Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 10:07   #1
BHPian

stolen skyline retrieved with the help of internet

this news is all over the internet for those who have not yet read it:

New member regretfully posts that his car has been stolen by someone with a fake ID that took a permanent test drive. Describes vehicle and thief.
-Thief encounters another forum member at Chinook mall, member recognizes stolen vehicle as described in this post. Snaps pictures, posts on beyond. Even in a city of 1 million people, thief is spotted within hours due to internet exposure
-Thief is found on facebook using said pictures, recognized by multiple members
-Full name, address, and workplace is found via facebook
-Multiple forum members drive to known address at 2:30am, car is parked outside. Dude peeks out the window, sees posse, gets scared.
-Car disappears at some point.
-Another member drives by later, finds car. Boxes car in, calls cops, calls rightful owner
-Hilarity ensues
-Cops show up 2 hours later, pictures and youtube video posted of stolen car, and Dr. Claw the fail car thief getting arrested
-Car is now safe at home, back up for sale, with a new test drive policy. Bonus: Thief leaves $22 in change, and a ****ty wanksta hat.

Link is passed around to virtually every forum worldwide within hours, checking in to show community support. Appears on front page of digg.com.

1991 skyline gt-r-stolen! calgary, ab - cash reward*pics of criminals inside* - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

the post in the forum are two funny you have to go through the whole tread.

car spotted by a fellow member

members of the forum blocking the car
Attached Thumbnails
stolen skyline retrieved with the help of internet-img0318ak7.jpg  

stolen skyline retrieved with the help of internet-img_09771.jpg  

Last edited by pawan : 30th March 2008 at 10:12.
Old 30th March 2008, 11:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

LOL,Nice one PAWAN.So thats the power of the forums.Good that he is nabbed and the member got the car back.We can also be of help in similar fasion.
ram
Old 30th March 2008, 11:44   #3
BHPian

jeez.. am still going through the full thread. These guys did some real good work !!!
BTW, i just feel good that we on team-bhp, share the same spirit that beyond.ca guys have shown in this.
Old 30th March 2008, 23:41   #4
BHPian

Fantastic story and cheers to the power of online communities. I can think of greater things that have happened on Team-BHP, but lets leave that for another time, shall we?
Old 31st March 2008, 00:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Actually.. all said and done, After going thru that thread, I am thankfull that we have so many rules concerning posting on this forum and strict enforcement of the same !!
Old 31st March 2008, 09:12   #6
BHPian

Quite amazing! spent most of yesterday reading that thread! The rate at which it was growig was quite alarming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Actually.. all said and done, After going thru that thread, I am thankfull that we have so many rules concerning posting on this forum and strict enforcement of the same !!
The same thing went through my head while reading the thread. While it was extremely entertaining, there was too much clutter to sift through

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring View Post
Fantastic story and cheers to the power of online communities. I can think of greater things that have happened on Team-BHP, but lets leave that for another time, shall we?
Whats wrong with now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks