Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2008, 11:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

I was zipping on WE highway near Khar, when it suddenly started pouring. And to my horror, the car skidded and swerved from side to side very dangerously when I tapped the brakes. Very scary experience! A little ahead, a truck had turned 90 degrees and was standing perpendicular to the flow of traffic after skidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great music and thoughts to match.....rains have a way of isolating you from the world.
Maybe thats what inspired Annu Mallik's "Its raining, its raining, its raiiiiining!"
Old 4th June 2008, 11:03   #32
BHPian

I totally agree GTO!

I absolutely love rains! Long drives with music, friends or alone are just awesome! clears my head and lifts my spirits. May 2008 was a blessing for delhites. The usually tiring drive to office became a real pleasure when it rained and the traffic was light!

Elito
Old 4th June 2008, 11:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

I was chatting with a few friends in the building,started pouring we were getting wet on the first showers,then my bro started the car opened the boot and music wa full-on some Hard House after 10-15mins the rains were off and so was the music...Best was the beautiful fragrance of the Wet earth...and some chilly breeze.

Awesome climate yesterday night,but now its darn hotttt..!!!
Old 4th June 2008, 11:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

I and Mad Monkey were having a conversation on phone and suddenly Monkey yells - "It's raining dude" I check outside my window and it wasn't - I tell him and he replies - "It's raining here full on - oh no - I have something in the open, will call you later " and he hangs up.

After 10 mins, I hear noises outside my window - "pitter patter pitter patter" - I look out and I see - ITS RAINING

Opened the window and enjoyed the rains.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Heard about the downpour townside. All I got was some lightning and clouds but no rain. And now its freaking hot
Old 4th June 2008, 11:27   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
P.S.: Please drive with caution. The first showers can make for extremely slippery roads.

Hi,

Tell me about it. Was on my way to the airport around 9.00pm on the WE Highway and suddenly it started pouring. In a span of 5 minutes witnessed 4 accidents caused due to skidding(mainly bikers) and 1 bad car accident. A Sumo rear ended a Santro on the Santacruz flyover who had braked to avoid going over a fallen biker.

On the return back around 11.pm there was a crazy jam that started on the flyover and took a good 1 hour to clear. Anyone knows what caused it.

Viper
Old 4th June 2008, 11:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

It's been raining in Agra twice a week now, Also it's been pouring like never before. In fact the weather's been acting so funnily for the last 6 months or so.

Global Warming Consequences I must say !!! It's hitting us much before than we expected.

Of course, I am not complaining about the rains. A bottle of the gold coloured water, A few tikkas & Seekhs, Rain Pouring down, Some nice Bryan Adams songs, Wow !!! Now that's what I call ' Majanee Life ' ( as quoted in Munnabhai )

Last edited by vkochar : 4th June 2008 at 11:31.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
On the return back around 11.pm there was a crazy jam that started on the flyover and took a good 1 hour to clear. Anyone knows what caused it.
Just after the Khar flyover, on the Bandra side, the road was really slippery. Thats where the truck skidded, and so did my car. Maybe after I passed it safely at around 9.30, some other cars may not have been so lucky.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:37   #39
BHPian

Its raining, Pune aswell!!

Yea it rained a lot yesterday evening in Pune, and was raining hard here in Baner. A strong breeze followed by some real heavy showers almost for an hour..Here i am standing in the window, and suddenly i hear some "kat..rr..kat" like sound and then i see a big branch of the neem tree tumbling down and finally landing on our compound wall with a big thud!..our poor old neem tree.
Old 4th June 2008, 11:38   #40
BHPian

Hey Jignesh bhai,

That was utter chaos for a good 2 hours there.

It is usually a evenly panned out drive towards the Bandra reclamation during the late evening but yesterday was horrific due to a Sumo, an indica & a pick-up van/truck that collided near the Khar signal area.

Slippery & wett, it certainly was last night on the WE highway.

Hopefully, all member came off enjoying the rains with no issues.

Glad the monsoon's here, finally.

Quote:
Hi,

Tell me about it. Was on my way to the airport around 9.00pm on the WE Highway and suddenly it started pouring. In a span of 5 minutes witnessed 4 accidents caused due to skidding(mainly bikers) and 1 bad car accident. A Sumo rear ended a Santro on the Santacruz flyover who had braked to avoid going over a fallen biker.

Viper
Old 4th June 2008, 12:31   #41
BHPian

It rained on Godhbandar Road on Monday morning (light drizzle). But yesterday it was a nice cooling shower around 9 in and around Thane. Good to see the clouds. Greenary will soon follow. Yippie
Old 4th June 2008, 13:40   #42
BHPian

My drive back home after the rains was very pleasant. I waited to the downpour to convert to slight drizzle and drove back from my office in Viman Nagar to Pashan Sus Road where I stay. Rolled down the windows, some good music to boot and the wonderful smell of Mother Earth. No skidding business, the S-drives are doing their job well I must say
Old 4th June 2008, 13:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Camry accident AFAIK.
got calls from bandra/andheri/ghatkopar about the rain
No rains here(kandivali) though
Old 4th June 2008, 13:52   #44
BHPian

It rained real hard yesterday. Moreover it started hailing in Pimpri on my way back from work!
Old 4th June 2008, 13:58   #45

Well well well..Rain and hail!! I had gone to Roni a.k.a. presidents house yesterday evening when my mom called up to say that it was raining. So i looked out and it was al dry in bandra. I left bandra at 8 30 and by the time i was in mahim i was drenched. Unlukily i was on a friends scooter so it was even worse. but thank god the rains are here!! the only down point is that the Left hand drive got wet!!

Most Viewed