Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 18:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Biker arrested for stunting on Public road ?

MODS- Please move if similar thread exists. I could not find it.
---EDIT---xBHP, not tBHP, Sorry for my bad vision, Mods Please change heading---
I was reading this clip and saw this faint sticker 'tBHP.com' on the Karizma;s tank. Can anyone confirm this? The resolution is faint.

Noida biker arrested for daredevil stunt on highway: IBNLive.com > Videos

News Clip

Noida biker arrested for daredevil stunt on highway

New Delhi: He wanted to enter the record books, but has landed in prison instead. Twenty-three-year-old Gurpreet Singh was arrested for rash and negligent driving after he performed a stunt on his bike on the Greater Noida expressway on Saturday near the Capital.

However, Singh was given bail on the surety of Rs 10,000.

Gurpreet wanted to set a record for India's longest ‘wheelie’ and so he rode his bike on the rear wheel for 12 kilometers of the expressway.

Police claims that Gurpreet performed the stunt without taking permission from the authorities.

A self-confessed bike lover, who claims that he can live without food or water but not without his bike, said he had made enough safety arrangement for performing the stunt.

The police, however, are not taking the matter lightly as an enquiry has been ordered into the incident.

Meanwhile, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to install CCTVs on the 23-km Noida-Greater Noida expressway stretch, officials said.

Superintendent of Police (Traffic) Ajay Sahdev said frequent cases of high-speed bikers and speed enthusiasts using the expressway have prompted the move.

------------------

Nice stunt though, 12Kms is great, But if properly organized would have entered hall of fame.

Last edited by svsantosh : 31st March 2008 at 18:49. Reason: xBHP, not tBHP, still a news to know about.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:50   #2
BANNED

Its looked like the biker's hangout, xbhp to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I was reading this clip and saw this faint sticker 'tBHP.com' on the Karizma;s tank. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 31st March 2008, 18:50   #3
BHPian

Dude have you gone mad it says Xbhp.com not tbhp.com, it's an official Xbhp bike in the video sponsored by castrol.

EDIT: here's the link to the video http://http://www.ibnlive.com/videos...-in-noida.html

Last edited by praJEEP : 31st March 2008 at 18:54.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:51   #4
BANNED

Clearly, there is some confusion. People mistake for a different site. They might not be as knowledgeable as you. Its possible that he has never heard xbhp and thought its tbhp. This is not a reason to 'bark' at them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
dude have you gone mad it says Xbhp.com not tbhp.com, think twice and watch thrice before posting something here.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:51   #5
BHPian

Doesn't the sticker say XBhp?
I guess you miss took Bhp to be Tbhp.
Never mind.
Old 31st March 2008, 18:58   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Clearly, there is some confusion. People mistake for a different site. They might not be as knowledgeable as you. Its possible that he has never heard xbhp and thought its tbhp. This is not a reason to 'bark' at them.
Mr diabloo take a chill pill, i am not barking at all, infact after i read his post came to know he has edited and said sorry it is xbhp not tbhp. kindly check my previous post now for details.

Last edited by praJEEP : 31st March 2008 at 19:01.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

12KMs. Great distance. I wish he had sought prior permisison...
Old 31st March 2008, 19:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

12 kms long wheelie. I am impressed.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

diabloo, prajeep - No hard feelings, It was my mistake. But anyways thanks for correcting me. Feel free to share your thoughts on the Stunt and its sad after effectes though!!

PS - I wonder if its a Castrol Sponsored one. Why would they put their name on a ILLEGAL (Per Delhi Police) bike and risk their name and fame. They are very much into motor sports in India, and clearly should know whom to inform before pulling off such a stunt.

Please pour your thoughts onto this.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:08   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
diabloo, prajeep - No hard feelings, It was my mistake. But anyways thanks for correcting me. Feel free to share your thoughts on the Stunt and its sad after effectes though!!

PS - I wonder if its a Castrol Sponsored one. Why would they put their name on a ILLEGAL (Per Delhi Police) bike and risk their name and fame. They are very much into motor sports in India, and clearly should know whom to inform before pulling off such a stunt.

Please pour your thoughts onto this.

Santosh its not an illegal bike my friend, you have only heard one side of the story from the DUMB media, who are use less creatures in our country
just for the sake of getting some hot news they create these dramas.

Some other bhpians could tell you more about it.

Technocrat, Bunnypunia,Sks biker Where are you guyz ?
Old 31st March 2008, 19:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is being discussed at length on xBhp Here

xBhp - TV TIMES UPDT: New Wheelie Record(Documented) : Skyscraper in Delhi (March 29th 2008)

This is what Sunny has to say

Quote:
Notice

This notice is with respect to the wheelie attempt on Noida Expressway. The media has only shown one side of the coin. They did not telecast our preparations, safety notice and advice. Also, they did not show the whole history of the club, which is spotless. We urge them to show what we have done for Indian biking in The Great Indian Roadtrip, publicizing India not only in our nation but across the world with photos, videos and press releases. We are the same people who did this The Great Indian Roadtrip Why did not media compare our achievements in this issue?

Some media are linking this attempt with accidents and unchecked chaos which results from many motorcyclists flocking the Noida Expressway on Sundays, doing dangerous stunts without any precautions and riding gears. We want to urge the media to understand their role and show both sides of the story. They have only shown the attempt and have chopped off our statement of purpose and list of precautions that we took before the stunt. We would also like to declare that we DO NOT participate with any other groups of stunter or rash riders, specially on the expressway on Sundays. This is was a one off sincere attempt to show how to channel the 'dark art' of stunting in a safe way and for a national record. However as xBhp has proved to be a class apart from different clubs in the past It also does not intend in any way to pursue stunting on the expressway or any other roads in Delhi/NCR. Also a lot of footage being shown on the channels have been taken in the past and does not belong to our group.

Furthermore, we want to stress on the fact that no xBhp member goes or will go and create havoc on any Delhi roads, specially the Noida Expressway. These troublemakers should not be attached to our group.

Please click here continue to xBhp.
Latest Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny
Sky is released now and is back at home. It is not as bad as it sounds in the media. He was made to write that he wont do such kind of thing again. He was chanred with reckless driving,

Last edited by Technocrat : 31st March 2008 at 19:46.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

thanks Techno for changing the header

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
thanks Techno for the header.

---

Too bad, wish Media showed the entire true picture and left it to the audience to decide whats good and bad!
Old 31st March 2008, 19:28   #13
BHPian

Totally agree with Sunny's statments, none of the xbhpian's go stuntin like mad on the streets without precautions.

Hopeless, our media people are!
Old 31st March 2008, 19:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Santosh its not an illegal bike my friend, you have only heard one side of the story from the DUMB media, who are use less creatures in our country
just for the sake of getting some hot news they create these dramas.

Some other bhpians could tell you more about it.

Technocrat, Bunnypunia,Sks biker Where are you guyz ?
I agree. The same thing like what they said about the Honda city & Bus accident in Krishnagiri.They initially said the bus came in wrong direction and we all were discussing and scolding the bus guys as a whole (ofcourse its true partly )
We came to know the real picture only after our tbhpian LandCruiser gave the detials as he witnessed. That too with a clear picture...
And as I myself seen some incident with the police statements, I will never take their statement as a valid one.
Old 31st March 2008, 19:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

It was a wonderfull feat BUT,he should have done it with the authorities concent.I strongly wish him luck to do the same through the proper chanel.

ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks