Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2011, 23:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: What contact lenses do you wear?

Bosch and Lomb, Its used by wife. i have never seen her change that frequently, but she does buy a solution often. its called Renu i think.
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Disposables offer more convenience and for some they are more practical than cleaning the old lenses again and again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Anku, it is simple. Most cases - lesser life (30 days) = softer/more water content et al than a 1 year shelflife one.
Hmm...thanks. But I guess I'll stick with specs, they help me get a more 'serious looking' look. And I had a hard time using the ones I had for a period of two months, poking myself in the eyes everyday for 20 mins till I managed to get 'em right.
Old 9th August 2011, 10:31   #18
BHPian

Hey... Some of you speak of the rewetting solutions. Is this one one which is directly put in the eye, whilst the lenses are worn? If yes, then which brands is/are available in India?
Old 9th August 2011, 12:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Ask your doc - Refresh tears. Just like fair and lovely it has 3-4 variants at different price points as well.

Though for minor issues (sleeping off while wearing contacts occasionally) - even the lens solution will do (as done practically, not a doc's advise)
Old 9th August 2011, 14:13   #20
BHPian

I have been using Bosch & Laumb's softlens for the past 5 years. I'm now ready to try out a different brand. Any suggestions? And how is the cost compared to B & L ?
Also, I use the Renu lens cleaning solution. Has anyone tried anything else and how is it ?
Old 9th August 2011, 14:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post

I have been using Bosch & Laumb's softlens for the past 5 years. I'm now ready to try out a different brand. Any suggestions? And how is the cost compared to B & L ?
I have tried B&L and J&J.
B&L cost lesser and the lens also were less comfortable compared to J&J. J&J lens are super thin and definitely easier on the eyes. Vision quality was also better with J&J.
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

I've been using Bausch and Lomb lenses for over a year now. I'm fine with the lenses but I think I really need to get a better solution. I've tried Bio-true and ReNu but with both of them I get webs/hazy vision.

For example, when I started with a fresh monthly pair yesterday, I rinsed the left eye lens in renu solution and directly put the right eye lens from the packet without rinsing it.

My left eye started forming webs within the first hour while the right eye was perfectly alright the entire day. This settles the fact that the lens solution is the culprit in my case. Any good solutions that prevent this web formation or hazy vision?
Old 29th December 2015, 14:56   #23
BHPian

Fine69,

Better to discuss this with your opthalmist.

Do you have cylindrical power? If not, then i suggest you go for daily disposable lenses which don't need a lens cleaning solution. Their cost is on the higher side, but your problem would be solved.
Old 7th November 2016, 11:38   #24
BHPian

Thought of reviving this thread

I just ordered and received and tried Bausch & Lomb iconnect @ 400 for 3 month supply.
My main targets are
1. Not to bother about specs while riding (wearing full face, no vent open helmet)
- today was the first day, I tried that. Had minor irritation in eyes, when I reached office, no redness though. I still removed lenses washed eyes with water, and lenses in their fluid & put them on again, minor irritation is now gone.
2. Watch 3D movies with 3D glasses, without looking dumb (actually, more of an inconvenience, than looking dumb part)
- I guess, this should be covered with lenses.
3. No specs convenience.

*Above are only Spherical powered (ordered for trial and comfort check).

I also have cylindrical power (-1), which means "Toric lenses" are required.
The lenskart "convert from glass specs- power to contact lens power" chart, my Cylindrical power is dialed down to -0.75

L - -1 (sph) -0.75 (cyl) 180 degrees axis
R - -1 (sph) -0.75 (cyl) 180 degrees axis

I have zeroed in on this - as of now - B&L Toric lenses @ 310 INR a pair (monthly disposables).

Before I order the above lenses, wanted to check if bhpians have any advice or feedback on the lenses.
Any better option that I should check out?

Thanks,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 7th November 2016 at 11:41.
Old 16th November 2016, 09:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
I also have cylindrical power (-1), which means "Toric lenses" are required.
The lenskart "convert from glass specs- power to contact lens power" chart, my Cylindrical power is dialed down to -0.75

L - -1 (sph) -0.75 (cyl) 180 degrees axis
R - -1 (sph) -0.75 (cyl) 180 degrees axis

I have zeroed in on this - as of now - B&L Toric lenses @ 310 INR a pair (monthly disposables).

Couple of updates -

The Toric lenses are much more "HD" vision enabling, obviously, since I have astigmatism too.
But, my eyes haven't really adjusted to lenses, since last Tuesday.
Takes more than a moment to re-focus, after blinking.
Bit blurry, sometimes.

Also, the 310 INR was a "single lens" price :(
A pair of toric lenses (monthly disposable) = 620 INR.

So, apparently- a really expensive affair, this is.

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 16th November 2016 at 09:21.

Most Viewed