Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 15:07   #661
BHPian

Re: It's raining in Bangalore!!

Heavy rain with winds in Rajajinagar-Malleswaram. Saw a few trees uprooted. One tree on Dr. Raj Kumar Road falls on a car and dozens of bikes outside the Bajaj Showroom.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:14   #662
Senior - BHPian

Again tree uprooted near Indiranagar, Jeevan Bhima Nagar today as per some commuter. Again there will be heavy jam today evening. Heavy downpour started bit early today.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:14   #663
Senior - BHPian

what the heck. Its 38 Deg here in chennai with close to 55% humidity. Please "Alt F" some rain to us. We badly need some rain to cool this place down.
Old 13th May 2011, 15:25   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
what the heck. Its 38 Deg here in chennai with close to 55% humidity. Please "Alt F" some rain to us. We badly need some rain to cool this place down.
It's May and it rains almost every other day. What a relief!! I avoid Chennai or Hyderabad or any other scorchers in Summers.

Viva Bangalore!!
Old 13th May 2011, 15:31   #665
Team-BHP Support

I was on my way back home (Indiaranagar) yesterday, when the rains left the area look like a war-zone! Not one road was free, with at least one tree blocking everyone's path. In fact, I was 2 minutes away from being crushed under a massive on near SSB International School.

If I was 2 minutes too fast, I would have had it for sure! And Just now, I moved my car to the other street where the trees are fewer and stronger, and while running across the road, I noticed that the tree that my car was parked next to, earlier, had fallen!

What luck!
Old 13th May 2011, 17:06   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I was on my way back home (Indiaranagar) yesterday, when the rains left the area look like a war-zone! Not one road was free, with at least one tree blocking everyone's path. In fact, I was 2 minutes away from being crushed under a massive on near SSB International School.

If I was 2 minutes too fast, I would have had it for sure! And Just now, I moved my car to the other street where the trees are fewer and stronger, and while running across the road, I noticed that the tree that my car was parked next to, earlier, had fallen!

What luck!
Close shave there. I went out last evening and Double Road was partially blocked with fallen trees everywhere.

Btw, what were you trying to do yesterday evening? Trying to climb the tree with your Santro?
Old 13th May 2011, 17:10   #667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Close shave there. I went out last evening and Double Road was partially blocked with fallen trees everywhere.

Btw, what were you trying to do yesterday evening? Trying to climb the tree with your Santro?
Haha funny story that!

Was dropping a friend off and the road to her house from all sides were blocked by trees! And That was the closest way to her house. I did notice your car, and was wondering if I should've called you out for a little chat.
Old 13th May 2011, 17:17   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Haha funny story that!

Was dropping a friend off and the road to her house from all sides were blocked by trees! And That was the closest way to her house. I did notice your car, and was wondering if I should've called you out for a little chat.
Oh. True, our place yesterday was surrounded by fallen trees everywhere. I had to go out shortly after the rain and could say I swam with my bike.

You should have called. I was at home and at that point was watching you, but since you reversed quick, I thought you had go back quick. Do come some time for a chat
Old 13th May 2011, 17:19   #669
Senior - BHPian

My car needs a free car wash but its parked inside at my office :(
Old 13th May 2011, 17:21   #670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Oh. True, our place yesterday was surrounded by fallen trees everywhere. I had to go out shortly after the rain and could say I swam with my bike.

You should have called. I was at home and at that point was watching you, but since you reversed quick, I thought you had go back quick. Do come some time for a chat

Most certainly!

Looks like the debris is being cleared slowly. It's rather disheartening to see Indiranagar in this sorry state.
Old 13th May 2011, 17:37   #671
Senior - BHPian

Is it still raining in parts of Bangalore ? There no drop yet in the Sarjapur road area today. It was raining yesterday though.
Old 13th May 2011, 17:56   #672
Senior - BHPian

Shantinagar, it rained at around 4 pm. It is not raining now.
Old 13th May 2011, 18:51   #673
Team-BHP Support

Rain wind, uprooted high tension line all happened at around 3 at koramangala 1st block. Now all silent. Snowie missed a tree trunk by a meter
Old 13th May 2011, 18:55   #674
BHPian

It rained heavily at Dairy circle, where my office is. But when I reached home (Akshayanagar, Begur) not even one drop rained..!!! Its just 10km away by road..!!!!

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 13th May 2011, 20:45   #675
BHPian

Heavy rains accompanied by strong winds here in south bangalore. A car that was parked near my place was covered. Due to the strong wind, the car cover(tied to the car) blew away. Lots of coconuts fell down as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks