Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 21:24   #346
BHPian

Was driving back from EC to HSR and suddenly I felt someone pelting stones on my safari.They were snow flakes.No damage to the vehicle though.
Yeppie Snow flakes
Old 28th April 2010, 14:30   #347
BHPian

Yesterday due to rains & winds a good tree in front of our apartments fell :-(. Now the place looks empty and naked!.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:08   #348
BHPian

Mostly due to its roots being cut-off due to some BBMP/BWSSB guys digging roads or doing drainage work. The single most important reason for Tress falling in Bangalore.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:23   #349
Senior - BHPian

thats gruesome! i love rains but this side of the rain is something i dont like at all! i cant take the sight of huge trees fallen or cut...

btw i guess its the right time for you and other residents to plant another sapling there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Yesterday due to rains & winds a good tree in front of our apartments fell :-(. Now the place looks empty and naked!.

Last edited by lohithrao : 28th April 2010 at 15:26.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:40   #350
mkh
Senior - BHPian

The last week apparently record number of trees fell, we are killing our environment at the cost of development, what will we give our kids as nature? Sad that short sighted people run the show when it comes to town planning etc
Old 28th April 2010, 17:17   #351
Senior - BHPian

thats sad! well this way our kids will have only concrete!:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
The last week apparently record number of trees fell, we are killing our environment at the cost of development, what will we give our kids as nature? Sad that short sighted people run the show when it comes to town planning etc
Old 28th April 2010, 17:22   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
thats gruesome! i love rains but this side of the rain is something i dont like at all! i cant take the sight of huge trees fallen or cut...

btw i guess its the right time for you and other residents to plant another sapling there....
How very true, me and wife were pretty sad to see that fallen tree. I had to console her telling that we would plan some saplings to replace that. Planning to put a neem tree. It grows fast and requires low maintenance. Will be going to lalbagh the weekend to get info and saplings if there are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
In my childhood I used to play in paddy fields, coconut groves and big government school ground. I feel bad that in the name of development we just keep on destroying the simple things in life.
Old 28th April 2010, 17:26   #353
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Mostly due to its roots being cut-off due to some BBMP/BWSSB guys digging roads or doing drainage work. The single most important reason for Tress falling in Bangalore.
Why do you deprive BESCOM chaps of that special honour of cutting the trees according to their whims and fancies? In many places, power lines run above the canopy of trees or very near to the trees. BESCOM chaps visit the place at regular intervals and chop off those parts of the trees that are below or near the power lines. The trees have one-side growth, become handicapped and finally get uprooted even for a small breeze. This is the price we pay for haphazard growth and development.

Old 28th April 2010, 17:41   #354
Senior - BHPian

Going a bit OT, this morning was talking to a friend and he said he had to get both of his kids to summer camps as they have no place to play near to thier house and this is the only way to keep them engaged!

I guess most of us were lucky that we had huge grounds to play, tree was a part of games....i pity future generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post

In my childhood I used to play in paddy fields, coconut groves and big government school ground. I feel bad that in the name of development we just keep on destroying the simple things in life.
Old 28th April 2010, 17:41   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yes, Bad scene with very heavy winds and thunders.
For me, its a good scene!!
Old 28th April 2010, 17:48   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Heavy rain for 15 mins in Jayanagar. My tennis session is washed out :(
Old 28th April 2010, 17:52   #357
BHPian

Heavy rains in Domlur / Indiranagar / Airport road. Got drenched when we went out for a coffee/ smoke break.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:11   #358
J.Ravi

Just now, it started raining in Basaveswaranagar.

Old 28th April 2010, 18:18   #359
Senior - BHPian

Thats good to know, one of my friends house they have implemented the "rain water harvesting". normally they needed to get the water tanker once or twice a week but when it rains well they sustain for a month or more.
Old 28th April 2010, 18:20   #360
BHPian

Thank you guys for the welcome signs. I so happy I will be in Bangalore from Tomorrow. I hope all three cars idle for over 3 months now will start and get wet.
Ramanna

Most Viewed