Team-BHP - Horrific accident on Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Horrific accident on Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/36762-horrific-accident-abu-dhabi-dubai-highway.html)

A bizzare accident involving 200 cars (yes, that's right... 200 cars!!) took place today morning on the Abu Dhabi - Dubai highway in the United Arab Emirates. So far, number of casualties have been tagged at 6 with 25 cars catching fire. This horrific accident has been attributed to high speed driving under low visibility conditions due to fog.

For more details, please visit Gulfnews: Horrific accident on Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway near Ghantoot

driving with HAZARD LIGHTS on : but why? driving with hazard lights turned on can be hazardous at times.

people should know when and where to use Hazard lights and they should also know when to use fog lamps / driving with HLs/TLs on.

I am sorry for being rude :(

read the comments posted in the article.

Quote:

Some people at the scene claim that there was some looting of crashed cars going on, although these reports remain completely uncomfirmed.
Hmm.. from when on did this start?

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker (Post 754225)
driving with HAZARD LIGHTS on : but why? driving with hazard lights turned on can be hazardous at times.

Hazard lights are meant to be used when to signify danger or used when car is stationary to warn of a hazard.

In asia, people switch them on as if it forms a protective barrier and drive right on!

I've seen this during rains and when entering tunnels as well.

Steer kick in buddie,any more details on what happend.Looks really horible.
ram

Damn!! Thats really bad!
Condolences to the families affected.

fog is responsible for many such mishaps.

100 Car Pileup Kills 2 In California, Dense Fog Blamed For Crash On Highway 99 South Of Fresno - CBS News

guys.. i just got the first hand pictures of this accident from my friend who was present at the scene of this accident.... it is absolutely ghastly....

Mods: I know the pictures are horrifc. Please delete this post if you think it is unwarranted for. But this is the real danger of speeding. Not just to you, but others as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GulfNews
At least six people have been killed after a series of horrific accidents on the Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway near Ghantoot on Tuesday morning.

Police have said around 200 cars were involved in the crash, which happened in heavy fog, with 25 cars catching fire.

About seven people with minor injurious from the accident site in Ghantoot were treated and later discharged said a senior doctor from the Accident and Emergency Unit at Rashid hospital. Serious casualties were taken to Al Rahba and Al Mafraq hospitals in Abu Dhabi.

Dr. Victor Mikhael Butros, in charge of the Accident and Emergency Unit of the hospital said: “We received the news of the accident at 9am and immediately a team comprising of two doctors and two nurses along with equipments were dispatched to the scene.

"We were told to expect 40 causalities but when our team reached the site we told that only seven accident victims with minor injurious will be sent to us. Those with serious injurious were admitted to two hospitals in Abu Dhabi.”

Police also said that because of the bad weather helicopters were unable to begin airlifting the injured until 11.30am.

Eyewitness Tahir S, said: “I was involved in the first crash. I could hardly see anything because of the fog. It was horrible. You could see 10m in front of you.

“After the crash I looked behind and people were yelling and screaming.”

Matt, 26, a German national said the scene was chaotic.

He added: “The accident was a combination of fog and people using their hazard lights. I only escaped with a bruise.”

Khamis I. Mohammad, deputy of traffic and patrol Abu Dhabi police said: “It was a disaster scene, everyone was speeding and after the first crash happened people just started hitting each other.

“There were six buses carrying labourers, three buses had 50 passengers each.”

He also advised people not to use their hazard lights and not to listen to the radio while driving.

Source: Gulfnews: Horrific accident on Abu Dhabi-Dubai highway near Ghantoot

Horrible. Not able to understand how this could happen. Really bad news. :(

Some pic i received by email :(

What a ghastly sight ! That must have been one raging inferno !

Should be the Worst day in the history of UAE, more than 200 vehicles collided mainly due to heavy fog and some careless drivers who use hazard lights while driving in fog. casualities should be more than mentioned in the news since they are not revealing exactly. May their soul R.I.P

Steeroid bhai, Where art thou? Hope you are alright !