Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2017, 21:52   #1336
Senior - BHPian

It rained a bit at Bannerghatta road as well. Hope it continues and bring some respite from the heat and dust.
Old 7th March 2017, 06:42   #1337
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The "It's raining in my city" Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
It rained a bit at Bannerghatta road as well. Hope it continues and bring some respite from the heat and dust.
What heat? I didn't even realize it was hot so far, a bit of a strong sun yes but surely summer hasn't even begun yet. Its about as hot as it always has been, which is moderate (I feel that even though I'm outside a lot).

And, no, the rains are going to increase humidity today (if the clouds lift off), expect a slight rise in heat from now on, and peak heat by month end.
Old 7th March 2017, 12:26   #1338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
What heat? I didn't even realize it was hot so far, a bit of a strong sun yes but surely summer hasn't even begun yet. Its about as hot as it always has been, which is moderate (I feel that even though I'm outside a lot).
Is that sarcasm there or are you really not feeling the heat! Man from the past couple of weeks I am sweating like how I used to during the months of April/May. And the water that I keep on the terrace for birds are getting finished by the time I go home in the evening. I for one feel that we are in for a very hot and dry weather ahead!
Old 7th March 2017, 12:57   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I for one feel that we are in for a very hot and dry weather ahead!
One word : Weather wars ! Just heard spring started very early in East Coast.

Welcome to the new changes in weather. Just kidding !
Old 8th March 2017, 12:42   #1340
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the Cherrapunji weather of Bangalore has gotten activated again, its rained only what, a gazillion millimeters yesterday? All this in the middle of summer, I hate rains for many, many reasons :

- I don't like cold weather, I'd rather tolerate 45 degrees of heat.
- Asthma flares up.
- People having a house with trees will know this one - branches, dust, dirt etc, takes a week to clean completely.
- Instant power cut, a professor with whom I'm still in touch with always used to call Bangalore a village due to power cuts, I agree, its very much a trait of a village.
- Very, very poor drainage infrastructure.. water simply doesn't dry up due to a convex road design and inefficient chambers.

Time to think of leaving this city that I once called my home (and it perhaps always will be), but overpopulation, zero infrastructure, pollution, climate change etc have played havoc on this pitiable environment, never in my life have I seen such violent rains in this month, they always used to be balanced, light showers for not more than 30 minutes even in monsoons. I have a wrenching pain in my heart to see how weather has changed and become hostile today.
Old 8th March 2017, 13:16   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post

I hate rains for many, many reasons :

but overpopulation,
IMO dark.knight, THE REASON is the that word right there buddy

Bangalore "Was" the Garden City and inspite of severe deluges, century old drainage systems, numerous avenues and slow paced life, the rains always kept the atmosphere within ideal/moderate levels. As a kid growing up in B=lore, I don't remember the Sun burning the skin within seconds nor the rain water being a dampner!!

With all the 'Unwanted/Unsanctioned/Uncalled/Unplanned' buildings cropping up everywhere in town, Namma-Bengaluru has become the Garbage City.

I still think this is the best place in the world, as:

Home is where Heart is!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 8th March 2017 at 13:20.
Old 14th March 2017, 09:12   #1342
Distinguished - BHPian

Good rain in Bangalore on Hosur road near Narayana Hrudayala area since 15 minutes now. Early morning rains are so rare in Bangalore. Should I feel good that its become cool or should I feel bad that the weather is all messed up.
Old 14th March 2017, 10:24   #1343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Should I feel good that its become cool or should I feel bad that the weather is all messed up.
That good feeling of "coolness" wont last long, that will convert to humidity within 4 hours of sun and the humidity will punch the face and sap the energy in minutes when it kicks in.

Its only a time to mourn, weather is messed up (and every other adjective) into a mutant, other-planetary atmosphere now, no longer the earth that it used to be. This city has become hostile, weather wise and there is no reversing it now. Rains in the middle of March where peak heat should be happening? Shocking, Bangalore has beaten Cherrapunji and now should compete for top spot Mawsynram in Meghalaya.

I hate rains like the plague.
Old 14th March 2017, 21:32   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Is there a thread called "Its NOT raining in my city"?

I desperately feel the need for one. Rains have stopped visiting Chikkamagaluru from the last two years.

All lakes have dried up, borewells are not yielding water and the reservoir that supplies drinking water to the city has only dead storage left.

Forest fires are continuously feeding on the flora, rendering the fauna homeless.

Will Bengalureans please ask rain gods to visit us once, or atleast bring some wet clouds with you when you come here for your next weekend trip? I know .
Old 14th March 2017, 22:00   #1345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I desperately feel the need for one. Rains have stopped visiting Chikkamagaluru from the last two years.
Well, as I type this, it's rained handsomely in Belur a while before, 26 kms away from Chikmagaluru by road .
Old 14th March 2017, 22:17   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well, as I type this, it's rained handsomely in Belur a while before, 26 kms away from Chikmagaluru by road .
That's some good news. Hope it rains in the catchment area of the local rivers too.

OT: The rains in Belur must be a celebratory shower to mark 900 years of the Chennakeshava Temple .
Old 5th April 2017, 15:32   #1347
BHPian

It is raining here in electronic city. Thank god.
Old 5th April 2017, 15:37   #1348
BHPian

The climate started showing some changes from yesterday's evening here in Dehradun. It started raining from the midnight and still there is no trace of clear sky.
Old 6th April 2017, 18:37   #1349
Senior - BHPian

Its raining heavily in Sarjapur area, Bangalore. Lovely weather outside. Hope the rain continues for some more time . Brings down the temperature atleast by couple of degress.
Old 6th April 2017, 22:53   #1350
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy to see April showers this year in Bangalore.
Yesterday we had a decent downpour and a light drizzle this evening.
Weather is now much more pleasant. Hoping for a good monsoon as well. Water is going to be the next big scarcity that will plague us, keeping fingers crossed.

Most Viewed