the favour or otherwise, but marking your berths as occupied by the travellers in your ticket.
Old 7th July 2016, 13:46   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
From what I could gather from your post, IRCTC rejected your claim on the grounds that the chart had been prepared already when you tried to cancel the ticket.
No, as you would know under usual circumstances, You can cancel the tickets 4 hours before the expected departure of the train. But in this case , I got a pop up saying that chart has been prepared at an earlier station so I need to file the TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) online, which I did.

After few weeks , I got a mail that my refund has been repudiated, no reasons mentioned. I mailed them asking for the reason & got a reply that they are checking with the concerned zonal region.

Now , I have got the mail saying that it has been repudiated as the passengers traveled on this ticket.

Quote:
In such a scenario, the TTE may have allocated your berths to someone else, probably on the WL, but boarded the train against the rules - either after pocketing some money for the favour or otherwise, but marking your berths as occupied by the travellers in your ticket.
This is most likely what happened but why I should I be made to suffer for their employees corruption and greed.
Old 7th July 2016, 15:53   #820
BANNED

Is no one here worried about the Railway Strike & how it will go down next week?
Old 7th July 2016, 19:09   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Is no one here worried about the Railway Strike & how it will go down next week?
A leading Gujarati daily reports that the strikes being postponed.
Another link : http://www.business-standard.com/art...0600985_1.html
Old 1st September 2016, 09:54   #822
BHPian

Re: Indian Railways and All India Strike/Bandh Call

I have to travel to Mumbai from B'lore morrow and have to book Tatkal tickets. Now, with the impending strike/bandh tomorrow, would there be any cancellation of trains?

If so, what happens to Tatkal tickets? Also, am NOT sure what happens to public transport/OLA/Uber in B'lore.

Any one have any news on this front, please share!

JM
Old 1st September 2016, 12:55   #823
Senior - BHPian

I doubt trains would be affected by the strike. Normally not (atleast in South India), except for some stray incidents. BTW Tatkal tickets for tomorrow vanished in just few minutes of opening today.

And if a train is cancelled by Railways, they will credit a full-refund to your account. So no worries there.

Don't know about B'lore, but public transport in Kerala would be affected. Can get stuck at railway stations with no bus/auto/cab etc.
Should be life as usual in Tamilnadu (am yet to miss even a single day's work in TN due to any strike in all my years here).

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 1st September 2016 at 12:59.
Old 4th September 2016, 16:46   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quick question. My in-laws were to leave Bangalore in a train leaving SBC at 20:00; but they want to postpone their trip. IRCTC is not allowing me to file a TDR. A quick Google search suggests that there is 0 refund if I try to cancel after 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure - is that correct?
Old 4th September 2016, 17:20   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Quick question. My in-laws were to leave Bangalore in a train leaving SBC at 20:00; but they want to postpone their trip. IRCTC is not allowing me to file a TDR. A quick Google search suggests that there is 0 refund if I try to cancel after 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure - is that correct?
Yes- that is correct. No refund on confirmed tickets once the first chart is prepared 4 hours before scheduled departure of the train.

Please refer http://www.indianrail.gov.in/refund_Rules.html
(ii). Between 48 hours and 12 hours before the scheduled
departure of the train @ 25% subject to minimum charge as per (i) above.
(iii) between 12 hours and 4 hours before the scheduled departure of the train @ 50% subject to minimum charge
as per (i) above.
(iv) No refund after the above prescribed time limit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks